Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remote start on a Panamera?

Old 02-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Autotech576 is on a distinguished road
remote start on a Panamera?

Has anyone had a remote start installed on their Panamera?

Old 02-15-2011, 06:49 AM
Pheonix has a spectacular aura aboutPheonix has a spectacular aura about
I'd love to know if this would work on my Twin Turbo?

http://www.viper.com/P-4702V/Viper-5...e-Start-System

Old 02-15-2011, 07:39 AM
Clint Eastwood is on a distinguished road
pretty sure i read somewhere in the manual that it is not recommended to warm up the car at idle. so what would be the point of a remote starter then? you may cause damage to the car. just wear layers or move to south florida.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:51 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
he probably wants to be a cool dad, like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55e-uHQna0

Old 02-15-2011, 07:56 AM
Unless you have gotten into to a car when its 10 below zero you won't understand. Thank god I have heated seats and steering wheel. Don't want to damage the car thats why we are asking these questions. As far as moving to South Florida - If you can find me a job paying 600K I may consider it.

Ok so how long is it recommended to heat the car before you drive off? Usually it does warm quickly.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Autotech576 is on a distinguished road
I was looking at getting the Viper Smart Start and was just curious if anyone had it done or if it could even be done.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Pheonix
Unless you have gotten into to a car when its 10 below zero you won't understand. Thank god I have heated seats and steering wheel. Don't want to damage the car thats why we are asking these questions. As far as moving to South Florida - If you can find me a job paying 600K I may consider it.

Ok so how long is it recommended to heat the car before you drive off? Usually it does warm quickly.
page 168 of owners manual-"Do not warm up the engine when stationary. Drive off immediately. Avoid high revs and full throttle until the engine has reached operating temperature."

i have gotten into my car at 10 below at 2 in the morning leaving work in chicago. hence my recent transplant to south florida. i realize not everyone has the luxury of moving and having high paying job in the new area or no one would live in the midwest. if i find you a job paying 400K would you consider a move? what do you do?

oh, my configuration has the ventilated seats which unfortunately can only be had with heated seat option, which i wont be using.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:18 AM
I was just joking about the job. I'm a Interventional radiologist. I really have no desire to move to Florida to be honest. Its not too bad My car is garaged in the morning its is outside for the day at work. Like I said it does heat up really fast so I'm not sure its worth it.

I have all my gadets already including Cheetah GPS mirror, Valentine One Radar, Laser Interceptor Laser jamming system. I guess I've been doing it right all along I don't wait for it to heat up - I just drive off.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:43 AM
I was just joking about the job. I'm a Interventional radiologist. I really have no desire to move to Florida to be honest. Its not too bad My car is garaged in the morning its is outside for the day at work. Like I said it does heat up really fast so I'm not sure its worth it.

I have all my gadets already including Cheetah GPS mirror, Valentine One Radar, Laser Interceptor Laser jamming system. I guess I've been doing it right all along I don't wait for it to heat up - I just drive off.
i was kidding about the job thing. i just relocated here from chicago for the weather. i work in ER. And i can tell you firsthand, medicine is quite scary down here...

Old 07-17-2013, 10:17 AM
marcelekusa is on a distinguished road
I live in southern most place of USA,no need for heated seats here

Old 07-15-2018, 01:26 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Did anyone end up getting the Viper remote start? If so how do you like it?

Old 07-21-2018, 06:26 PM
orangeokie is an unknown quantity at this point
. . . I have all my gadgets already including . . . Valentine One Radar . . .
How and where are you mounting and powering your V1?

Old 07-23-2018, 08:14 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I was kidding about the job too. I am a space cadet. In the newly formed space force. Starting salary is only 950,000/year, after tax, but yeah, I do get by. At that salary I do not have ability to have a heater in my garage, so my cars are all super cold, 20 deg. F, even in summer time.
When I do look for jobs, I ask strangers to find them for me as well. Works every time.

LOL

Old 07-23-2018, 08:15 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Puerto Rico?

Originally Posted by marcelekusa
I live in southern most place of USA,no need for heated seats here

Old 07-23-2018, 09:22 AM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ciaka
Puerto Rico?
wouldn't that be Hawaii ?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: remote start on a Panamera?