Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 11:27 AM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
For 4 years in my late teens and early twenties I averages over 100 days a year skiing. That number has dwindled over the years. Three years ago I broke my back in 3 places in a car wreck. I hope to get at least a day or two in this year and ramp back up again next. It will stuck *** being stuck on the groomed stuff right now, but at least I will be on the hill again.

I need some new gear too. I will look pretty funny out there on my 220 Super G Blizzards!!

Old 11-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PJS
Headed to Mexico soon
OH, I would LOVE to do that!

Old 11-07-2008, 05:48 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PJS
Headed to Mexico soon
quit hijacking my threads pj. we've all done this out of cabo now buy some ski's and forget about the crappy sun. it's winter time for mtn biking and snow skiing.....

Old 11-07-2008, 05:51 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BuzzedHornet
I need some new gear too. I will look pretty funny out there on my 220 Super G Blizzards!!
Rob don't buy new gear just new outfit and boots. The mountains have great Demo programs you can ski on the newest boards for $50 a day. Good new boards are a grand and you can pick fatties or all mountain depending on the day and it would take you 20 trips to cover the grand it costs for new boards. I'd recommend boots because those are key but it will save you money in the long run. 5 trips a year means your skiing on the newest stuff every year for 4 years until you catch up to the original investment.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:17 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
quit hijacking my threads pj. we've all done this out of cabo now buy some ski's and forget about the crappy sun. it's winter time for mtn biking and snow skiing.....
I have the gear... I have been skiing since 78 and snowboarding since 87... yes 87... primarily a skier now, but prefer a snowboard in powder... that is the white fluffy untracked snow that we do not get a lot of in the NW

Mostly a 10-20 day per year guy before last year... mostly day stuff and a trip to Whistler... although 2 years ago spent a couple days at Vail which were epic bluebird days... snow all night, clear sunny conditions all day...

I took the college years off -- not much skiing in Philadelphia

Last year was the first year living in the PNW that I did not ski -- wife pregnant blah blah blah...

I hope to get back into it this year and I alway love a good mountain bike ride... I just need to get back into shape!

Old 11-07-2008, 07:33 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
There's a ski swap this weekend at Bellevue's Newport High School

http://skiswap.info/

Old 11-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Outlaw is on a distinguished road
Mark you bet im going to ski evry day this year if i can.. 130 days in, year befor last,last year i only got 30 days in, witch sucked, I have my pass and all my skis are ready to go.. I have some new boots for sale. thay have 10 to 15 days on them and the liners never bin used, 25.5 x wave 10

Old 11-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
The sooner we get snow the better. I am planning on Baker the Friday after Thanksgiving if we have some white stuff.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:35 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
I used to love to ski, but since my husband had knee replacement and can't ski anymore, I have not been for three years and finally got rid of my equipment. Great fun and lifetime memories though.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:14 AM
Thats to bad.. my father is 76 and still skis with out my mother.. dich the old man and gett out thair with your friends.. also my dad had a dubble knee replacement,,, get your husband going..

Old 11-10-2008, 02:02 PM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
Good point Mark. When I skied for Blizard / Koflach 20 years ago I specialized in custom boot fitting. Grinding them out so the racers could wear boots 2 sizes too small in order to reduce the flat spot in the middle of the turning radius. There is no reason for me to use my old race boots today. I am nowhere near the skier I used to be. It would sure be nice to find a pro-deal on some new boots today! My days of free gear are long gone too =(

Technica used to make the best performance race boots for wide feet. Since I am not looking for a super stiff boot anymore I assume many manufactures make boots that will fit my fat feet today. Anyone have any suggestions?

Rob don't buy new gear just new outfit and boots. The mountains have great Demo programs you can ski on the newest boards for $50 a day. Good new boards are a grand and you can pick fatties or all mountain depending on the day and it would take you 20 trips to cover the grand it costs for new boards. I'd recommend boots because those are key but it will save you money in the long run. 5 trips a year means your skiing on the newest stuff every year for 4 years until you catch up to the original investment.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by BuzzedHornet
Good point Mark. When I skied for Blizard / Koflach 20 years ago I specialized in custom boot fitting. Grinding them out so the racers could wear boots 2 sizes too small in order to reduce the flat spot in the middle of the turning radius. There is no reason for me to use my old race boots today. I am nowhere near the skier I used to be. It would sure be nice to find a pro-deal on some new boots today! My days of free gear are long gone too =(

Technica used to make the best performance race boots for wide feet. Since I am not looking for a super stiff boot anymore I assume many manufactures make boots that will fit my fat feet today. Anyone have any suggestions?
I have three pairs of Head's. It's not the crazy crank down 2 shell sizes too small I used to ski with either. There are many good boots out there. My friend races with Rossignol but he's never had a day with me he didn't complain about the pain. Funny I grew up a few years ago and crank em down hard but not "no blood to my little old toes" too hard.

Lange's are popular but skinny feet boots. I've ski'd a lot with Technica's as well. They don't fit me so well anymore.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:04 PM
I had a love/hate relationship with Lange. The old orange racing boots are responsible for many bumps I still have on my feet but god they skied so well. The yellow SI's (?) were great too, but never quite had the same feel as the orange ones.

We used to dig hole at the top of the hill, stand in them and pack them with snow to the third buckle while we were waiting for our turn at the gates. The stiffer the better! I still have no hair on my shins =)

I will have to go try some on and see. I might just demo everything this year. I am pretty nervious about my back and I don't need to invest in something that will just collect dust if it doesn't work out.

I need to get Colin up this year for sure tho! He is 9, I stated when I was 6...

I have three pairs of Head's. It's not the crazy crank down 2 shell sizes too small I used to ski with either. There are many good boots out there. My friend races with Rossignol but he's never had a day with me he didn't complain about the pain. Funny I grew up a few years ago and crank em down hard but not "no blood to my little old toes" too hard.

Lange's are popular but skinny feet boots. I've ski'd a lot with Technica's as well. They don't fit me so well anymore.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:28 AM
I could help you out on the boot thing.. I ski full time most years exept when I have to bild a race cars .. for the last 28 years of sking i have had realy good luck with boots.. for the last 4 years i bin with salomon and all my boots are custom, with cork foot beds and liners.. and I ski a bout 130 days if the snows on the ground. salomon makes a x wave 10s great boot.. not to stiff and not to soft..Delbello,Full tilt and head boots are what i would sujest as well, Delbello and full tilt are what most of the big MT pros or on.. Im going with head this year.. Im having a hard time trying to find a boot that has a 130 + flex and that you can hike with and stick big boy landings with out braking your legs.. I was very happy with the x wave 10s tho

Old 11-18-2008, 06:48 AM
ivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to behold
I took off almost 10 years to raise the kids...now they are dragging the old man up the hill. Last year I took them 17 times and found out I still had some turns left in these old bones... this year we are hoping to even go from all the rain. Seasons passes are in the truck and the gear is all loaded. We even set my wife up and she is going to get out at least a couple times (we hope)

I love to ski with the kids...and my wife. When I was young I went 4 days/wk all season long...its excellent excersize and reaction training. Plus super fun...(well when its not all wet and soggy NW style)

See you up there

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow