Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Oil to the Panamera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 02:28 PM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
Adding Oil to the Panamera

FYI - my oil light indicator came on stating that I was at minimum oil operating level, showing all bars in normal range empty. I added one half of a quart and drove it around until it registered (because my service rep advised to add half a quart at a time). When it registered, all bars were full.

Just MHO, but don't just dump a quart in it when it says low like you would do with most vehicles. Apparently the gauge has a very narrow tolerance window.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:37 AM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
good info!! Yep the oil sensor had a very narrow window from full to min op level, do half quart at a time.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:10 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
One segment of the display corresponds to a top-up quantity of approx. 0.26 US quarts. (0.25 liters).

Old 11-01-2018, 09:38 AM
negb is on a distinguished road
I have a question: has anybody noticed when oil level is showing all segments (full) and after opening and closing hood and driving those minimum 10km when indication comes back
it shows already minimum level ? Actually I was thinking why after driving more then 2000km oil level wasn't dropping and then I had to add windows washing liquid and that's how I noticed this ''phenomena'' and later confirmed one more time..
Now thinking is ultrasonic level sensor bad or there is some kind reset with opening/closing hood which doesn't make any sense to me.....

Originally Posted by wwilliams88
Oil level measurement is electronic. A measurement can be made with just the ignition on, with the engine running and stationary, or while driving. Measurement is made using an ultrasonic level sensor which measures the thickness of the oil level in the pan by bouncing sound waves off of the oil/air interface at the top of the reservoir and computing the time-of-flight.
Dry Sump lubrication system with the oil reservoir in the engine for space savings.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:47 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I have a thread on this discussing adding oil.

Old 11-02-2018, 01:49 AM
negb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ciaka
I have a thread on this discussing adding oil.
I didn't find anything on this forum about immediate oil level indication drop after opening and closing hood...
\would be possible to get a link to that thread ?

Old 11-02-2018, 09:43 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Adding oil to Panamera, oil level, etc, discussed in this thread. Not started by me, but i chimed in few times.
Clickie

Originally Posted by negb
I didn't find anything on this forum about immediate oil level indication drop after opening and closing hood...
\would be possible to get a link to that thread ?

Old 10-20-2020, 05:09 PM
1BD944T is an unknown quantity at this point
Question...I have 2011 Panamera 4s and nothing happens when I open and close hood after topping off... never recalculates... anybody else have this issue.. I tried after driving the car...After sitting overnight.. Nothing....just shows the old measurement

Old 10-20-2020, 06:04 PM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
how far did you drive?

Old 10-20-2020, 10:52 PM
After you fill up, the oil recalculation takes 12 miles. During that time it will tell you you cannot check oil and you have not driven long enough.
Dog asked good question, how long did you drive after topping up? and how much did you put in, and what was the level before you added oil?

Originally Posted by 1BD944T
Question...I have 2011 Panamera 4s and nothing happens when I open and close hood after topping off... never recalculates... anybody else have this issue.. I tried after driving the car...After sitting overnight.. Nothing....just shows the old measurement