Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTT or Bentley Supersports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
If no one ever paid over invoice for a panamera (turbo) how would the dealer make any money?? Lol. U mean over msrp?

Old 02-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
Does anyone know the "holdback" Porsche has on their cars? I know invoice or think at least is roughly 10%

Old 02-22-2012, 03:30 PM
kcturbo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
He is talking about invoice not MSRP. Invoice is usually 10% below MSRP and so when he says he is paying 3k above invoice, that is about a $10k to $12k discount off sticker.
Okay, I feel like an idiot. He clearly stated invoice and I read it as sticker. Oh dopey me!

Old 02-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Car Msrp is like 165k took it down to 151k plus state tax = 160K

Old 02-22-2012, 11:45 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Good discussion....I was contemplating between a Bentley and Panamera as well

Old 02-23-2012, 08:47 AM
versailles is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Bently: better service, less depreciation.
The Bentley is already almost half of what they sold for new. Service is equal, having owned both. What's the point of this thread? Coming on a forum as a new member and asking for advise on which 200k+ car to buy. Go drive both and buy the one you like, problem solved.

Last edited by versailles; 02-23-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Isn't that one of the purposes of web forums to get input impressions of others that share a passion for driving and such? Kind of a bull**** reply, no?
Either way thanks to those that do chime in.
Drove just the 650i today and was completely impressed. Can only imagine the M
ANOTHER TO THROW IN THE MIX NOW LOL

Old 02-23-2012, 03:23 PM
versailles is an unknown quantity at this point
Rather than get in to details with you, I will leave you to troll as you wish. Good luck with your search.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Troll? I have had a ton of respect for this forum especially when I was under a diff name back in 2003 getting info b4 my 996tt purchase
So many cars to consider at the 215 and under range
I respect the positive hands on opinions and input from the members here

Old 02-24-2012, 07:11 AM
mburnstein is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jeff Kay
Troll? I have had a ton of respect for this forum especially when I was under a diff name back in 2003 getting info b4 my 996tt purchase
So many cars to consider at the 215 and under range
I respect the positive hands on opinions and input from the members here
Well said Jeff!

Old 04-25-2014, 07:43 AM
mburnstein is on a distinguished road
I was agreeing with you Jeff, not mocking you.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:48 AM
EliahP is on a distinguished road
I did Geneva - Milan in a friends SS. Our friends were driving a PTT and a LP560.

The Panamera seemed to be the fastest out of all 3. I raced the SS while driving the LP560 and we were neck to neck until 293km/h. I did not expect the heavy SS to keep up with the Lamborghini but it did.

Around town the SS felt like a boat while the Panny felt like a big sedan which was convenient in Milans narrow streets. I would go for the PTT.