2013 Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run - Saturday, May 18, 2013

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 08:24 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
2013 Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run - Saturday, May 18, 2013

This will be our fourth annual Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run! Over the last three years attendance has been strong and we expect nothing less this year. We would like to keep the bulk of the cars "Euro" related (BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Audi, Volkswagen, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, etc) but if you have friends with nice cars that are outside of those parameters, certainly feel free to invite them. The only reason we're not inviting all makes and models is to keep it from growing to hundreds of cars (which it has been in the past).

2013 Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run
Saturday, May 18, 2012

9:00 am - Meet in Rockville at Mid-Pike Plaza, Toys R Us parking lot
11802 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda, MD 20852

Leave promptly at 10:00 am. It takes approximately three hours to get to Philly from here (with tolls and stops factored in).

11:45 am - Arrive at Delaware House rest stop to regroup and use the restrooms.

12:15 pm - Get back on the road towards Philly.

1:00 pm - arrive at Tony Luke's Cheesesteaks
39 East Oregon Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19148

Facebook Post
<------ click for the event on Facebook.

If you live in the PA, NJ, DE, NY etc area and don't want to join the cruise (or want to set up your own), just meet at Tony Luke's around
1:00 pm. If you organize any of your own cruises, please let me know and I will spread the word.

Tony Lukes Cheesesteaks website: http://www.tonylukes.com.

Parking - the best place to park is next to the Tony Lukes restaurant, under I-95. There are at least a few hundred parking spaces so parking will not be an issue. There is also a small parking lot across the street for about 20 cars.

Eating - Across the street from the restaurant is the "steak shop" and that's where I recommend you get your food. There will be quite a line but it will be worth the wait. The restaurant has limited seating and will fill up quick with all the people that are coming.

If you post this on any other forums that I haven't included, please post the link here so I can update the list!

Videos from last year:

This will be posted on the following forums:
6 Speed Online
Audizine
Bimmerforums
E46 Fanatics
E90 Post
Early 911 Registry
Ferrari Chat
Gruppe Titan
Luxury4Play
M3 Forums
M3 Post
Maserati Life
Planet-9
Saab Link
VW Vortex

Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2013, 09:34 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Go on Chris, add me in

Sids car looks smashing in that cover pic! Is that Peshay playing in the first vid?

Last edited by Exlondoner; 04-18-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:12 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I'm in.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Bump! Just a couple more weeks!

Old 05-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Bump! Less than a week left!

Old 05-15-2013, 05:41 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I'm getting a ride up there from my Buddy Garrett but will need a ride back to Bmore (right off the hwy/Boston St/Canton) ...anyone have an open seat coming back?

Old 05-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Gonna miss out on this one, have to get a few things done that day, enjoy yourselves!

Old 05-16-2013, 07:27 AM
Don't forget about the NoVA caravan up to Rockville!
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...va-rville.html

Old 05-17-2013, 07:57 PM
Hey everyone. Just a reminder/heads up that this is rain or shine. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! Bring your appetites!

Old 05-20-2013, 06:18 AM
Thanks to everyone for coming out! It was smaller than previous years which was probably a combination of the fact that there was potential rain in the forecast, cruisin weekend in Ocean City, and SoWo. I'd estimate we had about 30-ish cars leave from Rockville, MD, then we picked up six more that joined us from Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee, then picked up a few more in Delware. I think about 20 came down from NY/NJ and probably about the same from PA. I'd guess we had about 100 cars at Tony Luke's.

On the drive up from Maryland a turbo G35 got pulled over but I think he just got a ticket for no front tag. We also lost an E92 3-Series when he suddenly got two flat tires on the driver side. I'm still not sure exactly sure what happened there.

The Gallardo was definitely the hottest car there and got the most attention which is completely justified lol. In Philly there were two extremely loud cars, a C63 AMG and an E92 M3 that ripped it under the bridge when they left which got applause from everyone standing nearby. I believe someone got video but I haven't seen it online yet.

These are just a few un-edited pictures I put up real quick before I can get through them all.

Attached Images           
Old 05-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Old 05-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Just an article on the NY Times website...no big deal

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2013...r-cheesesteaks

Old 06-01-2013, 03:33 PM
For the full album of pictures I took (146 pictures) in higher resolution, CLICK HERE

Attached Images                    
Old 06-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Part 2:

Attached Images                          
Old 06-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Link to the NY Times article: http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2013...-cheesesteaks/

A couple videos: