Need Clear Bra? Don't go anywhere, they come to you

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 08:28 PM
ADubM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Clear Bra? Don't go anywhere, they come to you

Just had Shy from Custom Clear Tech do clear bra on my wife's 2014 GL550.
It was so convenient for me as he came out to my house and did the job right in the garage. The job took about 5hrs and results are fantastic. (Another shop said they'll need the car for 1.5 days and if you need a renta-car, you can pick one up across the street)

I had the full front pkg (hood, bumper, fender, mirrors) done and he gave me a nice 6speed price. No need to even post photos of the results as you'll never even notice work was done.

He even went out of his way and covered behind the rear wheel plus repaired the crappy clear bra job done by the dealer on my R8.

Very detailed guy and would totally recommend.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:13 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
That's great if its b/w abt precisely 65 and 85 degrees like now. Either side of that won't work. Transients might tell you that it will but it won't, at least not well on a full panel wrap job etc. And spring = pollen season = bad idea in any not enclosed, specifically filtrated area. If place to work isn't very clean and very well lit = bad idea. But hey, the clear-bra roaming gnomes gotta make hay when the sun shines so can't hate on that.

But if a clear-bra guy says "hey I just travel around in a van and go work wherever in whatever conditions" read = if you want to guarantee consistent results that isn't the tract. Roaming gnome low overhead is great.... until its not. IMO go to a real place with a real purpose set-up facility.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:55 PM
supra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by WeisachWilli
That's great if its b/w abt precisely 65 and 85 degrees like now. Either side of that won't work. Transients might tell you that it will but it won't, at least not well on a full panel wrap job etc. And spring = pollen season = bad idea in any not enclosed, specifically filtrated area. If place to work isn't very clean and very well lit = bad idea. But hey, the clear-bra roaming gnomes gotta make hay when the sun shines so can't hate on that.

But if a clear-bra guy says "hey I just travel around in a van and go work wherever in whatever conditions" read = if you want to guarantee consistent results that isn't the tract. Roaming gnome low overhead is great.... until its not. IMO go to a real place with a real purpose set-up facility.
^After going through some of your past posts, I actually wonder if you even know wtf your talking about...

On the other hand.......
Shy gets two thumbs up from me, if he wasn't a reputable Clear bra installer, I doubt FOW would let him Clear Bra a brand new Aventador.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:41 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Yeah ok. If ur talking abt the volcano orange one smbody posted pics of ways back we did redo that one shortly thereafter..... along with abt 20 others bw ny and va. We didn't orig do that orange one bc little ***** who used to be lambo service writer wanted kickbacks and free favors and our co doesn't play that game... he has long since been dispensed from fow

But if u want to endorse the notion of people installing paint protection film in random home garages, random times of year in random conditions knock urself out. It isn't first won't be last time hear smthg totally retarded on a forum. Its like asking smone to paint ur car outside

Old 10-02-2013, 05:30 AM
ptmobile is a glorious beacon of lightptmobile is a glorious beacon of lightptmobile is a glorious beacon of lightptmobile is a glorious beacon of lightptmobile is a glorious beacon of light
Just out of curiosity, do you install clear bras? If so how much experience and have you ever done them mobile? I have for 12 years and never have contamination issues. We take along water tanks, lighting, and heat when needed and get the same results as you would in a shop... at a much lower price. I have also owned shops as well but find most customers would rather stay at home... or at least not have to drop a car off for a day. I have also seen work come out of shops that were terrible; contamination, paint cuts, and poor quality work in general. But since you seem to know so much I am just curious as to how you base such a broad opinion.

And by the way no one said anything about doing it outside in a drive way.

One last thing, this is a quote from another post you made.

"Clear bra sucks
Just keep a good painter on retainer"

Obviously you don't like the product in the first place nor have any real experience with them, so why open your mouth and make yourself look like an ***?

Last edited by ptmobile; 10-02-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:44 AM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Willi and I have our differences from time to time but there's no better when it come to installing the clear bra. I've seen a lot of his work and it's outstanding. I highly recommend him

Yeah ok. If ur talking abt the volcano orange one smbody posted pics of ways back we did redo that one shortly thereafter..... along with abt 20 others bw ny and va. We didn't orig do that orange one bc little ***** who used to be lambo service writer wanted kickbacks and free favors and our co doesn't play that game... he has long since been dispensed from fow

But if u want to endorse the notion of people installing paint protection film in random home garages, random times of year in random conditions knock urself out. It isn't first won't be last time hear smthg totally retarded on a forum. Its like asking smone to paint ur car outside

Old 10-02-2013, 07:22 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bull30
Willi and I have our differences from time to time but there's no better when it come to installing the clear bra. I've seen a lot of his work and it's outstanding. I highly recommend him
Well I'm glad someone does.... He did my Viper and Range Rover with waves all in the clear, not to mention it's peeling in most corners.... I wouldn't be so upset if he actually left some Whiskey in the flask I handed him when I picked up my Range Rover that was in the drivers door, brown bag style!!!! Oh not to mention all the dog hair in the trunk, must be nice to use customers cars for personal needs.... I'll stop here (there's much more).

Old 10-03-2013, 05:40 AM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
I wasn't trying to open up Pandora's Box... I've seen Willi's work and it looked good to me. That's all I have to go on...

Old 10-03-2013, 08:00 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
This is shaping up to be an exciting thread!

<grabs some popcorn>

Old 10-03-2013, 12:52 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
How does he prepare paint prior to putting plastic on?

Ideally would get the paint looking best it can before covering it

Old 10-03-2013, 01:49 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RossL
This is shaping up to be an exciting thread!

<grabs some popcorn>
Me too!

What the hell, man? Dog hair???

Old 10-03-2013, 04:27 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Me too!

What the hell, man? Dog hair???
Yes, he has a dog he takes everywhere. She's a sweet dog! His "detail" guy told me they drove my Rover around, he's a nice guy too! Chai, who does the work for him, is a really nice young guy as well! If you go there ask for Chai to do it, he's a perfectionist and you can tell the difference in each other's work. Parts Chai did are still good!

Old 10-14-2013, 08:28 PM
supra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant future
Guess I'll stick to my first statement....(bow's out), thanks for chimming in Bakker!

-Val

Old 10-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by GTLaser
Yes, he has a dog he takes everywhere. She's a sweet dog! His "detail" guy told me they drove my Rover around, he's a nice guy too! Chai, who does the work for him, is a really nice young guy as well! If you go there ask for Chai to do it, he's a perfectionist and you can tell the difference in each other's work. Parts Chai did are still good!
Luckily he didn't wreck your RR....maybe he was trying to show everyone it was his RR?

Old 10-14-2013, 09:45 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
there's irony here, multiples... clear bra installer rags on another, gets a compliment, then gets destroyed by shocking testimony.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need Clear Bra? Don't go anywhere, they come to you