Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera Seats

Old 12-12-2011, 04:18 AM
YSS
YSS is on a distinguished road
Panamera Seats

I've had a Panamera TT for a while now and i find the seats poor in comfort if you spend a few hours in the car.
By contrast, the Cayenne TT seat is amongst the best i have ever sat in.
I have tried to get an aftermarket seat from porsche or elsewhere without luck.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket seat that fits this car?

YSS

Old 12-12-2011, 06:41 AM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
There are two types of seats: Comfort or Adaptive Sport Seats, both OEM.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:49 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by YSS
I've had a Panamera TT for a while now and i find the seats poor in comfort if you spend a few hours in the car.
By contrast, the Cayenne TT seat is amongst the best i have ever sat in.
I have tried to get an aftermarket seat from porsche or elsewhere without luck.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket seat that fits this car?

YSS
Do you have adaptive sport seats or comfort seats in the Panny? Do you have a pic? I am surprised at your comment, because I have adaptive portseats and I have a very good driving position, best ever. I usually have problems with carseats.

What did the Cayenne seat look like? I believe the options should be same.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:40 PM
TheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura about
Hmm the 18 way comfort seats are the best I have ever been in...on par with Mercedes S Class...S Class maybe a little more comfier/better

Old 12-12-2011, 03:44 PM
YSS
Originally Posted by TheRox
Hmm the 18 way comfort seats are the best I have ever been in...on par with Mercedes S Class...S Class maybe a little more comfier/better
18 way seat is the BEST seat - i agree but it wont fit in a Panamera T.
its in the cayenne

Old 12-12-2011, 03:46 PM
YSS
Seat Pics

Here are the 2 seats i refer to.

the Pan T seat is poor compared to the Cayenne TT seat (18 way)

Attached Images   
Old 12-12-2011, 03:49 PM
TheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by YSS

Oh...I have the Pan 4, optioned with the 18 way seats. I didn't know the Turbo couldn't have them.

Adaptive sport seats seem like they are sportier to me, I think you'd like the 18 year comfort more...its the lumbar support that is key.

The other thing is...just be careful how you've set your lumbar curvature support. People of different height need different settings, over a long drive this can definitely affect soft tissue fatigue levels (aka. back pain) -- depending on how your lumbar support is set up.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:50 PM
YSS
Originally Posted by TheRox
Oh...I have the Pan 4, optioned with the 18 way seats. I didn't know the Turbo couldn't have them.

Adaptive sport seats seem like they are sportier to me, I think you'd like the 18 year comfort more...its the lumbar support that is key.

The other thing is...just be careful how you've set your lumbar curvature support. People of different height need different settings, over a long drive this can definitely affect soft tissue fatigue levels (aka. back pain) -- depending on how your lumbar support is set up.
can you PLEASE post a pic of your seats

Old 12-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by YSS

Old 12-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by YSS
can you PLEASE post a pic of your seats
Oops, I meant to say 14-way seats.

I have the 14-way seats, and they're amazing.

I don't have a picture -- but on the Porsche website they're the upgrade to the standard seats on the Pan 4. They add lumbar, a front extension.

the 18 way are adaptive seats, I don't know what they are.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:25 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
I have the 18-way adaptive sport seats and they are one of the best seats I have sat in.

It seems the seats in the Cayenne are different, but those are also Cayenne adaptive sport seats 18-way. They look wider. Adaptive sport seats in the Panamera is what you are looking for, I dont know if you can retrofit them.

Here is Porsches selection the different Panamera seats:

The front seats with integrated headrests offer a high degree of comfort. During cornering, they hold your body firm but without restricting your freedom of movement.
Seat adjustment is fully electric as standard with controls on both the driver and front passenger sides for seat height, cushion and backrest angle, and fore/aft position.
A driver memory package, available as an option, enables the driver’s seat and exterior mirror positions to be saved and restored automatically.
In the Panamera Turbo models, the front seats offer even more functionality. The 14-way power seats with memory package for driver and front passenger are standard (optional for all other Panamera models). In addition to featuring an electric steering column adjustment facility, the package includes electric four-way lumbar support, electric seat cushion length adjustment and personal memory settings for seat, steering wheel and mirror positions. The courtesy lights (LEDs in the exterior mirrors) are a component of the driver memory package and 14-way power seats with memory package.
ISOFIX child seat mounting points are available as an option for the front passenger seat in conjunction with the deactivation function for the passenger airbag.

Do you wish to take sporty driving to an even higher level? That is precisely what the adaptive sport seats were designed for. Available as an option for all Panamera models, they have firmer upholstery and provide even better lateral support thanks to the raised side bolsters on the seat cushion and backrest.
Featuring 18-way electric adjustment, the seats can be optimally adapted to meet your needs in terms of seat height, cushion and backrest angle, cushion length, fore/aft adjustment and 4-way lumbar support. The steering column is also electrically adjustable.
In addition, the side bolsters on the seat cushion and backrest are independently adjustable for added comfort on long distances or precision lateral support on winding roads. Also included is the personal memory for the driver and front passenger seats (including lumbar support), the steering wheel and the driver’s exterior mirror.

Hear is a video telling about different seats, click on accessories -> seats -> click on the video:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/pa...l/?gtabindex=4

Adaptive sport seats:

Comfort seats:

Link to Cayenne info and similar video:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/ca...l/?gtabindex=4

The seats in the Cayenne models are practical, comfortable and sporty, just like the rest of the interior. All seat variants come with 2-way head restraints and storage pockets on the front seat backrests.
Offering excellent long-distance comfort and intuitive operation, the comfort seats feature 8-way electric adjustment including fore/aft, height, squab length and squab/backrest angle settings.

Extremely useful in the case of frequent driver changes, the driver memory package enables the driver’s seat, exterior mirror positions and courtesy lighting preferences to be saved and restored automatically.
Optional for the Cayenne, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne S and Cayenne S Hybrid.

In addition to 8-way electric adjustment, these comfort seats feature a comfort memory package offering adjustment of the lumbar supports, squab length and steering column. It also stores individual seat settings including lumbar supports for both driver and front passenger as well as steering wheel and exterior mirror preferences.
No-cost option on the Cayenne Turbo. Optional for all other Cayenne models.

Taking comfort and sports performance to a whole new level, the adaptive sports seats with comfort memory package feature higher, more contoured side bolsters. Thanks to 18-way electric adjustment, the seats can be adapted to suit your individual requirements in terms of seat height, squab and backrest angle, squab length, fore/aft adjustment and 4-way lumbar support. The steering column is also electrically adjustable. In addition, the package stores seat settings including lumbar supports for both driver and front passenger as well as steering wheel and exterior mirror preferences.
Standard on the Cayenne Turbo. Optional for all other Cayenne models.

Last edited by kip; 12-12-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Ahh that probably explains it.

Your Turbo's adaptive seats are firmer...for a track like setup...or approaching track style seats.

Probably not the most optimal seats for long distance cruising (I'm assuming here). I find the 14 way seats to be as firm as need be, I wouldn't want them any firmer.

Therein may lie the issue.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:02 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
14 way are the best - sat 11 hours straight in them - perfect!!

Old 12-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Taylormade2 is just really niceTaylormade2 is just really niceTaylormade2 is just really niceTaylormade2 is just really nice
Test drove a car with the basic 8 way seats. My back hurt before finishing the test drive. My car has the 14 way seats and I love them.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:14 PM
hummerchine is on a distinguished road
You guys are making me envious, I merely have the 8 way seats...

I will say though that I personally find them to be very comfortable, so I can't imagine how awesome the 14 way must be! I've got severe spondylolisthesis in my lower spine, it sticks out at L4-L5 and made a permanent dent in my last car's seat (2004 Maxima). My Panamera 4S seats are firmer and feel great for my back; drove down to Oregon from central WA late Octomber for a rock climbing trip...6 hour drive...did great!

Oh, have I mentioned how much I LOVE this car?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera Seats