Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my GTS VIN

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 12:33 PM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
Just got my GTS VIN

Pretty excited - looks like car should be here by the end of March. First GTS for the dealer. Still haven't figured out how to track the delivery.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:50 PM
Root is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of light
If your salesperson will give you access to the PCNA dealer website you can see where the car is from production to dealer delivery.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:36 PM
fergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nice
Excellent! You must be psyched! My dealer tells me that he can track build and delivery info only as he gets updates from PCNA, which are not very frequent.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:06 PM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by fergie
Excellent! You must be psyched! My dealer tells me that he can track build and delivery info only as he gets updates from PCNA, which are not very frequent.
Yep, I got the same story. With BMW you can track the car at pretty much every stage...

Old 02-28-2012, 04:51 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
The wait is the hard part, but running in the engine is the hardest part...
Its nice you will get it for the summer.

Last edited by kip; 02-29-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:11 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
um...I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!! and way jealous at the same time cause I can't get mine for at least 6 months. You know to post pics as soon as you get it!!!!!

Old 02-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by JenK
um...I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!! and way jealous at the same time cause I can't get mine for at least 6 months. You know to post pics as soon as you get it!!!!!
Absolutely - will just have to wait for the 6 coats of Zaino to set...

Old 02-28-2012, 08:39 PM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
congrats!!

Old 02-28-2012, 10:52 PM
supercup is on a distinguished road
Now that Vin is issued dealer can track when it leaves Porsche, when it ships and what boat it will ship on. You should then be able to track the ship to port on the shipping website (do a search on Rennlist and you should be able to find out how, I don't recall). Once in port dealer can tell you when it is released from port and is shipped to dealer and estimate the day of arrival.

When I got my 2007 RS my dealer (NB Porsche in S . Calif) tracked the car all the way. I was able to see the progress of the ship. They told me when it cleared port and was on a truck and it showed up the next day at the dealer, as promised.

So the information is there, you just need to find someone knowledgeable to get it for you.

Good luck and enjoy the wait - it will be over soon and you will be smiling ear to ear. I will have to call on the VIN for my GTS, which was to complete production on 2/28 - so yesterday and see where it is. If I find the steps from NB I will post up here in the next few days.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:15 AM
Originally Posted by supercup
Now that Vin is issued dealer can track when it leaves Porsche, when it ships and what boat it will ship on. You should then be able to track the ship to port on the shipping website (do a search on Rennlist and you should be able to find out how, I don't recall). Once in port dealer can tell you when it is released from port and is shipped to dealer and estimate the day of arrival.

When I got my 2007 RS my dealer (NB Porsche in S . Calif) tracked the car all the way. I was able to see the progress of the ship. They told me when it cleared port and was on a truck and it showed up the next day at the dealer, as promised.

So the information is there, you just need to find someone knowledgeable to get it for you.

Good luck and enjoy the wait - it will be over soon and you will be smiling ear to ear. I will have to call on the VIN for my GTS, which was to complete production on 2/28 - so yesterday and see where it is. If I find the steps from NB I will post up here in the next few days.
My car was completed the same day, so I'm sure it will be on the same ship. I'll do some research and we'll share notes. There should be some way to track the car for sure.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:41 AM
fergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nice
Originally Posted by supercup

When I got my P4S, the information flow from PCNA to the dealer regarding shipment, port arrival/departure and delivery to dealer dates was much greater once the car left Porsche. It was the info flow during the production process that was minimal.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by umwolverine
Absolutely - will just have to wait for the 6 coats of Zaino to set...
I haven't tried Zaino but have used Ultima and love it. Have you tried Ultima, and if so how does it compare? Sounds like they're similar products.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Is the car a 2013? I heard they were. Will Porsche release the vehicle right away or is there a hold until a specific date the 2013's. Dealer near me said they have a GTS on a boat (or very shortly) but not sure when they can release as it's a 2013. I could be getting bad info but thought I would ask.

Regardless, congrats!! Pics are a must when you have them.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Michael_s
Is the car a 2013? I heard they were. Will Porsche release the vehicle right away or is there a hold until a specific date the 2013's. Dealer near me said they have a GTS on a boat (or very shortly) but not sure when they can release as it's a 2013. I could be getting bad info but thought I would ask.

Regardless, congrats!! Pics are a must when you have them.
Yes it's a 2013, and they can't release it until 3/1. There is another board member who should be picking his up any day. They were holding it until 3/1 because porsche wouldn't let them release the car until then.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by umwolverine
Yes it's a 2013, and they can't release it until 3/1. There is another board member who should be picking his up any day. They were holding it until 3/1 because porsche wouldn't let them release the car until then.
Thanks. Amazing to have a 2013 in March of 2012. Enjoy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got my GTS VIN