Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear headroom

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 04:47 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Rear headroom

for all you owners, is there alot of headroom in the rear seats? Do the seats fold flat? With the seats folded flat, is there at least 3 ft headroom in the seat area? I know, alot of dumb questions, but I hate going to the dealer to measure. Thanks!

Old 08-09-2010, 06:07 AM
JAX GT3 is on a distinguished road
Hard Work

Call your dealer and ask him to provide the specific dimensions you need.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:11 AM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
not sure about the three feet but for humans the headroom is more than sufficient for 6'4"+ adults.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:35 AM
forgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really nice
I am 6'3" and when I sit in the rear seat, I am swimming.
I have easily 3" of space between my head and the headliner. I have plenty of legroom as well with the driver's seat positioned for me.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:40 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
One of the reasons why the Pana has that "special" roofline is that Ex-CEO Wendelin insisted that his 6'4" frame fit comfortably front and rear, the only compromise Porsche made with this car and rightly so. In July the Pana was the 3rd best selling luxury car here in germany, which is an amazing achievement. And i don`t think this would have been the case if the rear seats wouldn`t provide plenty of space!

July/2010 premium segment (germany):

1. S-Class
2. New A8
3. Panamera
4. 7-series

Old 08-09-2010, 04:55 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks all!!!!!! It was just what I needed to know!

Old 08-09-2010, 05:23 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
@JenK, a short review, esp. about the rear seats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEc6ipvzr3c

Old 08-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
@JenK, a short review, esp. about the rear seats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEc6ipvzr3c
thank you! i know now about humans, so can the dogs fit with the seats folded? that's the main thing.....I am about to pull the trigger on a leftover 2010 S with most (no Burm) of the things I want. The dealer has another car with the Burm, but no sports chrono. What should I do?????

Old 08-09-2010, 06:26 PM
@JenK, here is another review, with luggage plus dog photos:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/08/my-big-fat-porsche-panamera-4s-wedding/

P.S. I would go for the Burmester (Burmester is God!). U will surely use it much more than the Sports chrono package.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:06 PM
ETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant future
I'm 6'3 an I fit in the back of a Panamera as well. I couldnt believe it but I had headroom

Old 08-09-2010, 07:22 PM
forgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really nice
With the seats folded down, most dogs would have plenty of room back there (obviously not Newfoundlands!). Go for the Burmeister!

Old 08-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Richfield is on a distinguished road
Hi JenK,

With the back seat folded down I measured for you. I got 26" towards the front were the dog would be standing if he was licking your ear while you're driving your Panamera S with Sport Chrono while listening to the BOSE stereo (a little hint about my thoughts on your other question). A little further aft (about where a rear passenger's head would be), Mr Dog has about about 29".

When the rear seats are folded down they aren't quite flat. The rear luggage area is, but the slope of the roof is cutting down dog/elf/pygmy giraffe head room pretty severely back there.

cheers,
Richfield

Old 08-10-2010, 04:30 AM
Originally Posted by Richfield
Hi JenK,

With the back seat folded down I measured for you. I got 26" towards the front were the dog would be standing if he was licking your ear while you're driving your Panamera S with Sport Chrono while listening to the BOSE stereo (a little hint about my thoughts on your other question). A little further aft (about where a rear passenger's head would be), Mr Dog has about about 29".

When the rear seats are folded down they aren't quite flat. The rear luggage area is, but the slope of the roof is cutting down dog/elf/pygmy giraffe head room pretty severely back there.

cheers,
Richfield
Thanks! I owe you one! dogs will fit! Perfect then. The non-Burm car has the SC, camera, painted rear apron, entry/drive, seat vent, 20 turbo wheels and it's GT silver, anthracite birch, etc. I think that may be the one! I haven't gone there yet to drive it because I was on the fence about the Cayenne. when it comes down to it, I really want a car that I can drive daily.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:31 AM
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
@JenK, here is another review, with luggage plus dog photos:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/08/m...ra-4s-wedding/

P.S. I would go for the Burmester (Burmester is God!). U will surely use it much more than the Sports chrono package.
Love it! I the Burm is a great option, but maybe next car or I can always hold out for a CPO PTT!!!

I am glad to know the Pan can handle a Keg!!!! My dogs are a bit larger, but it looks like they will fit nicely!
And when I get it, I will put my 2 Bernese mountain dogs in there and take some pics!

Last edited by JenK; 08-10-2010 at 04:36 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:35 AM
The Standard Audio System is not bad at all, so good choice with all the other options, esp. GT-silver, i love GT-silver!
Looking forward to the pics with the doggys.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear headroom