Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

New 2010 GT-R Warranty Rules from Nissan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool New 2010 GT-R Warranty Rules from Nissan

Nissan has gone insane on the new set of rules for warranty coverage on the 2010 GT-R.

Basically......you can't drive it, except to get bread and milk.

http://njection.com/blogs/exclusive/...2010-gt-r.aspx

Old 04-07-2009, 03:56 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Is it really that different than Porsche's Warranty?

Porsche does not warrant:

"Components and/or parts that fail during racing or driving events (including Porsche sponsored events) will not be covered by the new car limited warranty"

"Modifications not authorized by PCNA or its authorized dealers"

PCNA will repair ore replace with a new or remanufactured part distributed by PCNA at its sole option, any factory installed part that is defective in material or workmanship under normal use:

"...with the assumption that you use your car only in ways for which it was designed "To be driven on reasonable surfaces within legal limits. Porsche specifies reasonable mileage to be 15 miles per day or 6000 miles per rolling 12 months."

Sounds like the same legal gibberish. Drive, enjoy...track and mod at your own risk.

Last edited by bbywu; 04-07-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Kickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to behold
LOL good point bbywu. Its the same garbage most every maker...... No Wait .......its concerning a R35 GTR from Nissan lets blow it up to make the rules seem biased and unfair.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:13 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kickhard
LOL good point bbywu. Its the same garbage most every maker...... No Wait .......its concerning a R35 GTR from Nissan lets blow it up to make the rules seem biased and unfair.
Hey Kickhard...We're not all haters...usually But I did see I a little blurb in the middle of the disclosure:

4. Maintenance Costs
Engine/Transmission: As a high performance sports car, the cost of maintaining the Nissan GT-R (parts and labor costs) will be higher than other vehicles.

just kidding...

Old 04-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Kickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bbywu
Hey Kickhard...We're not all haters...usually But I did see I a little blurb in the middle of the disclosure:

4. Maintenance Costs
Engine/Transmission: As a high performance sports car, the cost of maintaining the Nissan GT-R (parts and labor costs) will be higher than other vehicles.

just kidding...

Why you little GTR hating @#$!%%8. I knew you would find that

Its all good man

nice find!!!

Old 04-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Why you little GTR hating @#$!%%8. I knew you would find that

Its all good man

nice find!!!
Invite to Road America extends to you too, BTW.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
Interesting.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:26 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu

4. Maintenance Costs

just kidding...

bbywu - i brought up this exact point on one of my gt-r forums... it's typical warranty information. i think it's humorous to see that it uses similar language as many other member's manufacturers, but those members spend more time circulating information about a car they don't own, instead of reading their own manuals.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:29 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
oh, the irony...

the only thing that bothers me is why is the language different from the '09's?

mc mentioned something, and it sort of makes sense. this year marks the release of the gt-r for the entire globe (including europe), and this is common language as other european manufacturers, and it may just be global adjustment to the warranty so it doesn't matter which country in which you own one.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

Originally Posted by jaspergtr
... it's typical warranty information. i think it's humorous to see that it uses similar language as many other member's manufacturers, but those members spend more time circulating information about a car they don't own, instead of reading their own manuals.
I agree to a point......but it does seem very detailed.

Nissan just seems to be very cautious after recent events.

Not a hater. I had every intention of buying one......and still may.
We'll see how it shakes out

Old 04-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Brando
I agree to a point......but it does seem very detailed.

Nissan just seems to be very cautious after recent events.

Not a hater. I had every intention of buying one......and still may.
We'll see how it shakes out
oh, hey bro, i wasn't pointing you out, this has been circulating forums for a few days now, and inevitably it ends up on here as well... at least you guys try to keep yourselves informed even if it is not a car that most of the members won't even want to share a highway with.

but that was my initial reaction as well... kinda like a 'well, you want to do stupid crap, we'll make you take all the risk.' - statement.

but the more i contemplated and discussed it, and researched a little (asking other owners what is stated in their manuals), i've come to the belief that this is just part of the globalization of the nissan gt-r, and i'm not going to read into it any more than that.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Wink

No problem.

My previous car.......GT-R wannabe.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
4 words:

Magnuson Moss Warranty Act

Old 04-07-2009, 05:15 PM
damn brando - that car looks pretty damn good.
is that stillen front and greddy sides?

nice stance, rims, clear corners, calipers, splitter, mesh grill... is that an intercooler?

Old 04-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Cool

Yep.......Vortech T Trim SC, put down over 400 whp.

It was a great car. I owned it for over 4 yrs and had done almost everything I could think of to it.

Needed a new project until I decide on the GT-R......or not.

BUt....I'm deff not a Nissan hater.

Last edited by Brando; 04-07-2009 at 05:38 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 2010 GT-R Warranty Rules from Nissan