Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pana Turbo-6 months later

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 07:57 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Pana Turbo-6 months later

Over the past 6 months, I have only taken the car to and from the grocery store or other short runs. I have read multiple threads and opinions bashing the looks of this car regularly. Over the past couple weeks, I have driven the car extensively. It is nothing short of the best 4 door car on the market. It simply eats up the road at 100-150 all in quiet interior comfort. More people go way out of their way to see and photograph this car. More than any other I have owned. At the end of this month, it will run The Texas Mile. I'm hoping for a 170 run? Any opinions? Lemme hear from some other owners and their ownership impressions. Am I crazy?

Old 02-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
you've been driving for 6 months and mine still havn't arrived LOL

Old 03-01-2010, 12:15 AM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
I agree with your statements whole heartedly and cant wait to see the mile results. 170ish seems reasonable.

I had the ultimate test of the Panamera looks today. I went to the NASCAR race and had my car parked right up against the fence where thousands of people were walking by. As i walked up to the car to leave there were two guys taking pictures and 4 people gawking while saying things like, wholly s__T that thing is bad A)), waoooa, wow!, look at that car OMG. It gets a lot of positive attention. ......And I can take people to the airport with their bags!

Old 03-01-2010, 04:01 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Crea
you've been driving for 6 months and mine still havn't arrived LOL
Actually, it's 5 months. I fudged on the 6. Either way, you are missing a great car.

I took mine to a Dallas Cars and Coffee last Saturday. It got more picture taking and gawking than any Ferrari, Lambo, or other cars. Everyone commented on how much attention the car was getting.

It's just a monster on the road. It is so deceivingly quick at start. Easily 3.4 secs to 60.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:34 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I'm right there with you. About the only people that paid any attention to my C2S were the grocery boys at Market Street. But I've had my Panamera for less than a week and have people stopping to look at it and gawking on the road all of the time.

As for the looks, I'm pretty sure you will always be able to find a group of people that find something they don't like with any design, not just cars. It will be even easier to find a group that doesn't like the design when they the competition (and thus need to justify themselves). Me? I love the design of every car in the segment: Quattroporte, S550, 750, etc. I just happen to prefer Porsches, so that's what I bought.

But what I'm most interested in here is your Texas Mile run. I assume you'll be running on different wheels than the 22s? Will be looking forward to hearing (and seeing) more.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
But what I'm most interested in here is your Texas Mile run. I assume you'll be running on different wheels than the 22s? Will be looking forward to hearing (and seeing) more.
Well crap, why did you ask it that way? I don't have any other wheels. I can borrow some from PP, but I never thought it would be an issue.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:32 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Only reasons I asked were:

1) Concern about damaging wheels. Let's face it, those are some pretty damn sharp wheels to be running at those speeds.
2) Higher unsprung weight as it affects acceleration and trying to hit top speed in 1 mile limited distance
3) Not sure if lower profile tires will negatively affect acceleration and top speed or not.

Not sure how measurable each of these items are, but they came to mind. My assumption is that you're going to have one hell of a smile when you hit the 1-mile mark. The only question is whether the wheels will affect the width of that smile

Old 03-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Only reasons I asked were:

1) Concern about damaging wheels. Let's face it, those are some pretty damn sharp wheels to be running at those speeds.
2) Higher unsprung weight as it affects acceleration and trying to hit top speed in 1 mile limited distance
3) Not sure if lower profile tires will negatively affect acceleration and top speed or not.

Not sure how measurable each of these items are, but they came to mind. My assumption is that you're going to have one hell of a smile when you hit the 1-mile mark. The only question is whether the wheels will affect the width of that smile
Well, it will be uneventful. I've gone thru at over 190 in my GT2. An automatic Pana won't be the same. I don't want to damage $9k in wheels/tires. At all. I have asked PP about the speed, and they aren't worried. With AWD, the traction is pretty good. I'm looking to borrow some tires/wheels now that you got me worried.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Well he'll, didn't mean to cause that concern, just figured you had a special setup that would make for even more conversation (outside of what a top speed run might). It could end up as one he'll of a testimonial for the wheels though!

Enjoy, I've seen some shows filmed there before.sLoops like a blast.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Well he'll, didn't mean to cause that concern, just figured you had a special setup that would make for even more conversation (outside of what a top speed run might). It could end up as one he'll of a testimonial for the wheels though!

Enjoy, I've seen some shows filmed there before.sLoops like a blast.
I was on a show too. I have used up about 10 seconds of my 15 minutes of fame.

Too late on the Pana. Can't jack that deal up.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
Actually, it's 5 months. I fudged on the 6. Either way, you are missing a great car.

I took mine to a Dallas Cars and Coffee last Saturday. It got more picture taking and gawking than any Ferrari, Lambo, or other cars. Everyone commented on how much attention the car was getting.

It's just a monster on the road. It is so deceivingly quick at start. Easily 3.4 secs to 60.
I'm hoping I can enjoy it next month

Old 03-08-2010, 07:17 AM
bb996+r1 is infamous around these parts
Its a great car!!

Old 03-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Root is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of light
Ditto!!!!!!!

Old 03-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Matthewjoon is on a distinguished road
sweeett

Old 03-15-2010, 09:33 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Op -I agree with you . I only drove a 4S but I am sure the Turbo has got to be the best large 4 door on the market . I simply don't need a big car but if I did this would be it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pana Turbo-6 months later