Progress of my 996

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 03:43 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
It's the internet forum. We all tends to want other people live out and fulfill our fantasy. Car fantasy that is....
So painted RED dam it.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Antroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant future
I thought white was the new red.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:10 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
The New REd

Originally Posted by Antroiny
I thought white was the new red.
Thought this was pretty cool.... and it's red... It demonstrates the incredible value in what Bruce is doing, and a VERY similar build. They want in excess of $70K for this one. OOPS ~ it was too cheap at $70K and now it's SOLD.

http://www.race-cars.com/carsold/por...75113642ss.htm

Old 05-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Well here is another update on the car!! It is coming along very nice now!

Fitting the new fenders

Engine compartment is all painted

gauge cluster

air vents and door panel trim behind mirror

Last edited by Brucem; 06-04-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
some pieces installed back into car

GT3 Seats

We are getting the interior pieces back into the car so that they are not laying around the shop. Fitment will go on till next week and then doors, windows and everything comes out for Paint. Motor is being reinstalled by MZ Motorsports next week.

ACC Collision is doing an amazing job on this car! if you need work done in the future you are all welcome to come visit the shop and see the work they are doing on my car.

The next car they are doing is an 02 996 that will be transformed into a 997 GT3RS with all factory GT3RS parts. They are NOT using the conversion parts! These guys are serious business!!

Last edited by Brucem; 06-04-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:49 PM
S7RR is on a distinguished road
DAAAAAAMN! That looks cool. I vote offset Black stripe WITH Rossa Scuderia pinstriping. Yeah... Thats cool...

Old 05-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Looks amazing. One question. Had you thought about a 997 conversion at all?

I'd love to drop in and take a look........if it wasn't out in BFE

Old 05-21-2008, 11:56 PM
997 RSR parts are not easy to come by. So that would be a crazy conversion....and I really didn't want to go down that road..i love the 996 looks still

Old 05-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Gary in BR is on a distinguished road
The car is coming along great, I cant wait to see it finished.

PS
I like the white.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:01 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
CF shifter plus CF Gauge Cluster Bruce?

Old 05-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by SpeedYellow
CF shifter plus CF Gauge Cluster Bruce?
Nope. I like the white. I don't want too much carbon on the inside (MAYBE add stereo surround). I don't really like the feel of the carbon shifter either it is too much of a square box for me instead of the one that is in there now.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Looking good Bruce

Old 05-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Brucem
997 RSR parts are not easy to come by. So that would be a crazy conversion....and I really didn't want to go down that road..i love the 996 looks still
*nods in agreement*

Old 05-29-2008, 10:28 PM
E-Man is on a distinguished road
Cars looking good Bruce. Love those seats. Looking forward to seeing it in real life one of these days. Any updates?

Old 05-29-2008, 11:29 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Didn't know you could convert a 996 into a 997 anything. thought the front end had to be swapped completely seems to be a lot of funds to get a look alike GT3RS.

That White looks great on the interior. Back of the seats looks great. Can't wait to see the car when done.

I'm slowly creating a White Army that will follow then swallow all in it's path. Hehehehe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Progress of my 996