Where are the Laser/Radar Traps?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 09:06 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Where are the Laser/Radar Traps?

With the increase usage in the Bay Area I felt it may be helpful if we all shared where we encountered these traps. Perferably, day, time, highway and direction.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:09 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Laser, Tuesday, 10-9-07, South Bound 101 before McKee Road (about 400 yards before exit, just under a overpass) CHP on motorcycle.

He is hard to see because he is in the shadow of the overpass.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:27 PM
eshaun will become famous soon enougheshaun will become famous soon enough
milbrae avenue onramp to 280 when heading north. CHP car hides in the pullout behind the wall so there is no way you will see him until you pass the entrance...usually no radar warnings on v1

both sides of fwy on bunker hill dr exit. CHP waits high on the northbound side of the onramp and low on the southbound side...close enough to the overpass you wont see them, but KA on the V1 should give you plenty of warning

Old 10-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Russkiy_M3 is on a distinguished road
I usually see a cop or two posted with lasers on 24 right after the Caldecott Tunnel, heading downhill towards the city. There is a long straight away, which is where they post on the right hand side.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:29 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
880 southbound under the 237 overpass. there's usually someone there during the morning commute.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:21 PM
tkracing is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by eshaun
milbrae avenue onramp to 280 when heading north. CHP car hides in the pullout behind the wall so there is no way you will see him until you pass the entrance...usually no radar warnings on v1

both sides of fwy on bunker hill dr exit. CHP waits high on the northbound side of the onramp and low on the southbound side...close enough to the overpass you wont see them, but KA on the V1 should give you plenty of warning

I have seen him a few times...sneaky.

I see them alot near 92 and 280. Mostly 280 both north and south bound. Usually sitting up on the vista point on ramps between Edgewood and 92 exit.

Once in a while I see one sitting behind the caltrans lot on the side of 280. Southbound near 35 and Millbrae exit. Theres a cyclone fence he hides behind and you wont see him til you pass him.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:52 AM
jkb
jkb is on a distinguished road
these threads are great, but:

a. i will never remember these
b. cops move their speed traps all the time

Old 10-13-2007, 02:53 AM
jkb
Originally Posted by cjv
Laser, Tuesday, 10-9-07, South Bound 101 before McKee Road (about 400 yards before exit, just under a overpass) CHP on motorcycle.

He is hard to see because he is in the shadow of the overpass.
you live in bay area??? i always assumed you are on the east coast. how come you never come out to SR or any other norcal outings?

Old 10-13-2007, 03:00 PM
BlackS4Terror is on a distinguished road
Old 10-13-2007, 03:38 PM
jkb

neat. now to find a way to dynamically update it and turn it an iPhone app and we got a business idea

Old 10-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Banned
vodkarocket is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jkb
neat. now to find a way to dynamically update it and turn it an iPhone app and we got a business idea
I think this might be a start: http://www.flagr.com/

Old 10-14-2007, 07:09 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by jkb
you live in bay area??? i always assumed you are on the east coast. how come you never come out to SR or any other norcal outings?
Yes, I live in the Bay Area. I've come to a few events. Although not SR. When I was in business years ago sometimes meetings were held up waiting for me to arrive. All the while I was sitting at the table. I prefer to be under the radar screen.

Last edited by cjv; 10-14-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:53 PM
jkb
Originally Posted by cjv
I prefer to be under the radar screen.

so do i, but unless you are 13 and living with your parents, there is no reason to hide from fellow 6-speeders. whats the worst thing that can happen? MrTheKid takes a few pics of you and photoshops them -- big deal

Old 10-15-2007, 07:55 AM
cjv
Originally Posted by jkb
so do i, but unless you are 13 and living with your parents, there is no reason to hide from fellow 6-speeders. whats the worst thing that can happen? MrTheKid takes a few pics of you and photoshops them -- big deal

Wish it was that easy. Can't really go into details. But, since you live in the area I'll introduce myself one of these days.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:05 PM
eshaun will become famous soon enougheshaun will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
I think this might be a start: http://www.flagr.com/
try this...

http://www.flagr.com/maps/radartraps

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where are the Laser/Radar Traps?