Mini Cooper Austin and Morris Mini talk, and the 2001-2006 Mini and Mini S, 2007 to present Mini and Mini S

Turbo vs Supercharger? Which Mini S to get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Banned
*STATUS* is on a distinguished road
the supercharged cooper is awesome give me 2 wks and ill let you know how the turbo one is

Old 11-08-2007, 07:49 PM
gt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the rough
turbo

The turbo car is great, I just got back from a Quick trip from chiacgo to new york. The time just flew by. Even had fun with and SRTjeep on I80 for a while till he blew up trying to pass me . All in all i have taken this trip a couple of times and the mini was the best of all. My cousin has a 05 S vert but i cant seem to tell the difference except for the size.
This is the best value and the most fun i ever had. My avg MPG was 33 and avg speed was 85. got to love the turbo

Old 11-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Responsible user
Bronto will become famous soon enough
keep in mind that the R56 has better gasmileage and is more powerful. the car is also 7cm(2.5") longer than the older one so it's a bit more practical as well. I think there's a JCW kit out now for the new model

Old 11-09-2007, 11:52 PM
mkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Bronto
the car is also 7cm(2.5") longer than the older one so it's a bit more practical as well.
I see what you're saying, but 7cm is going to barely make it more practical I'm just messin' with you

I haven't driven the turbo verison, but I REALLY like the supercharged engines. Just love that whine!

Old 11-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Responsible user
Originally Posted by mkell
I see what you're saying, but 7cm is going to barely make it more practical I'm just messin' with you

I haven't driven the turbo verison, but I REALLY like the supercharged engines. Just love that whine!
haha, it's a two seater car man, but it does make aa little bit more practical in some aspects. bigger boot and stuff

I'm not a fan of supachargas but the turbo does have a nice sound. both cars are great

Old 11-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Banned
ok we have one for about a year havent gotten to sit in the drivers seat as of yet but have been in it to lunch a few times. INterior is nice and it seems a lil more punchy and gets way better gas mileage but im still biased to the supercharger. we just got a load of product from alta performance for it and ill be driving it after we get that stuff on and the chip and ill tell you for sure how much more i like it. But i still love the styling of the r55 53 whichever chassis number it is lol

Old 11-19-2007, 06:47 PM
ALTAADAM007 is on a distinguished road
Hey guys! Again I can't yell who I am and where I am from, But if anyone cares, they (R53 2002-2006 H/B S and the R56 2007+ H/B S) are both great cars. They are different and owning and driving both I can say that the R56 version is "better" than the R53. Many of the little annoying issues with the R53 in terms of NVH, dash rattles, etc. etc. are all gone. The new car has a bit more luxury flair to it and since this is a predominantly porsche/luxury owners group I suspect you all will be like me and like it more as well. PLUS the MPG, etc. is better than the earlier car. If I am not driving the Murci I routinely drive one of my MINI's back and forth to work. The R56 gets more than 500 mpt and the R53 is lucky to break 375-400 mpt.

If anyone has ANY questions about the MINI I am more than willing to help.

Thanks for letting me ramble!

Old 12-27-2007, 03:40 AM
Banned
agreed i took the mini out for a few weeks and the r56 does in fact seem alot more powerful spacious and overall nicer. But i still feel the r53 has more fun flare. Im in love with the previous model in looks feel and flare. But do not mix it up the r56 is much improved stock to stock.

Originally Posted by ALTAADAM007
Hey guys! Again I can't yell who I am and where I am from, But if anyone cares, they (R53 2002-2006 H/B S and the R56 2007+ H/B S) are both great cars. They are different and owning and driving both I can say that the R56 version is "better" than the R53. Many of the little annoying issues with the R53 in terms of NVH, dash rattles, etc. etc. are all gone. The new car has a bit more luxury flair to it and since this is a predominantly porsche/luxury owners group I suspect you all will be like me and like it more as well. PLUS the MPG, etc. is better than the earlier car. If I am not driving the Murci I routinely drive one of my MINI's back and forth to work. The R56 gets more than 500 mpt and the R53 is lucky to break 375-400 mpt.

If anyone has ANY questions about the MINI I am more than willing to help.

Thanks for letting me ramble!

Old 12-27-2007, 10:54 AM
dzy
dzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond repute
Basically, the newer Copper is a better daily driver. It's bigger, has better interior and is more comfortable. The older version is however, better to drive. It's more hardcore. But a better overall car? Nope.
My car has awful ride quality and I can't have any people in the backseat, cause then I max out the suspension and the (too) wide tires scrape. But when pushing it, I like it better than the New Cooper. It should be noted that my car has modded suspension, brakes and wider tires.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:18 AM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
What I have "heard" and it may not be true, but that with suspension mods, the new Mini gets alot more fun like the old Mini. Nots sure if thats true or not. Anyone with personal experience?

Old 12-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by newport996
What I have "heard" and it may not be true, but that with suspension mods, the new Mini gets alot more fun like the old Mini. Nots sure if thats true or not. Anyone with personal experience?
no not yet JIC is out of stock on all mini suspension stuff

Old 12-28-2007, 09:46 PM
TheWheel is on a distinguished road
OK here's my .02

I bought an 06 S eleven months ago right when the 07s came out. The dealer had about 7 or 8 06s left on the lot.
I drove three of the 07s after driving two of the 06s. I thought the 07 was going to flip over in the same corner that I went through in the 06 with no lean whatsoever! The suspension (or lack of) was actually scary in the 07. Back in the 06, I felt like I was in a tuned sportscar, alot like my 993. In fact that might be a good comparison.....993 vs 996. The 993 is more raw and connected to the road, where the 996 is much more refined and comfortable. Both are great cars, but I prefer the 993.
I have NOT driven a new 07 S with the optional sport suspension, so that might be a big difference in handling.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:51 PM
ALTAADAM007 is on a distinguished road
That is very odd, but the 07's do have a slightly taller bumper height vs. the 06. The 06 is a great car, but the 07's are far more refined. The use of some H&R springs on the 07 might have really done the trick for you. (Or as you mentioned the sport suspension.)

Glad you are enjoying the MINI!

Old 12-30-2007, 06:29 AM
dzy
dzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond repute
The engine in the R56 is from a Peugeot. Nuff said

Old 12-30-2007, 10:04 AM
Responsible user
Originally Posted by dzy
The engine in the R56 is from a Peugeot. Nuff said
Where is the old one from?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbo vs Supercharger? Which Mini S to get?