Potentially a new owner but still needs help in proper steps for a proper buy...

Old 07-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Riz1 is on a distinguished road
Potentially a new owner but still needs help in proper steps for a proper buy...

Hey guys i am potentially going to buy a car from out of state(Puyallup, WA) which is the first time i will be doing this. I know that some of you new owners had bad stories about experiences from out of state so that that's why i'm coming here to post up here before i make any dumb mistakes. The car is a 2002 996tt Red on black with 6k miles that has no warranty as this will be a private sale and not from a dealer. The owner says that he's the second owner in which he bought the car from true speed motor cars in Newport, Cali. I've asked the owner for a PPI on the car of course at my cost and he was perfectly fine with it saying that he's confident nothing is wrong with the car. Are their any other precautions i should take and questions i should ask to find out more about the car? I asked the owner about the 2nd gear pop and he basically doesn't know what that is so is their a way i can be aware if the car has it? I don't want to end up with the car with 2nd gear pop especially the costs. Here is the dealer he had it serviced at along with the (Larson Audi/Porsche (253) 475-3832) any opinions on the dealer? Yea i know i sound like a tard coming to you guys with advice but i figure i'd be safe rather than sorry...again thanks guys...here is the original ad btw i'm getting the car at 62k...good price???

yes i know the wheels suck but i'm buying the car without the wheels

This car is it!
For 2002, Porsche rolled out the most extreme Twin Turbo 996-based 911 yet.
This is the most sought after color and package combo in the 996 line. If you know your cars you will understand what you are looking at here. I live in Washington State and have never driven the car in the rain - thus only 6,346 miles. It is always keep in my carpeted garage with an average temperature of 60 degrees and with a car cover. I think I have spent more time wiping it with a diaper than driving it. This car is a gem. on a scale of 1-10 its a 10 all day long.
Whether you want a fast sports car that demands respect or a Sunday driver, this beauty is it! Make no mistake - you will not find another with the same options, price, mileage and look.
Why am I selling? I dont drive it and spend the time with my kids.
HERE IT IS!
2002 Porsche Twin Turbo
Only 6,346 miles
*20 Inch 3 Piece Chrome Maya Wheels
**Fab Speed Stainless Steel Straight Pipes (200 Cell Cats)
***Fab Speed High Performance Air Intake System
Carbon Fiber Wheel
Carbon Fiber Shift Lever
Carbon Fiber Switch Panel
Carbon Fiber E-Brake
Carbon Fiber Instrument Surround
Billet Aluminum Entry Guards
Billet Aluminum Pedals
Guards Red Ignition Rossette
Guards Red Rear center consol
Guards Red Calipers
Red Stitch through out the Dash and Seats
Matching Red Front and Rear Seat Belts
Supple Leather
Porsche Crest Embossed in Seats

*20 Inch 3 Piece Chrome Maya Wheels
  • Designed for the automobile enthusiasts that craves to be different and appreciates the quality of a high end product, Maya performance wheels mate timeless designs with cutting edge technology and have gracefully set the new quality standard in road wheels for all others to follow.
** Fab Speed Stainless Steel Straight Pipes (200 Cell )
  • Imported 200 cell catalytic converters
  • Imported sports racing catalytic converters with straight pipes that eliminate the bulky heavy stock 996TT factory exhaust system. Essentially your 996TT will have sports race catalytic converters connected to straight pipes out to your tips on both sides. Very aggressive sports car, exotic sports car sound like a 935 and 962. Fits all cars worldwide.
  • Complies with factory Porsche warranty. Very cool and very aggressive sound.
  • Saves 45lbs versus stock 996TT exhaust system
*** High Performance Air Intake System
  • +20.5 HP and +21.7 ft. Lbs of torque
  • 3/4 LB extra boost with no other changes. Allows unobstructed airflow to the twin turbo engine for MAXIMUM POWER.
  • COLD AIR is force fed to the engine's air filter by the STOCK fan and snorkel. See the photo above as the FAN blows COLD AIR directly onto the air filter and the intake snorkel dumps cold air to the filter.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:19 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Have a PPI done at Larson Porsche, make sure you check for Type 1 and 2 overrev's. 2nd gear pop out is when you're in 2nd gear and it just pops out into neutral

Here is a video of a gear pop out

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...1&sa=N&tab=wv#

Old 07-24-2008, 12:22 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
it's very pretty! i hope that it all works out for you!

best wishes!

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 07-24-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:41 PM
desaille is on a distinguished road
Rizzy from m3f?

Old 07-24-2008, 02:28 PM
mitchelrl is on a distinguished road
I'd pay him extra time/gas to have the PPI done at Barrier.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:45 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
I agree. Larson is very 2nd rate Porsche dealer. Barrier or I would call Cantrell motorsports and see if they can do a PPI.

If he takes it to Barrier or Cantrell's, I can take a look at it for you.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:36 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
I second that - have an authorized Porsche Dealer mechanic look it over first - it's a beautiful car - I hope it checks out great so you can get it, drive it and enjoy it. Sounds like this guy saved it for you with that mileage!

Old 07-25-2008, 12:20 PM
RocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant future
Is it me, or does the description text sound odd to you. Reads more like a salesman "curbing" a car to me.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:36 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RocC4S
Is it me, or does the description text sound odd to you. Reads more like a salesman "curbing" a car to me.
I agree. It says it has a warranty, but wouldnt it expire in 2006?? Maybe it is a CPO?

Old 07-25-2008, 02:55 PM
FerRrari will become famous soon enough
6K Miles, 2 owners in 6 years sounds very fishy to me definitely get a PPI.