Other British Cars Jaguar, TVR, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Caterham, Noble & Range Rover

Searching for fast, comfortable daily driver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 09:01 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ivory8
And I don't have any info on that special edition GTR, but the gtr's have a reputation for having a stiff ride.
+1. Although the newer models have revised this, by comparison, it is still stiffer than other cars you are considering.

I'd recommend the XKR (not the S - being a little flashy).

I also second the above recommendation of the CL65 (whatever engine they are on now).

Old 02-08-2013, 07:39 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Indigo
Thanks for your advice.

I like the interior of the Jag XJ SS, seems very comfortable. I'll try to arrange a test drive soon, should I try the XJL Ultimate or just the SS though?
The XJ Ultimate would be the choice if you want one of the most exclusive Jags built. It's the SS with special paint, interior and wheels. Personally, I prefer the shorter wheelbase cars. By comparison, I have owned an S8, Alpina B7, Panamera 4S and MBZ S55 (have not owned the current S-class) and the Jag is more luxurious, faster and better looking than all of them. The Jag truly is an amazing car and I'd highly recommend one.

Good luck.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:00 AM
ale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to allale70 is a name known to all
I can give you my personal experience, after 12 months of a 2012 Audi A8L.

The car is astounding, in each aspect of it. Plenty of power, luxury and comfort like no other I have driven.

Probably one step up would be the S8, but I personally like the extended wheelbase of the A8L.

I suggest a long test drive, if possible.

Good luck!

Old 02-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Indigo is on a distinguished road
I like the CL65 AMG's interior too. Not as much as the Jag, but still.
The XKR is too sporty. Now, I'm narrowing down my search to sporty luxury cars, not luxurious sports cars.
The Rolls Ghost has an awesome interior, my concern is that it's a bit huge - not because of the long wheelbase, but the shape of the car. It looks like a boat. Is the Wraith (essentially a Ghost Coupe if I recall well) going to be less... Big?

@LRDog
I see. Indeed, the interior of the XJL Ultimate is awesome while the exterior is very elegant. I haven't had an opportunity to test drive it yet, unfortunately.
The Panamera 4S and Alpina B7 are interesting too. Care to tell me which one had the best interior and feeling?

Edit: @ale70
Yes, I prefer the A8L's interior over the S8. I'll take a look. Thanks.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:11 PM
HyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really nice
Have you considered the Cadillac CTS-V? It's a very comfortable luxury car, stylish, comes in coupe, sedan, or wagon trim, and has a 556HP supercharged engine. I may be biased as I currently own an '11 CTS-V Wagon, but I also owned the sedan before, and put those up against the M6 I used to own. I also owned a GT-R.