Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Programming Sport Mode as default?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 10:33 PM
kcturbo is on a distinguished road
Programming Sport Mode as default?

I asked my service advisor if they could program my PTT so that the default mode upon startup would be the Sport mode and the loud mode of the sport exhaust. I was informed that this is not possible. I pointed out that the Auto Stop/Start mode defaults to being on in the european cars and is programmed to default to off in the US spec cars, so it seems logical that other options could have the default mode changed. No go.

Has anyone else inquired about this and received a different response?

Old 12-29-2010, 08:29 AM
TheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kcturbo
I asked my service advisor if they could program my PTT so that the default mode upon startup would be the Sport mode and the loud mode of the sport exhaust. I was informed that this is not possible. I pointed out that the Auto Stop/Start mode defaults to being on in the european cars and is programmed to default to off in the US spec cars, so it seems logical that other options could have the default mode changed. No go.

With your engine cold, do you really want to be driving in sport mode on startup (A 150-200 K car )?

My start/stop defaults to whatever I set it to last. On or Off doesn't matter.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:05 AM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
I wish I could keep sport plus to default to on but no go, so far. When I bought my car the tech told me never to push the sport plus button. I laughed and told him I didn't buy a turbo to drive in comfort mode, he didn't get it.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by TheRox
With your engine cold, do you really want to be driving in sport mode on startup (A 150-200 K car )?

My start/stop defaults to whatever I set it to last. On or Off doesn't matter.
I always put my car in the sport mode as soon as I start driving. I do not drive it hard until it is warmed up however. The mode really has nothing to do with how the car is driven when cold. The sport mode also changes the the suspension stiffness. I simply do not like the car in the comfort mode and it seems logical that it could be programmed so that the sport mode is the default mode.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:41 PM
SR20dat is on a distinguished road
GMG can answer this question. Had my GT3 made full time sport mode by a vacum line mod

Old 01-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by SR20dat
GMG can answer this question. Had my GT3 made full time sport mode by a vacum line mod
I don't want the sport mode to be the only (full time) mode, I just want it to be the default mode when the car is started. I still want to be able to use sport plus as well.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:10 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
I don't want the sport mode to be the only (full time) mode, I just want it to be the default mode when the car is started. I still want to be able to use sport plus as well.
X2

I push the SPORT button as soon as the car is started too. I also push the PSE button at the same time...... You should be able to set the car up a certain way and everytime you get in and fire it up it should be set the way you want it.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:37 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by LRDog
You should be able to set the car up a certain way and everytime you get in and fire it up it should be set the way you want it.
+1

I like that way of thinking. Every time I startup my car, I go through a 'Preflight Check':

* Press 'Sport'
* Press Homelink/Garage Door button (open the door, then backup)
* Press Side Mirror buttons (after clearing the garage doors)
* Press Homelink/Garage Door button again
* if it's hot/cold, press the Heated/Vented seats
* if my wife was last to drive, I press the PASM to get back to Sport Plus setting (for some reason, this is the ONLY driving setting that remains static after removing the key)

As 'cool' as it is to have a preflight check for my car, I'd rather be able to set it the way I want (maybe tied to my key preferences) and have it always start that way.

Old 10-30-2016, 02:59 PM
thaiban is on a distinguished road
This is an old thread, but still I am also looking for answer. !!

any new comments or advise.

Old 10-30-2016, 03:51 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Old 10-31-2016, 05:07 AM
negb is on a distinguished road
Auto Stop/Start button can be reprogrammed on Panny's starting production date 2011 from certain VIN, Sport Exaust button can't be reprogrammed, that's was official Porsche dealer answer.

Somebody who lives in US should try this module on Panamera
http://t-design9.com/memory_module.html

info@T-Design9.com - owner is willing to arrange everything.