2013 DC Auto Show

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 08:44 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
2013 DC Auto Show

I know what a lot think so I'll say it "the DC Auto Show is terrible".... there, now none of you have to say it…. which I don’t really think, u should try some other shows outside of NY, LA, Detroit, Frankfurt/Paris & Geneva…. U will appreciate DC’s.

It is Thur eve 01/31 = Press/VIP reception, public = Fri 02/01- Sun 02/10... for once not overlapping with Daytona 24 and Cavallino which I like.

I will be QBing the RR/Bentley/Lotus display so if anyone wants tix - a whole $12 value - PM me can arrange to leave at willcall. RR/Bentley will be breaking out the big guns this yr. bringing Phantoms and Mulsannes but yes I know is true = nothing you can't see going to showroom in Bethesda... but its a good cause to support the car culture and the mfg.s do actually somehow "scientifically" gage the quality / purchaseworthiness of attendees and gage future participation spend therefrom so car guys going to actually see the cars and not Randy Orten the wrestler and other "celebrity attractions" is a help.

The usuall suspect mfg.ers are all there, notable excpetions Porsche is continuing its US Big 3 (NY, LA, Detroit) only show circuit so they won't be there which is pretty sad considering VWNA is right down the st. - they must think we're broke busted in the DMV idk, and Ferrari / Lambo of Wash. I don't believe is participating which has been the norm for the current owners excepting couple yr.s which is also pretty lame given VW and actually Lambo staff are located therein right down the st., one would think they'd do some arm twisting but apparently not.... so i guess you'll have to go to Katies for that.... or your own garage or whatever if thats the case.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:41 AM
ShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really nice
wonder if the C7 vette will be there... Luckily I can send employees to work the Audi Booth so I don't have to, but i'd go to see the vette

Old 01-19-2013, 12:30 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
^^ LOL that is everybody's same question. I asked the show director and he said they are "working on it and hopeful". I can't imagine they wouldn't bring one if it was available considering already officially unveiled etc. Director said he'd tell me as soon as he knows and I will post response.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
I would assume no on the C7 Corvette. I'm thinking that there are too few out there right now, especially considering the first one they built is being auctioned away for charity.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:15 PM
ShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really nice
YEA, id love to know... I know they have a couple, would be nice if it makes the auto show tour

Old 01-19-2013, 03:00 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
if its there.... I will be also

Old 01-21-2013, 07:14 PM
KhanArt is on a distinguished road
Wink

I have been there the last few years but each year that goes by I think it gets worse and worse. Last year being the worst I have been to. Not sure If I am going this year. Any cars worth seeing this year?

Last year they barely had any exotics.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:44 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
i'll be at the show. my first time going to one of these, do i have to arrange entry in advance? how's that work?

Aston Martin of Washington will have a booth, and they'll have the new Vanquish. i'm at least wanting to see that, since i haven't seen one in person yet.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by telum01
i'll be at the show. my first time going to one of these, do i have to arrange entry in advance? how's that work?

Aston Martin of Washington will have a booth, and they'll have the new Vanquish. i'm at least wanting to see that, since i haven't seen one in person yet.
^^ Read first post. PM me I can leave you tix at willcall... or ask Pieter/Hans at Aston if ur a client I'm sure they'd do same.

All I ask is that if I to leave tix for you that you use them

Old 01-26-2013, 10:16 AM
King Richard is a jewel in the roughKing Richard is a jewel in the roughKing Richard is a jewel in the rough
Yep. No C7 = No go.

I might be biased as you can guess.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Pictures taken by a friend of mine

http://www.flickr.com/photos/iamzrad...th/8434893544/

Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 AM
King Richard is a jewel in the roughKing Richard is a jewel in the roughKing Richard is a jewel in the rough
It's nice that they brought out a ZR1 and the Hot Wheels Camaro, but as expected, no C7 Corvette on display. :P

Old 02-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Daekwan is a jewel in the roughDaekwan is a jewel in the roughDaekwan is a jewel in the rough
Really disappointed there is no C7 (and no new Viper) at the DC auto show. Which also means I'm no longer a definite for this show. With over 10million people in the Northern VA, DC and Maryland area.. and several more mid atlantic states within a 3 hour driving distance.. I cant believe manufactures would miss this opportunity to show off their all new flagship vehicle.

It also doesnt make since from a prospective buyers standpoint. As the DC area should have most stable employment numbers in the entire nation. And GM has really dropped the ball here.. with the top 3 Corvette dealers in the entire nation being located in Atlantic City NJ, Atlanta GA and Gaithersburg MD. This car will not be on dealership lots until almost August. Why miss the ability to disappoint so many people anxious to see the vehicle & those who might be thinking about placing a deposit down to order it now.

My father is ready to order his C7 right now. But he refuses to place a deposit down until seeing the car in person. Looks like instead of driving 15 minutes to downtown DC to see the car for the first time. We will have to make the 4 hour trip to NYC in March to see it.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Daekwan is a jewel in the roughDaekwan is a jewel in the roughDaekwan is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Tonk
I would assume no on the C7 Corvette. I'm thinking that there are too few out there right now, especially considering the first one they built is being auctioned away for charity.
The auction is for the first production car. AKA VIN#000001. It will be first car built off the mass production line and production will not start until June.

The cars being shown & driven around the country now are still pre-production units with out VIN numbers. Things like HP, MPG, weight, features, etc have yet to be finalized. Even with it being leaked that Beyonce will be getting out of the C7 during the halftime show of the Superbowl tomorrow. And of course the Superbowl MVP recieving a C7. It still seems like a poor decision not to let potential buyers get a sneak peak at a pre-production unit. They could simply rope it off so people couldnt get too close, if the vehicle wasnt finalized.

Last edited by Daekwan; 02-02-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Daekwan
Looks like instead of driving 15 minutes to downtown DC to see the car for the first time. We will have to make the 4 hour trip to NYC in March to see it.
I've never been to the DC auto show, but I've been to the NY auto show more times than I've been to the Baltimore auto show. The 4-hour drive is well worth it. You could even take Megabus/Bolt Bus/etc for cheaper than you can drive and you get dropped off just a few blocks away from the Javitz Convention Center. They have more manufacturers, more variety, more opportunities to sit in amazing cars, more exotics, more tuners, the list goes on and on.

Here's my pictures from 2011, for reference:

2011 New York International Auto Show

Last edited by Tonk; 02-02-2013 at 04:35 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 DC Auto Show