Enough talk about cars, let's talk handbags

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 05:39 PM
AlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to all
Talking Enough talk about cars, let's talk handbags

As some of you know, I recently launched a new online business, called Yoogi's Closet. It's a service for buying and selling pre-owned authentic luxury goods. I came up with the concept for the business after visiting several high end stores in Seoul and Tokyo earlier this year. These stores offered a pleasant shopping experience because of the way the pre-owned goods were presented and the fact that the authenticity of the goods was never questioned. These stores were a far cry from the dingy consignment stores that we have in North America. If you’ve ever bought a pre-owned certified luxury car from Barrier, that’s the experience we’re emulating.

For the guys: if you want to keep the gf/wife happy while you buy more toys, bookmark the site. Or, if you're angry at your gf/wife and want to sell her stuff to help pay for those toys, contact me

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Simon

Last edited by AlgaeHater; 08-08-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:44 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
wooohooo simon! you may become my new best friend! lol!

congrats and i wish you all of the success with your business venture!

jody

wow! nice! i just went and peeked at the website and i've now started my christmas wish list, starting with the earrings. =D

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 08-08-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:50 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool concept. Simple website to navigate too! Good luck with your venture, I think it should work out great!

Old 08-08-2008, 05:52 PM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
I like the site. It is simple to navigate and has all the info you need to feel good about your purchase. Get some mens watches in there and you will have a hit with both men and woman.

My wife has a ebay biz and has started selling quite a bit of higher end products. She has a relationship with a high end professional organizer who cleans out closets and then she gives Amy stuff to sell for a commission. You guys might be able to work out a nice partnership. She comes across some things that aren't right for ebay and as you grow I am sure you will come across things that Amy might be able to help with.

If you are interested in speaking more shoot me a PM and I will introduce the two of you.

Good luck, you should do very well!

Rob

Old 08-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
I got a bunch of shoes I can sell you, she would never notice a dozen or so gone...

Old 08-09-2008, 01:54 PM
AlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to all
Rob - I'll PM you. Thanks.
Stealth - we're not planning on selling clothing or shoes, but we welcome any high-end handbags.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:29 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Hey, LOVE handbags and I really do need a new one! However, have two LV's and some others that I would like to sell - do you do consignment or what? PM me and let me know.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:08 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
i am in the market for a TODS =)

Old 08-10-2008, 08:50 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a shopping trip should be our next drive Jody!!!!

Old 08-10-2008, 08:54 PM
+1 on that greta! i can do some serious shopping damage! =D

Old 08-10-2008, 10:13 PM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
You guys do not get to meet my wife =)

I can tell I couldn't afford it!

Old 08-10-2008, 10:20 PM
EB_1920 is on a distinguished road
Nice. You should hook up with the bagborrowsteal guys, since I'm sure they are always looking to sell off their merchandise (and they are also located in Seattle). Perhaps they already have a retail sales channel though (I'm not very familiar with them).

Speaking of new business in the Seattle, I just started up an auto parts comparison website where you can compare prices for auto parts. Check it out when you get a second. http://frugalmechanic.com

Good luck on the new venture!

Old 08-11-2008, 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by EB_1920
Nice. You should hook up with the bagborrowsteal guys, since I'm sure they are always looking to sell off their merchandise (and they are also located in Seattle). Perhaps they already have a retail sales channel though (I'm not very familiar with them).

Speaking of new business in the Seattle, I just started up an auto parts comparison website where you can compare prices for auto parts. Check it out when you get a second. http://frugalmechanic.com

Good luck on the new venture!
Greta - I sent you a PM.

I know a few guys at Bag Borrow and Steal - one of their VPs was a VP at my last company. And yes, they do have an outlet store although it does not have any items from the popular designers.

Frugal Mechanic seems like a great business idea! We should chat one of these days - I was involved in the auto aftermarket industry (SEMA, AAIA, etc.) for 8 years and would be happy to talk shop with you. I managed a number of auto-centric online applications like make/model definitions and vehicle part application data.

Simon

Old 08-11-2008, 11:29 AM
EB_1920 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AlgaeHater
Greta - I sent you a PM.

Frugal Mechanic seems like a great business idea! We should chat one of these days - I was involved in the auto aftermarket industry (SEMA, AAIA, etc.) for 8 years and would be happy to talk shop with you. I managed a number of auto-centric online applications like make/model definitions and vehicle part application data.

Simon
Great! I just sent you a PM. Thanks for your help

Old 08-11-2008, 11:34 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
You may also check out http://www.bagborroworsteal.com which is the same basic model. Lots of local executives. PM me if you want to talk to the management. They have been around for a while and came through our Angel forum raising capital a few quarters back. We never put money into the idea, but I do have connections to their management. A bunch of the guys who did Classmates.com did the bag-borrow-steal thing.

Last edited by SpeedYellow; 08-11-2008 at 11:40 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Enough talk about cars, let's talk handbags