Other British Cars Jaguar, TVR, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Caterham, Noble & Range Rover

New Jaguar Sports Car: C-X16

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Plecos is on a distinguished road
New Jaguar Sports Car: C-X16

Here is the new Jaguar sports car. Suppose to compete against the Boxster, SLK, Z4, TT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uUOq...yer_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I37P9...yer_detailpage

Old 09-07-2011, 02:34 PM
AL///Mpower is on a distinguished road
that looks incredible.. i hope they put this into production, wasnt expecting anything like this from jag. stunning

Old 09-07-2011, 04:28 PM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute
in no way a successor to the XKE that they claimed in some release, more like an XKR with a body kit, which still means it's a very nice car, just not a design masterpiece.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:39 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AL///Mpower
that looks incredible.. i hope they put this into production, wasnt expecting anything like this from jag. stunning
I heard they are supposed to be available for sale late next year... We'll see. It doesn't seem like a lot of time to stray from the prototype. I suspect the production model (if it is going to be that soon) will be close to this one. Based on the edgyness of the XKR-S, this isn't too far of a stretch. It's mind-boggling gorgeous.

Originally Posted by The racerx
in no way a successor to the XKE that they claimed in some release, more like an XKR with a body kit, which still means it's a very nice car, just not a design masterpiece.
I slightly disagree. They are straying from their image as a subdued brand, introducing some serious lines that will stand out (from behind Aston Martin's shadow).

V6??? I've got hear more about this... I was halfway ready to spend $100k+ on my next purchase (either a red BE GT-R, or R8), but this car looks awesome. I'm not thrilled about the smaller displacement (I may have to wait for a higher trim - i.e. - R or something, but at least it already supposedly is looking at a supercharger).

Last edited by jaspergtr; 09-07-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:33 PM
MR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
V6??? I've got hear more about this... I was halfway ready to spend $100k+ on my next purchase (either a red BE GT-R, or R8), but this car looks awesome. I'm not thrilled about the smaller displacement (I may have to wait for a higher trim - i.e. - R or something, but at least it already supposedly is looking at a supercharger).
The GT-R is a V6 and for that matter all of the Porsche's are 6 cylinders too

Old 09-07-2011, 08:27 PM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
I was trolling the porsche forum and my son saw this and yelled, "Stop Mom! I love those curves"

Old 09-07-2011, 08:33 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MR2FAST
The GT-R is a V6 and for that matter all of the Porsche's are 6 cylinders too
Yeah, but we are talking about Jaguar here... A company with a 385HP V8.

Not the same thing.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:27 PM
I believe the production car will be called the XE. There were speculations early on that the XER might be stuff the 5.0L V8 SC with 510HP that is currently on the XKR but if they want to stay around the curb weight of around 3,000lbs mark they might have to go with a V6 SC.....although Ian Callum didn't rule out a V8. We'll see what the final engine specs will be for the XE and XER once they're announced. Jaguar better go with a DCT to compete with its class. The torque converter tranny won't cut it with the competition these days.

Hopefully the prouction car would sound as good as the spy car in this video (frame 0:45 on):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJm5K...yer_detailpage

Would be interested to see the final production car will be but at this time I'm moving away from Jaguar and hoping to move into a 991TT in 2 years.....crossing fingers.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:26 AM
Additional info....0-62mph in 4.4 sec., 380hp for the v6 sc with an additional 96hp and 176 tq from a motor behind the seats powered by regenerated braking with a boost button mounted on the steering wheel. Possible V8/V8 sc and diesel engines down the road.

Additional info here:
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/j...how-2011-09-07

Old 09-08-2011, 11:55 AM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
stunning is all i can say. i wonder if ford regrets letting them go...

Old 09-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Plecos
Additional info....0-62mph in 4.4 sec., 380hp for the v6 sc with an additional 96hp and 176 tq from a motor behind the seats powered by regenerated braking with a boost button mounted on the steering wheel. Possible V8/V8 sc and diesel engines down the road.

Additional info here:
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/j...how-2011-09-07
I saw that (on another site). I'm impressed. The only question I'm going to have is - do I wait for the possible V8 SC model? Or jump on the V6 SC, and enjoy it until that day comes.

I am knee deep into a possible R8 joining my stable, but I think that all just got put on hold.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:13 PM

Push to pass button... an extra 94HP and 173TQ.

It also comes with a "Connect and View" Function that allows either a Blackberry, Android, or iPhone to connect to the on-board display, and access basic functionality like music files, directories, make phone calls, GPS, etc...

The buttons themselves are OLED (organic LED) that light up to display certain features (such as desired seat temperature).

A mix of CF and suede lined interior...

My goodness. I think I found my next car. The only question now is - do I keep my '09 GT-R, or get a red Black Edition along with the Jaguar?

Old 10-26-2011, 01:14 PM
BLAM is on a distinguished road
Very nice! The concept is so Aston Martin Vantage like. Will be a winner if it is respectfully fast and has a good exhaust note!

Old 11-09-2011, 07:19 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Finally, a Jag front end I actually like.

Gorgeous car, but I'm not a fan of cars that look so similar to another brand. Yes, I know about Mr Callum. I just wish he'd differentiate Jaguar a bit more.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I think it's gorgeous. IMO, best looking Jag since the iconic E-type.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Jaguar Sports Car: C-X16