Other British Cars Jaguar, TVR, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Caterham, Noble & Range Rover

My 07 Jaguar XKR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 08:48 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
My 07 Jaguar XKR

Here are some new pictures of my 07 Jaguar XKR,

It has been around 6 months since I took delivery of my long awaited Black on Black Jaguar and it is a blast to drive, I've put around 3,500 km since 31st Febuary 2007.

I like how smooth the torque band in especially when the Supercharger kicks in and the sound of the supercharger just keeps the grin slapped on my face from stop light to another. It doesnt feel sporty and rough like my SLK55 because its smoother , larger seats and a relatively large cabin.

The interior is simple and advanced compared to the older XK series 97-04 and isnt very simple like the BMW 6 series dashboard. The interior refinements and quality is improved as the dashboard is leather and so are the door panels.

The forward alert feature and the alpine sound system has to be one of the best features once you get in, The subwoofer is pretty good for a stock setup and the menu is pretty easy when you get used to it. The forward alert is pretty handy whilst speeding on the motorway as it informs you the distance and alerts the driver if he or she is getting to close to the car infront.

Overall I am pretty impressed with the exterior enhancments done by Jaguars R division it looks very gorgeous and subtle yet sporty. I think the best pair of Sport GT's have to be the following cars: BMW M6, Maserati Gran Turismo, Jaguar XKR and Aston Martin DB9 sports package.

Hopefully next week its going for a propper interior detail and conditioning.

Here are some pictures I took a couple of days ago and I apologize for posting this thread in the AM section as there is no Jaguar subforum.

There will be more pics shortly, stay tuned.

Attached Images   
Old 09-03-2007, 09:41 AM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
Beautiful car! Please post more pics!

Enjoy it in good health

Old 09-03-2007, 12:07 PM
GT 350 is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear your enjoying it, I am as well. The car is deceptively fast, and I constantly get compliments.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:38 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I was stopped at the local starbucks by some britsh expats, they love the car at first they thought it was an aston martin but the grill made the difference as its more striking.

My cousin has two astons a ultimate edt vanquish s and a db9, i tried with the db9 and actually was ahead of him from a roll.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:58 PM
more pics ,of the jag

Attached Images      
Old 09-03-2007, 01:02 PM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome Mohammed! Only 3500 km? Man, I could do that in an hour. . .

Old 09-03-2007, 01:54 PM
another picture, thanks yeah it has oly 3,500 and had it slightly tinted by vkool and a 3m clear bra.

Attached Images  
Old 09-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by GT 350
Glad to hear your enjoying it, I am as well. The car is deceptively fast, and I constantly get compliments.
Thanks , I just wished it had a Black alacantra roof.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:45 PM
GT 350 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Thanks , I just wished it had a Black alacantra roof.
My thoughts EXACTLY! It should also have nicer brakes(drilled rotors and red calipers) and the antenna has to go(which they have done for '08).

Old 09-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by GT 350
My thoughts EXACTLY! It should also have nicer brakes(drilled rotors and red calipers) and the antenna has to go(which they have done for '08).
I actually like the antenna got used to it and better than the stubby antenna on the SLK, I am keeping the calipers black.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:52 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Great looking car! Congratulations

Old 09-04-2007, 08:19 AM
4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future
Such a beautiful car, glad to hear you're enjoying it!

Does the Jag feel on par with the SLK, performance wise?

Old 09-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
Such a beautiful car, glad to hear you're enjoying it!

Does the Jag feel on par with the SLK, performance wise?
I am not sure as I dont drive them on a daily basis, but since the XKR has the s/c the power delivery is very smooth.

The SLK has loads of torque throughout the gears and it seems to have the advantage of 7gears which gives it the edge over the XK, the only problem with the SLK is being sensible enough to not squeeze the accelerator pedal as some might recall the tyre choices arent that many and not wide enough to put all that torque to use.

There has been many times that it just smokes the tyres for instance a couple of days ago I gunned it at 20kmh roll and it was spinning and now that was with esp on.

Overall the advantage is for the SLK it weights 1,540kg 7gears and a large engine whilst the XKR weights approx 1,760kg and has 6 gears and a smaller engine which is a supercharged 4.2l .

Old 09-12-2007, 05:20 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Hey dear Moh...it's a blast!
I see Jaguar did a grea move with this car...definetely better looking than the previous model...not talking about the interior...
I know you've had it for 6 months now...but...Congratulations.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:22 AM
Thanks pilone.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 07 Jaguar XKR