Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera Kicking Butt -Top Gear USA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 04:20 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Panamera Kicking Butt -Top Gear USA

Just watched this last night on TiVo. Really liking the US Top Gear.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...&v=se8RNPtQEvU

Old 01-29-2011, 04:41 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
This link may work better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se8RNPtQEvU

Old 01-29-2011, 05:20 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Besides being faster then the SLS and gallardo balboni it was also 3 seconds faster then the ferarri california and 5 seconds faster then the X6M.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:13 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I'm on the fence about the show itself, but I'll admit that their piece on the PTT was pretty good. You could tell that Redneck Wood really enjoyed driving it, despite stating that he wouldn't buy one.

But the fact that it made it around the track that the Gallardo is just flat IMPRESSIVE.

I haven't seen too many doubters that don't change their mind once driving one.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:46 PM
TheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
I'm on the fence about the show itself, but I'll admit that their piece on the PTT was pretty good. You could tell that Redneck Wood really enjoyed driving it, despite stating that he wouldn't buy one.

But the fact that it made it around the track that the Gallardo is just flat IMPRESSIVE.

I haven't seen too many doubters that don't change their mind once driving one.

It is so impressive, I'm still going to say its not even in the same league as a Gallardo -- there is no way a heavy family sedan should be outperforming a mid-engine sports car from the VW group.

Panamera is def an impressive machine, excellent engineering.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:45 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
IMMENSE!

But i wonder why the Superleggera with AWD and 570 HP is so much faster than the Balboni with RWD and 550 HP.
No surprise that it beat the Mercedes, they are always like Grannys around the track, but beating the Balboni is damn impressive!

Old 01-30-2011, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
IMMENSE!

But i wonder why the Superleggera with AWD and 570 HP is so much faster than the Balboni with RWD and 550 HP.
No surprise that it beat the Mercedes, they are always like Grannys around the track, but beating the Balboni is damn impressive!
Traction. It is a tight and seemingly dusty course. Of course I could beat 500hp AWD Gallardos in my M5. So I am used to sedans beating the baby bulls.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:06 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
if there were any doubters left, i think this vid should convince them all.
staggering performance!

Old 01-31-2011, 10:00 AM
twilight997 is on a distinguished road
Amazing performance but there is no way this 500HP whale being faster than a 550HP lighter and sportier car on the track! There must be something wrong with Balboni's lap time, maybe the track was wet at the time they have tested it.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:16 AM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by twilight997
Amazing performance but there is no way this 500HP whale being faster than a 550HP lighter and sportier car on the track! There must be something wrong with Balboni's lap time, maybe the track was wet at the time they have tested it.
Women lie, men lie, #'s don't lie. Porsche there is no substitute

Old 01-31-2011, 11:31 AM

Well, It also beat the SLS by a country mile, which has a 70HP advantage over the Pana. To be honest, i think only Porsche can create a 4 door car to do this and i have no doubt it performs so well.

btw, I opened a thread on the Lambo Forum and as expected the only thing left for them to argue with is the looks of the Pana.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:32 AM
KoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ophtho
Women lie, men lie, #'s don't lie. Porsche there is no substitute
Dude. It's US Top Gear. Not a reliable source of information AT ALL.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:53 AM
BOOMER7 is on a distinguished road
I love my 911 TURBO S and it's faster around the track than my Lambo but given the choice of one or the other. The GALLARDO hands down
The Lambo and Porsche 911 are both great vehicles and even though I find the Panamera not so easy on the eyes the #'s are stunning!

Old 01-31-2011, 03:13 PM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by KoalaSlim
Dude. It's US Top Gear. Not a reliable source of information AT ALL.
Dude. The track is the same configuration for all. On this particular track the 970 TT out performed the Balboni. What are you talking about? Please refer to my previous statement. "Women lie, men lie, NUMBERS DON'T LIE"

Old 01-31-2011, 03:32 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Nice try. But that episode they timed all three Lambo's including the balboni on a DRY track. The AWD lambo's performed much better then the rwd balboni. I assume this track is better for awd performance. No one is saying that these family cars will give the same driving excitement as a 2 door sports car, but it just gives a big statement that porsche has done an amazing job on this car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera Kicking Butt -Top Gear USA