Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test drove Panamera 4s few questions for owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 07:01 PM
wristtoys has a spectacular aura aboutwristtoys has a spectacular aura about
Test drove Panamera 4s few questions for owners

1- I noticed the bear bothering hum with just drivers side window open, is it me or does it bother anyone else?

2- vision while changing lanes seems difficult, something you get use to?

3- vision out the back an issue?

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback!

Old 08-23-2010, 07:22 PM
MREbkng is on a distinguished road
Can't say I notice any hum with the driver side window open, on the other hand have to admit I do not ride with the drive side window open much, tend to use sun roof more than side windows.

Proper mirror positioning is important as with any car, haven't had any issues.

Had the same concern about rear window visability when I bought the car, however it has been no issue ..........

Have thoroughly enjoyed the ride and responsiveness of the 4S > normally ride firmer suspension setting > kick into sport mode when looking to have some fun.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:38 PM
forgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really nice
Pardon my ignorance, but what is "bear bothering hum?"
I have me PS in for some minor issues and the service manager said he noticed a "hum." I attributed it to tire noise. He thinks it is the wheel bearings on the passenger side and is replacing them. I will f/u and comment if the noise I heard has abated. The visibility, IMO is not bad as the C pillars are swept way back and the side windows extend posteriorly. I have a back-up camera, which I find very helpful. It is difficult for me to comment because I have become reliant on this crutch.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:45 PM
wristtoys has a spectacular aura aboutwristtoys has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb Sorry meant to say

A bothersome hum to my ear with the driver side window open kind of like if you just had the rear window open and you feel like the pressure until you open another window.

Last edited by wristtoys; 08-23-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:33 PM
P4S2010 is on a distinguished road
I have had a 4S for several months - car is wonderful. Re - your questions:

1. Haven't noticed a hum but then again don't often drive w/passenger window open.

2. No issue changing lanes.

3. Vision out back - not an issue. However, rear-view camera is a *must*. With it parking is dream

Old 08-24-2010, 02:33 AM
03LX470 is on a distinguished road
I am told there is a hum on some 2010 models. I had it on my S. The dealer kept the car for a week. They checked all the door & window seals. Then they moved to the air inlets for the AC, etc. Bottomline: they accepted there was a hum but couldnt find/rectify it. It is not loud or anything so if you are not looking for it you will probably not notice it. Mine was the first complaint they had. I checked with them few months later and they said they have others complaining about it as well.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:26 AM
evodecal is on a distinguished road
maybe the hum is on the speakers?

Old 08-26-2010, 12:12 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I notice a hum slight hum/whistle when I get up through 75mph or so (and since that is against the law, it rarely happens ). I contribute it to passing through some sort of "harmonic zone" of airflow. But living in Dallas, I'm not sure I've put a window down since May.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:30 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
I have noticed all of those things. However, it doesn't bother me since the rest of the car is so great.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:38 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by P4S2010
I have had a 4S for several months - car is wonderful. Re - your questions:

1. Haven't noticed a hum but then again don't often drive w/passenger window open.

2. No issue changing lanes.

3. Vision out back - not an issue. However, rear-view camera is a *must*. With it parking is dream
Ditto here. Owned the car since May.