Sponsored by:

Panamera Hold function?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Panamera11 is on a distinguished road
Panamera Hold function?

Hello,

Can someone please explain how to use the hold function on the Panamera?

is the hold function same as the one in Audi, Bmw and Lexus?

Thanks for helping

Attached Images  

Last edited by Panamera11; 08-19-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:17 PM
JAX GT3 is on a distinguished road
Hold Response

I have a Turbo model. It appears to hold the vehicle stationary while on a hill using the brakes. Releases when the computer senses you have enough power to move forward.

My car is 'jumpy' and tends to 'surge' a little when I have been in this situation.

Definitely not smooth!! But it works.

Cheers, JohnnyB

Old 08-19-2010, 11:37 PM
MREbkng is on a distinguished road
Agree with JohnnyB, sometimes it kick into hold on a hill, sometimes it doesn't. Tends to be a little jumpy sometimes, although that might be a reflection on the pdk transmission as much as the hold function.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:16 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JAX GT3
It appears to hold the vehicle stationary while on a hill using the brakes. Releases when the computer senses you have enough power to move forward.

My car is 'jumpy' and tends to 'surge' a little when I have been in this situation.
Exactly. My driveway has the slightest uphill grade to it, but when I stop to wait for the garage door to lift, the Hold function makes sure the car doesn't roll back. The jumpy behavior is because it takes a little more gas than you would think to turn the Hold feature off.

Remember, the PDK isn't an Auto in the classic sense, but rather two manual transmissions built into one. Therefore, it will roll back when you come to a stop on an uphill gradient, the same as a manual transmission would.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:25 AM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
I wish HOLD could be disabled. It is annoying and not consistent.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:25 AM
forgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really nice
Yeah, I noticed this last week. It is interesting to remember that this is not an automatic transmission. I haven't really needed it as I have not been on a steep hill. The character of the tranny leads one to drive it like an automatic and keep the brake depressed when not moving.