31st Annual Deutsche Marque Concours d'Elegance - May 4, 2014 - Vienna, VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 02:43 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
31st Annual Deutsche Marque Concours d'Elegance - May 4, 2014 - Vienna, VA

http://www.dmconcours.com

Nottoway Park
9601 Courthouse Rd
Vienna, VA 22181

The Deutsche Marque Concours d'Elegance is an automotive party featuring fine German collector vintage and modern cars arrayed around Nottaway Park in Vienna, Virginia. Car owners, and those who adore their cars, gather for a day of mutual admiration and relaxed camaraderie while guest judges review and critique the participants’ cars.

This year will represent the 31st time that we have gathered with the National Capital Chapter of the BMW Car Club of America (BMWCCA), the Greater Washington Section of the Mercedes-Benz Club of America (MBCA), and the Potomac Region of the Porsche Club of America (PCA) for this terrific show.
Event Schedule - Sunday May 4, 2014 (rain date - May 18, 2014):
8:30 AM Field opens to show participants for placement onto the field.
9:00 AM General admission begins.
10:00 AM All cars whose owners wish them to be judged must be registered, and cars placed on the field. If you would like to be judged, PLEASE have your car on the field by 10:00 AM. We do our best to judge everyone consistently and fairly and can do this best if we have sufficient time. Thank you!
10:30 AM Judging begins.
2:30 - 3:00 PM After the judging is completed, scores are tallied, and winners determined, we will announce winners at the wine and cheese reception.
3:00 PM Wine and Cheese Reception - Awards for all clubs will be presented at the reception.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Ill be there!

Old 03-03-2014, 07:15 PM
DaveB is on a distinguished road
Tough choice, car show or track day at Summit Point, the big course, hummmm. I'll have to think about it.

Dave

Old 03-04-2014, 06:55 AM
pseto will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by DaveB
Tough choice, car show or track day at Summit Point, the big course, hummmm. I'll have to think about it.

Dave

Track on Saturday, DM on Sunday...problem solved

Old 03-04-2014, 05:56 PM
DaveB is on a distinguished road
The only problem, they are both on the same day.

Dave

Old 03-05-2014, 06:15 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
This is a nice event, done it many times. Just make sure you clean your car thoroughly!

Old 03-06-2014, 06:04 AM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
I'm going to leave some black dirty tar somewhere just so I can see the judge's reaction.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:57 AM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Unfortunately it's NOT Audi inclusive... So you could have an R8 GT and you're not invited...

Old 03-06-2014, 07:07 AM
pseto will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by bull30
Unfortunately it's NOT Audi inclusive... So you could have an R8 GT and you're not invited...
Used to include Audi Club but only 2-3 would show up. For some reason, no one seemed to miss them

The event now includes a corral area in the corner infield so that all marques can park and hangout. The last few years its been just as good as the show cars. Thus, Bull you're invited!

Old 03-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Except bull doesn't have an r8!

I'll be in the exclusive front engine porsche class.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:29 AM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Fraggle
Except bull doesn't have an r8!

I'll be in the exclusive front engine porsche class.
Not yet but there may be one on the horizon

Old 03-06-2014, 12:28 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Not yet but there may be one on the horizon
I thought you said your TTRS is basically as good as an R8? if so why bother getting the R8?

Old 03-06-2014, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
I thought you said your TTRS is basically as good as an R8? if so why bother getting the R8?
I did NOT say as good as, I said faster... A stock TTRS off the showroom floor is faster from 0-60 than a V10 R8... Get a TTRS to Stage II+ or Stage III and it's insane. AND, I didn't say I would be getting rid of the TTRS. Since they made so few I figure I will hold on to it for awhile to see where the prices go...

Old 03-06-2014, 01:35 PM
I did NOT say as good as, I said faster... A stock TTRS off the showroom floor is faster from 0-60 than a V10 R8... Get a TTRS to Stage II+ or Stage III and it's insane. AND, I didn't say I would be getting rid of the TTRS. Since they made so few I figure I will hold on to it for awhile to see where the prices go...

I'd just get the TTRS to a stage II or III then, you have a nice one, the color is sharp, it's a cool car...save a few bucks and have something a little more unique, and better performing than the R8V10... a good friend of mine picked up an R8V10 last year, quite honestly I was not as impressed with it as I thought I would have been, but I don't have long term or extensive experience with it so who knows...

Old 03-07-2014, 07:13 AM
The ttrs sure is a fun car!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 31st Annual Deutsche Marque Concours d'Elegance - May 4, 2014 - Vienna, VA