Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remote start on a Panamera?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 07:09 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Ehmmmmm, I think I got you on this by a smidgeon.

Originally Posted by DogWood
wouldn't that be Hawaii ?

Old 07-23-2018, 07:48 PM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
close one

Old 07-25-2018, 08:27 AM
Paul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond repute
Audi and Porsche do not offer Autostart on their V8TT for a reason....perhaps it isn't as clear on NA V8 models but they've chosen not to offer it.

I'm not sure about Mercedes.

Its a no-no on the Panamera.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:42 AM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Thanks on the response about the remote start, strange that it is not offered on Panameras. You are right that on NA V8 in other brands it is offered. I have the 3.0TT engine on mine....I wonder if the turbos creating too much heat is the concern. I was looking for this just because I am in South Florida and the car interior during summer is steaming when you get in.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:56 PM
Ilya Rubinshteyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LGARCIA
Thanks on the response about the remote start, strange that it is not offered on Panameras. You are right that on NA V8 in other brands it is offered. I have the 3.0TT engine on mine....I wonder if the turbos creating too much heat is the concern. I was looking for this just because I am in South Florida and the car interior during summer is steaming when you get in.
the car connect has the precool option, at least on the e-hybrid and turbo e-hybrid. I’m in sfl as well and that option really helped more than once

Old 10-06-2020, 11:41 AM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
I have to look into that, I hope it was offered for the 2015 models, thanks for the heads up

Old 10-10-2020, 01:32 AM
Registered PM
Mozella is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Pheonix
Unless you have gotten into to a car when its 10 below zero you won't understand. Thank god I have heated seats and steering wheel. Don't want to damage the car thats why we are asking these questions. As far as moving to South Florida - If you can find me a job paying 600K I may consider it.

Ok so how long is it recommended to heat the car before you drive off? Usually it does warm quickly.
You claim to be making $600K and you park your car outside? ................ um............OK.

Old 10-10-2020, 01:38 AM
Registered PM
Mozella is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by marcelekusa
I live in southern most place of USA,no need for heated seats here
How are the roads there? My understanding that Hawaii’s Big Island is pretty but the roads aren't very well maintained. Plus, even though it's the "big" island, it really isn't very big and having a touring car like the Panamera seems like something of a waste, doesn't it? To me Hawaii is a nice place to visit, but not a very good place for driving.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:39 AM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
It’s ridiculous not to offer this in any car, not even a block heater!

Not sure what the Germans were thinking, but it gets Cold in a lot of the world, and I’ve had my PTT dead three times now when temp gets below -30c

changed the battery to Anti Gravity so hopefully this won’t happen again, but geez I have to sit and wait for the windows to defrost anyway...

Old 10-19-2020, 09:38 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Try to remember, this is a nearly 200k car when new. The target buyer for this car would not be leaving the car in a parking spot, but rather would be parked in an air conditioned garage.

Originally Posted by stealthn
It’s ridiculous not to offer this in any car, not even a block heater!
Not sure what the Germans were thinking, but it gets Cold in a lot of the world, and I’ve had my PTT dead three times now when temp gets below -30c
changed the battery to Anti Gravity so hopefully this won’t happen again, but geez I have to sit and wait for the windows to defrost anyway...