Mini Cooper Austin and Morris Mini talk, and the 2001-2006 Mini and Mini S, 2007 to present Mini and Mini S

Its Finally Here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Motoracer is on a distinguished road
Its Finally Here!

Just picked up my brand new 08 Lightning Blue Mini S on Monday night. Haven't even had much time to play with it yet, but I've been commuting each day to work in it since I picked it up. Hopefully today I will sit in it and play with all the gadgets and see how different things work.

I have this thing FULLY LOADED! So far it is a blast to zip around town in!

Anyone know of a good exhaust? I don't want anything too loud, just something to maybe add a little power and give it a nice sound.

Also, anyone familiar with upgrading the turbos? How can I get a good kick out of this thing?

THANKS!

I am attaching 2 Iphone pictures I took quickly

Attached Images   
Old 08-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Tom(Atl) is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Motoracer
Just picked up my brand new 08 Lightning Blue Mini S on Monday night. Haven't even had much time to play with it yet, but I've been commuting each day to work in it since I picked it up. Hopefully today I will sit in it and play with all the gadgets and see how different things work.

Anyone know of a good exhaust? I don't want anything too loud, just something to maybe add a little power and give it a nice sound.

Also, anyone familiar with upgrading the turbos? How can I get a good kick out of this thing?

THANKS!

Congrats. I think that is funny that you have a Lambo and are so legitimately excited about the Mini. That is just great!

Old 08-06-2008, 11:55 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! Did you order it? My friend ordered hers and they said it would take 6 weeks, its been 5 weeks, and now they're saying 2 more months!

Old 08-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah I ordered it. Originally they said 4-5 weeks, and it came the Monday of the 6th week.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:25 PM
R53Mini is on a distinguished road
Fantastic color!

Old 08-06-2008, 07:27 PM
PARealtor is infamous around these parts
they sure are fun cars to drive around town and on the back roads... with my growing family it looks like Ill be selling mine for something a little larger

Old 08-07-2008, 06:01 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Congrats! One of the best colors for a mini.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:25 AM
spyderman33 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Motoracer

THANKS!

Congrats on your purchase... Exhaust wise there are several options but you may want to go on www.northamericanmotoring.com since that is the 6speedonline.com equivalent to MINIs.

I have an 06 and did what they call the one-ball mod (look it up on youtube).. they remove the resonator off the car and it gives it a louder, throatier sound with the burbling and pop but not too loud for everyday use... I have a Capristo on my Gallardo and it's TOO loud for daily use or even sneaking around town... Sets off alarms, whatever...

Depends on your taste but if you want loud then Borla Race Exhaust and Magnaflow are the ones to go with... JCW is louder than exhaust but not sure if it's worth the money...

One ball mod is louder than stock but won't drone or make your life impossible and it costs less than $100 since it's just a mandrel pipe welded...

I am finding myself using the MINI alot more than I thought I would as well.. There are lots of fun... My wife says its mid life crisis!!!

Good luck.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:40 PM
N1_kT is on a distinguished road
nice collection of cars you got there

Old 08-08-2008, 06:28 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Nice, congrats!

Old 08-09-2008, 04:19 PM
TUD
TUD is on a distinguished road
Diggin' the cars in the garage behind the MCS. BTW, it looks good too!

Old 08-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Trace can only hope to improve
Congratz!!!

MINIS are one of the most fun cars to drive!! They are even more fun when fully modded (literally) they are giant go-karts!!

And you're the 3 person I know who has exotic cars, and enjoy driving a MINI as much as the exotics. IMO - that says a lot about the MINI.

Enjoy!

Old 08-11-2008, 02:59 PM
You guys are right! This thing is a blast to jet around in! I have no complaints or regrets thus far...very happy I went with the MINI!

Old 08-24-2008, 06:30 PM
YseanY will become famous soon enough
nice stable!

Old 08-26-2008, 07:12 PM
th3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of light
Motoracer, I've got an RS4 and a Z06 and about to have a GT-R but I need something to go incognito sometimes... I've been crazy about Minis for years and everyone around me thinks I'm nuts. But seeing how you like yours is making me rethink the possibility of getting a JCW Mini.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Its Finally Here!