Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passport 9500ci

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 12:18 PM
k2man is on a distinguished road
Passport 9500ci

I installed a Passport 9500ci in my PGTS and it looks great. For those of you looking to put in radar or change your existing radar setup, I highly recommend Scott over at radar-mirror.com.

My dealer did the install and Scott supplied the Panamera OEM mirror with an integrated display. I would recommend getting the red display vs the stock blue display, because it is brighter. The upper left hand corner location of the display in the mirror is set so that the the roof of the cabin serves as a background when the display is on. I would take a pic in the sunlight but the LED "scrolls" and wrecks the picture...but believe me, you can see it.

I was also able to retain 100% functionality in my mirror.

There are no problems seeing the display during the day even with a cream colored interior. If you are looking for a mirror display, beware of poor imitations. My dealer initially pursued an alternative route with the mirror display, but they quickly rectified the situation when they saw the initial result.

Pics are attached.....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1285.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	223328   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1281.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	223329  
Old 03-22-2013, 01:26 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
getting ready to do the same thing

did you consider the control unit being placed in the ashtray?

Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2013, 05:59 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
I placed both the control unit and display in the ashtray as that compartment is pretty much useless. Looks cleaner as well. Did not want to intergrate onto my rear view mirror as I do not need to see it every minute or so.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:01 AM
k2man is on a distinguished road
I did not consider the ashtray when I did this, but think its a good idea. For me, the less wires the better. ...makes for a much cleaner look.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:23 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tonyep
I placed both the control unit and display in the ashtray as that compartment is pretty much useless. Looks cleaner as well. Did not want to intergrate onto my rear view mirror as I do not need to see it every minute or so.
mind posting a pic of that?

didnt think of the display down there

thanks

tom

Old 03-26-2013, 02:46 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by tom kerr
mind posting a pic of that?

didnt think of the display down there

thanks

tom
Here you go. Pardon the dog bite on the cover, my dog decided it was her toy. Getting it swap to carbon fibre this week!

On the other hand, I can still close it perfectly fine with the display in there. Downside, I lost a cigarette lighter/12v port but there's plenty around the car so it's not a problem. The power button is rerouted, right below the control unit, hidden under the leather. Can't be seen from the picture.

Attached Images  
Old 03-26-2013, 07:12 PM
pjjameso is on a distinguished road
Beautiful installation.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by tonyep
Here you go. Pardon the dog bite on the cover, my dog decided it was her toy. Getting it swap to carbon fibre this week!

On the other hand, I can still close it perfectly fine with the display in there. Downside, I lost a cigarette lighter/12v port but there's plenty around the car so it's not a problem. The power button is rerouted, right below the control unit, hidden under the leather. Can't be seen from the picture.

very nice!!!

thanks

Old 08-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Here's a photo of a Panamera with the rear diffuser integrated to the license plate frame:

Attached Images  

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 08-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by k2man
I installed a Passport 9500ci in my PGTS and it looks great. For those of you looking to put in radar or change your existing radar setup, I highly recommend Scott over at radar-mirror.com.

My dealer did the install and Scott supplied the Panamera OEM mirror with an integrated display. I would recommend getting the red display vs the stock blue display, because it is brighter. The upper left hand corner location of the display in the mirror is set so that the the roof of the cabin serves as a background when the display is on. I would take a pic in the sunlight but the LED "scrolls" and wrecks the picture...but believe me, you can see it.

I was also able to retain 100% functionality in my mirror.

There are no problems seeing the display during the day even with a cream colored interior. If you are looking for a mirror display, beware of poor imitations. My dealer initially pursued an alternative route with the mirror display, but they quickly rectified the situation when they saw the initial result.

Pics are attached.....
got mine just like yours!! great advice thanks!!

Attached Images  
Old 08-18-2013, 10:01 AM
blacksheep337 is on a distinguished road
Mirror Display with the controller in the ashtray

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0801.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	272017   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0802.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	272018  
Old 08-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by blacksheep337
Mirror Display with the controller in the ashtray
Same eerie as mine an great set up IMHO