Weekend Fun Ideas ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:04 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Weekend Fun Ideas ...

I enjoyed a mother/son day with Aaron today. We went to K1 Indoor motorsports and raced go-carts. He achieved first place during every race, I didn't do so well due to my drifting around corners continuously (ooops). We have a blast - alot of fun. It is located on Bel-Red Road in the Overlake area- fun time.

Also saw a great movie with the family on New Years Day - GRAN TORINO with Clint Eastwood. EXCELLENT and highly recommend it. (not suitable for younger children).

Old 01-02-2009, 09:09 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
sounds like a nice time greta! i love the bel-red go-kart place! i still have one race left on my game card. we should go sometime!

Old 01-02-2009, 09:21 PM
S7RR is on a distinguished road
HAHAHA! I was on the K1 Website looking it up and I went on the lap times and saw "Aaron Pass" I was like... Wait... Greta's son?! I checked in here and yup, I guess so

Old 01-02-2009, 09:46 PM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
what's the minimum age for Karts? my oldest is 5...

Old 01-02-2009, 10:15 PM
S7RR is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by brendo
what's the minimum age for Karts? my oldest is 5...
Its a hight requirement, 4'11".

I making my brother go in the tallest shoes he has. (He is 11...)

Old 01-02-2009, 10:16 PM
speedneed is a jewel in the roughspeedneed is a jewel in the roughspeedneed is a jewel in the rough
why not make this weekend coffe meet at K1???
what do you guys think?
sunday sometimes??

Old 01-02-2009, 10:17 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
sounds good to me!

Old 01-02-2009, 10:30 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, I was picturing the 6speeders at this place and how competitive it would probably get. Could be alot of fun! I would be game to do it again. I was having some trouble with having to use my left foot as a brake since I am used to driving a manual. I hit the right foot hard (meaning to brake), but it was the gas peddle, and well, I moved an entire wall Came in 3rd place though!

Yea, my son holds one of the week's best times, he was really great. I'll let him know if we go so he can join us.

(PS: There were some young boys maybe 10-12 years old in another group. They went slower but did fine and it is well supervised so they are flagged when to pull over for a pass).

Old 01-03-2009, 11:49 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gretapass
Yes, I was picturing the 6speeders at this place and how competitive it would probably get. Could be alot of fun! I would be game to do it again. I was having some trouble with having to use my left foot as a brake since I am used to driving a manual. I hit the right foot hard (meaning to brake), but it was the gas peddle, and well, I moved an entire wall Came in 3rd place though!

Yea, my son holds one of the week's best times, he was really great. I'll let him know if we go so he can join us.

(PS: There were some young boys maybe 10-12 years old in another group. They went slower but did fine and it is well supervised so they are flagged when to pull over for a pass).

Greta as a group we are looked down upon at these establishments. It turns out they really don't like 5-9 competitive guys actually racing at these places. Last gathering at Bruce's party we were kindly asked to either stay 10ft apart basically or leave I wish there was actually a place besides SCCA and PCA all of us could gather and trade paint

Old 01-03-2009, 01:05 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
I had a lot of fun at Sykart in Tukwila

http://www.sykart.com/

They use gas motors, I think K1 uses electric

Old 01-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't been carting since I was 10. I probably suck

Old 01-03-2009, 02:04 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eliseguy
I haven't been carting since I was 10. I probably suck
what are you talking about everytime you start the Lotus you go carting

Old 01-03-2009, 02:14 PM
RB,
i'm in the same boat...or shoud i say car as you. lol! it's a larger version of a gokart. =) i've only been a few times and i'm not exactly speedy gonzales out there but i try and maintain my corners and have lots of fun doing it! you'll have a great time!

if you wanna see someone really suck at something, you outta see me on rollerblades! it's NOT a good sight! lol!

Old 01-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
RB,
i'm in the same boat...or shoud i say car as you. lol! it's a larger version of a gokart. =) i've only been a few times and i'm not exactly speedy gonzales out there but i try and maintain my corners and have lots of fun doing it! you'll have a great time!

if you wanna see someone really suck at something, you outta see me on rollerblades! it's NOT a good sight! lol!
Yep the elise is pretty close to a go kart. I think go karts weight more though

Haha. Jody, I swear that I've seen you as.a spokesperson for roller blades. Side pony tail and all

Last edited by Eliseguy; 01-03-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:26 PM
^^i'm stuck on the 1980's rollerskates. glittery leg warmers and all! =)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weekend Fun Ideas ...