Got a "No front plate" ticket on 405!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
This never happened on super troopers

Have any of you guys thought of contacting komo 4? Don't they do a segment on exploitation and people's opinions? I don't watch much news unless its sportscenter so I can be way off.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Eliseguy
This never happened on super troopers

Have any of you guys thought of contacting komo 4? Don't they do a segment on exploitation and people's opinions? I don't watch much news unless its sportscenter so I can be way off.
Yes, they would not touch it with a 10 foot pole and risk the loss of their inside info and contacts at WSP for other stories...not going to happen..

Face it, what we knew one time as "Public Safety"

Is turning into a seperate society of "we control and watch for or own"

One of the MAIN reasons I left Law Enforcement after 10 years in 1981..

Old 10-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by roytoy2003

One of the MAIN reasons I left Law Enforcement after 10 years in 1981..
Probably a wise business move

Old 10-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
there's a company I believe out of Canada that makes exact duplicates to the plates. A friend has them on his 360 spider and Murci. While it's not legal and all it looks damn good from 10ft and from 1000ft it's a no brainer. Sticks right on the bumper.
I saw this at Denny's Bull Session a couple years ago - might go do this for a while. Mark do you know that company that was doing it. I kinda like the license plate frame.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Horhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to all
I hear you guys, thats why I keep my car registered in Delaware... no front plate needed. I was thinking about it today, rather funny that I'm fine with no front plate but Tommy's green machine is a menace to society.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dre' 1
Hey Tommy:

I'm with you on that! ..........

Dre' 1
Congrats on the first post Dre'1. Welcome to the 6.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:59 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Horhay
I hear you guys, thats why I keep my car registered in Delaware... no front plate needed. I was thinking about it today, rather funny that I'm fine with no front plate but Tommy's green machine is a menace to society.
you've gotta watch that. it's a very large ticket if you live here and they find out you've been here for a certain amount of time. i believe you really only have like 30 days.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:11 PM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
^ been there, nailed for that. it's only a matter of time and the first thing they'll ask you for is your local phone number. then, they can tell how long you've been here

so, have the number for the residence inn marriott handy

Old 10-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Horhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to all
There must be loopholes for the military, I'm pretty sure I can renew my plates through DE.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:08 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Horhay
There must be loopholes for the military, I'm pretty sure I can renew my plates through DE.
i'd count on no loophole and change your plates faster then slower. ask brendo How Much $

Old 10-06-2009, 12:39 AM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
I had a PA plate with a PA license - and my Kirkland address on it.

that scheme lasted about 25 seconds with the officer. $500 + in fines.

one registration, a new WA license and a court appearance reduced it to $25 fine. it was a hairy few weeks though in between.

it's important to note tho, that's when everybody was getting rich - municipalities are getting poor now, so they're less eager to agree to reducing the fines.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:18 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brendo
I had a PA plate with a PA license - and my Kirkland address on it.

that scheme lasted about 25 seconds with the officer. $500 + in fines.

one registration, a new WA license and a court appearance reduced it to $25 fine. it was a hairy few weeks though in between.

it's important to note tho, that's when everybody was getting rich - municipalities are getting poor now, so they're less eager to agree to reducing the fines.
Yea, I can see in that case, but I do have my cars in other states for a while which is why one is licensed in CA, with a CA address. I certainly don't save any money on tax. My CA car has no front plate and there is nothing they can do about it really as the car will spend a chunk of its life in CA and there are no licensing benefits in terms of costs for them to use as the basis for "tax avoidance". The rules are that you're to license your cars where you anticipate them spending the most time as far as I know. It would be ridiculous for me to license a car in WA that spends the majority of its life somewhere else. It's more expensive to register a car in California, but WSP has no authority to enforce front plate rules for CA cars.

Still, with all that said, given that the WSP has switched from safety minded to predatory in focus, it wouldn't surprise me if they tried.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:39 AM
ivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to behold
here is the one that has been bugging me - read the rules for HOV lanes and you will discover that it is NOT leagal for police just to drive down the HOV lane, yet they do it everyday -

the rules clearly state that an "emergency vehicle may use the lanes when responding to an emergency" then it state that they may NOT use the HOV lanes for things like returning from an emergency - again, i see it all the time and I am keeping it as my "get out of ticket free card" - IF an officer uses the HOV lane for driving in a non-emergency mode, then any ticket is invalid - (just like evidence obtained without a proper search warrant - if the obtaining of the evidense breaks the law, then the evidense is not submissable) look it up and see if you agree ? ?

Old 10-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Island Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of light
for those of you registered out of state beware. UPS and other delivery services work with the WSP and local cops to target out of state cars. If they are deliverying to your house and see an out of state plate they report it to the cops. Bingo ticket in the mail. I moved up from CA and was waiting for those $800 plate to expire before registering the in WA. I was told my ups guy turnewd me in. I was like WTF. UPS gets special treatment for working with the WSP. All a racket.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
you've gotta watch that. it's a very large ticket if you live here and they find out you've been here for a certain amount of time. i believe you really only have like 30 days.
Upon residence in the State of Washington with in 60 days

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got a "No front plate" ticket on 405!