Porsche First Mile Test Drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 12:04 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Porsche First Mile Test Drive

I just got a call from Barrier because I signed up, and he asked what I wanted to drive, I said 997 turbo. How difficult is the clutch? I've drove an older Boxster and Cayman S, will they be about the same??

Old 05-15-2009, 12:13 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
^^Hard to say for sure, because if it was an older Boxster, it may not be the stock clutch. They may have replaced it at some point. I know personally, my clutch is different feeling from our 996. As far as the 997 TT goes, I don't know.

Best wishes

Old 05-15-2009, 12:26 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
I think the Boxster was stock, I drove it when I worked at Toyota because someone brought it in for service.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:02 PM
ivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to behold
bring it by so I can drive it and I will let you know how it compares

Old 05-15-2009, 04:44 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mr2guysingh
I just got a call from Barrier because I signed up, and he asked what I wanted to drive, I said 997 turbo. How difficult is the clutch? I've drove an older Boxster and Cayman S, will they be about the same??
The clutch is very easy on the turbo. In fact many think it has to much assist. It's nowhere near as heavy as the GT3 or GT2. I've driven both the Boxster and the Cayman and I'd have to say the turbo is pretty comparable.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Okay. I just dont want to stall or anything.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:21 PM
ivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to behold
Was it black? I thought I saw you over by park palce

Old 05-15-2009, 05:22 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
997TT has a very easy clutch compared to the others mainly because it's supposed to be a "GT" type of car. You'll do fine. Not quite Honda/Toyota light though.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:29 PM
drh
drh has a spectacular aura aboutdrh has a spectacular aura aboutdrh has a spectacular aura about
The clutch will be a bit heavier than the boxter and the shifting will require more force. My wife's caymanS feels very light compared to my turbo.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by ivangene
Was it black? I thought I saw you over by park palce
He said they just sold a black one. My appt. isnt until the 22nd

Old 05-15-2009, 06:29 PM
OMG that black one was on Northup (going the other way) and I got a quick "flash" which made me as excited as any "quick flash" I might have ever seen !!

Old 05-15-2009, 09:32 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
It is a great clutch and very easy to handle. I remember the first time I test drove the turbo, I didn't realize the power of the car and redlined it out of the driveway of Barrier in 1st gear (LOL). Then I returned their (Barrier's) car with a cracked windshield - a rock caught it on the freeway (ooops). Better to do these things on a test drive than in your own! However, after that, I HAD to have one and place my build order!