Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aux BT and iPhone

Old 05-17-2013, 06:35 PM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Aux BT and iPhone

Ok..hopefully my last quirk of the car. The bluetooth "Phone" function works perfectly. However, the Bluetooth "Audio" function will not work (or works very sporadically). Even though there is perfect BT signal on the PCM, the AUX BT button will not come up, and I therefore cannot stream music. Obviously, I can still plsu the phone into the USB port (and it works great), but the streaming part was easy.

Dealer saying its a common iphone glitch, and not sure how to address. Anyone having similiar issue?

Cole

Old 05-17-2013, 06:58 PM
yamanote is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cole328
Ok..hopefully my last quirk of the car. The bluetooth "Phone" function works perfectly. However, the Bluetooth "Audio" function will not work (or works very sporadically). Even though there is perfect BT signal on the PCM, the AUX BT button will not come up, and I therefore cannot stream music. Obviously, I can still plsu the phone into the USB port (and it works great), but the streaming part was easy.

Dealer saying its a common iphone glitch, and not sure how to address. Anyone having similiar issue?

Cole
Select AUX then push the OPTION button, and make sure BT AUX is on. Then set the memory so it doesn't turn off again next time you start the vehicle.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:08 PM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks man...read the manual several times and already tried that (and all else). The AUx BT "Blue icon" won;t even show up. It originally worked just fine...then started working sporadically...now does not show up at all. Yet, the phone works 100% fine on bluetooth mode...weird oh well, I may just plug it into the USB not as convenient, for sure, but sounds better, and also won't crater my battery like the BT function does when streaming

Old 05-17-2013, 07:15 PM
yamanote is on a distinguished road
Thanks man...read the manual several times and already tried that (and all else). The AUx BT "Blue icon" won;t even show up. It originally worked just fine...then started working sporadically...now does not show up at all. Yet, the phone works 100% fine on bluetooth mode...weird oh well, I may just plug it into the USB not as convenient, for sure, but sounds better, and also won't crater my battery like the BT function does when streaming
Have you tried deleting the phone then pairing it directly through Bluetooth Audio rather than Phone?

Old 05-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Yes...to no avail.....thanks for the feedback tho...its frustrating.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:55 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
I've connected multiple iPhones to my PTT and all have no problem with AUXBT. It takes less than 5 second for the AUXBT to be available once the bluetooth is connected. Try renaming your iPhone after you delete it. If it doesn't work, reformat the iPhone.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:47 PM
toughluck is on a distinguished road
As others have said, try repairing your iPhone, disabling and re-enabling bluetooth, even shut-off and turn on. Once you successfully pair to the Panamera, you should be good to go. I stream using my iPhone 5 everyday for the past year without issue.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Thanks...what is meant by "repairing" my iphone? Its working fine apparently, as it bluetooths the phone flawlessly. I guess I 'll try deleting the iphone entirely from car, and then repairing with different name next. It has to be a minor bug, as it worked fine for the first three weeks or so, then intermittently today, worked just fine the moment I entered the car just weird "porsche" ghost....other than this, car is just phreaking awesome...so, I'll live with it.

Parked at the mall tonight, and walking toward store, just had to look back....I think this car is just raw..love it

Old 05-20-2013, 09:24 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks...what is meant by "repairing" my iphone? Its working fine apparently, as it bluetooths the phone flawlessly. I guess I 'll try deleting the iphone entirely from car, and then repairing with different name next. It has to be a minor bug, as it worked fine for the first three weeks or so, then intermittently today, worked just fine the moment I entered the car just weird "porsche" ghost....other than this, car is just phreaking awesome...so, I'll live with it.

Parked at the mall tonight, and walking toward store, just had to look back....I think this car is just raw..love it
Re-pairing. Missed a hyphen there.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:13 AM
oswiff is on a distinguished road
Hey Cole

Just wanted to check to see if you were able to find a fix to this issue. My GTS had the same problem for the first time yesterday. Neither my iPhone 5 nor my wife's would play music via Bluetooth but phone worked fine.

First time experiencing this problem.

Thanks

Old 07-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Hey there... I deleted the phone and then reduced, and has been fine since. U try that? Mine is a 4s

Old 07-13-2013, 08:56 PM
Hey there... I deleted the phone and then reduced, and has been fine since. U try that? Mine is a 4s
Yes. Tried that a few times on both phones. Still wont work. I'll try again tomorrow. Really strange as it worked fine up until yesterday.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:52 AM
I also had to do it a few times for some reason...weird quirk mine now works 98% of the time, but once in awhile, I get in and the AUX BT is not there oh well between a quirky Porsche, and a quirky Iphone, this is a match made in heaven ha

Old 07-15-2013, 09:30 AM
donfenn is on a distinguished road
I have been having this same problem on my '13 Panamera...I had an '11 which required a USB connection and I thought this update would be a nice thing, but it has not proven itself to be reliable. It is very sporadic... Quite frustrating.

I am going to try getting it connected and using the memory setting, as one poster mentioned earlier in the thread.. I recall that the memory setting on my previous '11 Panamera would lock in the audio preferences upon start up, so maybe this will work by setting the blue tooth connection preference.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:57 AM
So what ended up solving my problem was hitting forget device on my iPhone instead of deleting on the PCM.

When I deleted the phone from PCM it wouldn't work. But the first time I hit "forget device" on the iPhone and re-paired it, no issues.

Worked on both my phone and my wife's iPhone

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aux BT and iPhone