Drives planned ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:06 PM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice
Drives planned ???

I posted this before with no replys,, I think car meets are amazing but I also enjoy driving my car lots with other nice cars. I am not looking to race around or get into any high speed trouble.

Would be nice to get a group of respectful drivers together for a small road trip. Remember last year a few cars went over to Leavenwoth on back roads and it was a great time.

If anyone is up for it let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited by MJA; 07-11-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Pressman is on a distinguished road
I'd like to do something. A couple years ago took part in a great trip up to the Methow Valley for lunch at the Sun river lodge...

Old 07-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Former Vendor
MAXRPM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMAXRPM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMAXRPM1 has a spectacular aura about
Im down - just need to finish mounting up the new turbos and tune it

Old 07-14-2012, 01:24 PM
JFranklin will become famous soon enoughJFranklin will become famous soon enough
I would certainly enjoy participating.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Mookster is on a distinguished road
Hwy 20 to Winthrop?

Old 07-15-2012, 07:26 PM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice

The Old Blewett Road is a 10 mile portion of the original highway between Cle Elum and Leavenworth/Wenatchee. Opened in 1924 and paved in 1925, this road crosses Old Blewett Pass at just above 4100 feet. The highway was rerouted to its current US97 route in 1956. This little gem of a road has over 57 turns, including hairpin turns, and is a very challenging and enjoyable route. The road now consists of FR7320 and FR9715, and is maintained by the USFS.

Hwy 20 sounds good also....

Old 07-15-2012, 11:50 PM
swisss is on a distinguished road
We went down to Mount St. Helens Saturday, SR 7, US 12, down Nf25 which is bumpy in places then Nf99 up to Windy Ridge, where we went
for a hike. The views from Nf99 were great and in the early morning there
were only two other cars on the road.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Island Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of light
Always up for a drive. All good spots mentioned. St Helens is great in the late fall right before it starts snowing. Park is empty and no rangers. Did it the last 2 years in Nov. and had a blast both times. A run around the Olympic Peninsula is fun in off season too. Last one there were a few tickets issued which is never good. 63 in a 55 was weak at best for the slow speed of the day. No sure who or how much when a Sherrif got some in back of the pack. Lots of good options for drives. I run out past Yakima could be fun. Easy way one direction and the Mt Rainier the other. I know a spot out in the desert there that is wide open that you can see for miles. 3 mile straight that is perfect for a speed run. Eyes a mile outside on either end and you are good to go. Just watch out for tumble weeds if it is windy. I hit a big one in a Firehawk doing over 150 and the debris that came off looked like a hit a house. No damage but it was pucker time.

Last year shot a little vid for sound- I needed a ring tone.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:38 PM
grambo will become famous soon enoughgrambo will become famous soon enough
Old Blewett is a lot of fun, but unless they've repaved it in the last few months it will be too bumpy for most newer cars. It is [barely] maintained by the forest service, and there is often debris and fallen rock on the road in the spring.
Also, it seems to be popular with bicyclists.

If you're in that area, I would suggest instead checking out Chumstick Hwy, which runs north out of Leavenworth. It has some fun twisties, and the road surface is much nicer. Either way, watch out for cops... there seem to be quite a few up there in the summer.

The photo below is my car on old blewett on may 22 of last year:

Originally Posted by MJA
The Old Blewett Road is a 10 mile portion of the original highway between Cle Elum and Leavenworth/Wenatchee. Opened in 1924 and paved in 1925, this road crosses Old Blewett Pass at just above 4100 feet. The highway was rerouted to its current US97 route in 1956. This little gem of a road has over 57 turns, including hairpin turns, and is a very challenging and enjoyable route. The road now consists of FR7320 and FR9715, and is maintained by the USFS.

Hwy 20 sounds good also....

Attached Images  
Old 07-16-2012, 03:47 PM
I been to "most" fun roads/highways in WA during my riding days. Hwy 20 in my mind is the best, there are no bumps or potholes or anything major to worry about. From Darrington to Winthrop its like being in heaven with all the corners

A few pics:

Oh and the views

Old 07-16-2012, 05:13 PM
swisss is on a distinguished road
here's a picture from Fr99, no Cops or Rangers there, it was probably too early in the morning, 6AM

Attached Images  
Old 07-16-2012, 05:25 PM
MJA
Hwy 20 sounds like the drive we should do, How do you guys feel about it ? Also what dates work ?

Old 07-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by MJA
Hwy 20 sounds like the drive we should do, How do you guys feel about it ? Also what dates work ?
Sunday the 29th? I'd say we need to leave early(around 9:30ish) as this drive could take some time and since RTC is on a Saturday...Sunday makes sense?

Old 07-17-2012, 10:34 PM
MJA
Sounds good to me, Lets see how many people can make it. I am also open to a drive during the week if anyone else can make it.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:38 AM
johnnyamerica is on a distinguished road
Hi guys, Any traction on this thread for group drives? I used to participate in Mt. Baker drives with another car group and would love to run in a group with other porsche's now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drives planned ???