Got a "No front plate" ticket on 405!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 08:27 PM
MCABOSS is on a distinguished road
Tommy this is a fixit ticket - got one last year while driving in my FORD GT. I bought a license plate bracket (from moweraxle) that screws into the tow hook recepticle - took the car down to the local sheriffs office - they signed off on the ticket and no charge. I brought the FGT home and promptly took the front license plate and bracket back off. The inspecting officer was supprised that I was even issued a ticket and gave me the address to petition for a front license plate waiver (prowlers have a waiver). I sent in the waiver request but was shot down.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:54 AM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Roy, it always seems like you're in trouble with the law, so I can't say I'm shocked to hear about the SV-R ticket...

-After reading the four+ pages of the thread, I can't even begin to say how much I agree with everything said so far. It went from "protect and serve" to "pull over and cite" this summer. It's why I have the Plate-Mount grill on VS the prettier No-Plate Grill that came on the S4 (and just sits in the garage). The option existed and I run one just to not get hassled. It's not as if the plate being on the front has somehow made me a better/safer driver.

I'm waiting to get pulled over for my tint, which I know is coming soon...

Old 10-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Jeremy I don't think you have to worry about that. I'd be nervous to walk up on a man with his life partner.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:48 PM
J_Donovan is on a distinguished road
New guy on the block. Came across the message board after googling the front plate issue. Nice little community. The issue rocks. Wonder why we still have this problem. Got two at the same time earlier today. Speeding (78 MPH) and no front license plate. Guess where, lol. Interstate 405 and I think exit 18. Long trip from Olympia to get a $299 ticket. It sucks.

Originally Posted by ivangene
here is the one that has been bugging me - read the rules for HOV lanes and you will discover that it is NOT leagal for police just to drive down the HOV lane, yet they do it everyday -

the rules clearly state that an "emergency vehicle may use the lanes when responding to an emergency" then it state that they may NOT use the HOV lanes for things like returning from an emergency - again, i see it all the time and I am keeping it as my "get out of ticket free card" - IF an officer uses the HOV lane for driving in a non-emergency mode, then any ticket is invalid - (just like evidence obtained without a proper search warrant - if the obtaining of the evidense breaks the law, then the evidense is not submissable) look it up and see if you agree ? ?
I did some searching on the web about the HOV. In my previous state there was none. Well, actually you are wrong and should not be misleading other people.

WAC 468-510-010

Pursuant to RCW 46.61.165 and 47.52.025, the department has reserved portions of interstate highways, state highways, and ramps, as HOV lanes for the exclusive use of public transportation vehicles or private motor vehicles with the number of occupants specified on signs. Motor vehicles authorized to use HOV lanes are:

(1) Rubber tired municipal transit vehicles conforming to RCW 46.04.355.

(2) Buses with a carrying capacity of sixteen or more persons, including the operator.

(3) Motorcycles conforming to RCW 46.04.330.

(4) Recreational vehicles with the number of occupants specified on signs.

(5) Official marked law enforcement and fire department vehicles equipped with emergency lights and siren, operated by an on-duty state patrol, local, or county law enforcement personnel, or on-duty local, county, or special district fire department personnel.

(6) All other vehicles with the number of occupants specified on signs, except that trucks in excess of 10,000 lb. G.V.W. are prohibited from the use of HOV lanes regardless of the number of occupants. Tow trucks that would be otherwise prohibited because of weight or number of occupants may use HOV lanes when en route to an emergency on a specific roadway or roadside.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:44 AM
I guess it is not a very nice day for me. Just got an illegal tint ticket from OPD (64% was over the legal limit). Gas station beer run did not go too well.

Went over the thread again. I think the petition thing is lame. We have over 2 mil vehicles in the state. Sorry 5 thousand voices is a drop in a bucket. Legislature is the source of the RCW issue here. What can we do?

Old 10-12-2009, 06:34 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
It happened again, only this time with a different outcome. A group of us drove to Leavenworth yesterday. On the way back out of town, we made a regrouping stop at a public rest stop. I was leading the group out onto HY2 and as soon as we pulled out, we were pulled over. The WSP officer came over and said we should have front plates, he explained why, I said mounting it would have a negative value on the car if I drilled the front bumper. He asked for my driver's license, wrote down the number, but that was it. He then politely asked me if I wanted him to stop traffic so we could keep the group together and I said that would be terrific. This officer could not have been nicer. You could tell he had experience and knew what was, and wasn't, important. He spoke to each of us then blocked traffic on HY2 so we could all leave together. This guy has my respect because he was doing his job but also understood that we were not out to be jerks either.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:02 PM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
That Leavenworth run was so fun, I did it twice in one day! LOL

Old 10-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Apple Sauce will become famous soon enough
—Ha!

Old 10-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Island Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of light
I heard you found a great detour back to town. I looked back and you were gone and some local jumped in line. We followed them for a good short cut of a 1/2 mile back to the road. You missed the best run of the
day as we were all chasing the A3. Larry sure can drive.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:08 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Yea, Larry took off like a scalded cat and we had all we could do to keep up.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:57 PM
huskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to all
I just received a call from the President of client who just received a no front license plate ticket for his G35. I wonder if they are stepping up enforcement.

I've been driving w/o a front LP for 5 years - one ticket and one warning.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:52 PM
MCABOSS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by huskylawyer
I just received a call from the President of client who just received a no front license plate ticket for his G35. I wonder if they are stepping up enforcement.

I've been driving w/o a front LP for 5 years - one ticket and one warning.
Unfortunately, there are more and more daily driver beemers, pcars, corvettes and others, with no front license plate. I suspect the police have taken notice to this trend and will now come down on everyone.

Last edited by MCABOSS; 10-14-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Be careful following those pesky Skip Barber Grads!

Old 10-14-2009, 03:08 AM
Wife got a no front plate ticket on her M3 in Chehalis today. Something is definitely going on.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:46 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
It's just an easy revenue source that they are finally deciding to enforce... $150 a pop and there's very little reason to think that most people would contest it in any way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got a "No front plate" ticket on 405!