Fikse Contest

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 12:29 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
just tell me when and I'll show up

Old 03-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by chrcowan
Sounds good to me. How about March 17th? If weather is bad, postpone to the 24th.
Originally Posted by simtiaz
24th will be better for me, I am at VIR 16-18
I'm good with March 24, and how about making March 21 the rain date?

I think the Tysons area is a good idea. It would be tough to get us all together at Katie's so we'd have to go somewhere else anyway.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:50 PM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Tonk
I'm good with March 24, and how about making March 21 the rain date? I think the Tysons area is a good idea. It would be tough to get us all together at Katie's so we'd have to go somewhere else anyway.
Did you mean the 25th as the rain date? Any other problems with the 24th? Otherwise, I say we start spreading the word.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Nandska is on a distinguished road
Man this sucks. I'm going to have to get up early for this. :LOL:

Old 03-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by chrcowan
Did you mean the 25th as the rain date? Any other problems with the 24th? Otherwise, I say we start spreading the word.
Nope, the deadline is the 31st.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Lt. Dan is on a distinguished road
Why don't we just do it in the fair lakes cars and coffee parking lot, but on a saturday morning instead? pic could be shot from the top of the parking garage overlooking everything.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:54 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan
Why don't we just do it in the fair lakes cars and coffee parking lot, but on a saturday morning instead? pic could be shot from the top of the parking garage overlooking everything.
fair lakes is a haul for the guys coming from Baltimore...

some key factors to pulling this off...(1) central location (2) nice day (3) neutral time and date, no conflicts with other events (4) big enough lot and vantage point for the picture.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Lt. Dan is on a distinguished road
Compared to the trip to Tyson's, I would say maybe 10 more minutes? Easier to get in/out of the area, better roads, and a known area where we won't be hassled?

Old 03-05-2012, 07:05 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan
Compared to the trip to Tyson's, I would say maybe 10 more minutes? Easier to get in/out of the area, better roads, and a known area where we won't be hassled?
Even Tysons is not really central.. but it's a pretty big lot.

I think Rockville, Bethesda or somewhere like that...would be more central...just I dunno of any lots.

that whole construction area in McLean and up thru 66 is a cluster f*%k that's best left avoided if possible. The more time spent out of VA the better (Cops are traffic ***** there lol ) ...I went to school at VA Tech, still own a Condo in McLean etc...etc... not missing VA traffic law insanity hahaha!

Old 03-05-2012, 07:55 PM
TTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the rough
Top floor of parking garage above Tara Thai in Rockville isn't too shabby. Or the Rockville mansion where they have the car show at.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:00 PM
TTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sunir
Even Tysons is not really central.. but it's a pretty big lot.

I think Rockville, Bethesda or somewhere like that...would be more central...just I dunno of any lots.

that whole construction area in McLean and up thru 66 is a cluster f*%k that's best left avoided if possible. The more time spent out of VA the better (Cops are traffic ***** there lol ) ...I went to school at VA Tech, still own a Condo in McLean etc...etc... not missing VA traffic law insanity hahaha!
Agreed 100%!

Old 03-07-2012, 05:35 AM
So, let's make this happen. Need a big lot that we know we can hang out at. Food nearby. I'm good on tyson's although I've never been to the upper lot. We could also try Sunday March 25th at the Fairlakes C&C as I know that there are a lot of 6speed members that go to that anyway (and likely won't drive out to anything else). We obviously can't accommodate everyone, so let's just make it happen. I have no problem driving to MD either. Any other suggestions or ideas? Let's take another few days and then pick a location and date and start spreading the word.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Chris how about we stay with Macy's lot in Tysons 2 galleria, at around nooninsh. Now for the date...24th - 25th weekend looks like the ideal, the question is if we do it on a Sat how much of the Katie's 6speed crowd can you pull versus how much of the Kohls Sunday crowd can you pull respectively, our chosen date should be predicated upon masses and numbers only, since all we need are a group pic and a roster of members (chuck said cars are not needed in the pic so weather and whatnot shoudn't be a factor)

Old 03-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Given Tyson's then I think it's gotta be Saturday.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
Chris how about we stay with Macy's lot in Tysons 2 galleria, at around nooninsh. Now for the date...24th - 25th weekend looks like the ideal, the question is if we do it on a Sat how much of the Katie's 6speed crowd can you pull versus how much of the Kohls Sunday crowd can you pull respectively, our chosen date should be predicated upon masses and numbers only, since all we need are a group pic and a roster of members (chuck said cars are not needed in the pic so weather and whatnot shoudn't be a factor)
I say we go with Sat. March 24th. Agreed? Who is in for this?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fikse Contest