Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! Front GTS bumper conversion problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Gtieri is on a distinguished road
HELP!!! Front GTS bumper conversion problem

I got the GTS front bumper, had it painted and ready to install.
The shop removed my 2011 S bumper and when the went to install the front turn signal lights, they do not fit.
Now I'm being told I have to get the GTS led turn signal lights with led modules.
Talked to Porsche dealer and they said by doing this the car will throw error codes and they do not have a fix for it.
I know others have done this. What have you done about the turn signal lights.
My car is now apart in the shop waiting for a solution.
Please help! Anyone.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:21 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
You should have went with the Sport Design front bumper instead of the GTS bumper. The only different is the DRL/turn signal and much less of a hassle. They will throw and error code in a direct swap. You have to install a load resistor to prevent the error codes.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3934662

Old 10-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Is that the same as the led module?

Old 10-09-2013, 05:40 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Gtieri
Is that the same as the led module?
The wiring should be the same. Turbo models do not use the LED module as DRLs

Old 10-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Thank you for the replies. However, I'm a real dummy. DRLs are the lights in the front of the bumper below the headlights? And, ECS tuning said I needed the LED module for each light, is this the same as a load resistor?
I'm just getting several stories from different places and I have no idea what I'm doing and am very confused. Plus, now my car is in pieces and have to rent a car now.
On a positive note and something that went right. The Vorsteiner rear spoiler they installed for me came out awesome.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Gtieri
Thank you for the replies. However, I'm a real dummy. DRLs are the lights in the front of the bumper below the headlights? And, ECS tuning said I needed the LED module for each light, is this the same as a load resistor?
I'm just getting several stories from different places and I have no idea what I'm doing and am very confused. Plus, now my car is in pieces and have to rent a car now.
On a positive note and something that went right. The Vorsteiner rear spoiler they installed for me came out awesome.
LED modules are for the DRLs/parking light, different from load resistor. You applied the load resistor to the wiring. You need to purchase the LEDs as the one on the GTS/Turbo bumper are different from the base/S.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:04 PM
So just to get it right, I need the GTS DRLs, the LED modules and then I put the load resistors on the wires to the lights and all will work correctly with no error codes.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:07 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
LED lights consume much less power than conventional incandescent or halogen lights. Therefore the resistance of LED lights is very high, you car will think there is an open circuit and give out a bulb failure error code. By adding an resistor module you are trying to fool the car by creating the same resistance as conventional bulbs and therefore, no error code. That also means the LED lights, together with the resistor module, consume the same amount of power as conventional lights. All the extra energy transfer to heat generated by the resistors. A lot of so called 'error free' LED bulbs have resistors built-in, and many of them fail over time due to overheating from the resistors. Using a separate resistor module seems to have solved the problem.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by TGED
LED lights consume much less power than conventional incandescent or halogen lights. Therefore the resistance of LED lights is very high, you car will think there is an open circuit and give out a bulb failure error code. By adding an resistor module you are trying to fool the car by creating the same resistance as conventional bulbs and therefore, no error code. That also means the LED lights, together with the resistor module, consume the same amount of power as conventional lights. All the extra energy transfer to heat generated by the resistors. A lot of so called 'error free' LED bulbs have resistors built-in, and many of them fail over time due to overheating from the resistors. Using a separate resistor module seems to have solved the problem.
Thank you for the info.
Do you think I need the LED module AND a load resistor or just the load resistor.
Also. What watt load resistor should I use.
Thank you again for the info

Old 10-11-2013, 04:51 AM
TGED is on a distinguished road
I think you they say LED modules they probably mean resistor modules. Resistor modules simply have resistors built-in. They should be specific to the particular LED cluster you are using. The shop that is doing your modification should be able to provide more info.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:34 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
sorry to hear that, this is the sport design on my turbo S for reference...

Attached Images   
Old 11-03-2013, 01:09 AM
carbonpanamera is on a distinguished road
I have compared the photos of the GTS bumper and Sport design kit (non turbo version). They have the same shape, I assumed that you wanna use your stock non turbo DRL on the GTS bumper, right?. In order to do so, I think you just need to order the 2 plastic grills of the sport design kit (non turbo version) and they should fit your stock DRL. Unless you wanna use the side grills like what come with the GTS bumper than you have to buy the Turbo DRL.
Here are the photo for reference, you will see the plastic side grills are different between turbo and non turbo.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	x5e4.jpg
Views:	2596
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	295973   Click image for larger version

Name:	oszo.jpg
Views:	2295
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	295974  
Old 03-19-2014, 02:55 AM
agent-s is on a distinguished road
I want to do the same to my Panamera 4.

Is the GTS bumper exact the same concerning mounting Points etc. as the Aerokit bumper?

I can get a cheap GTS bumper but don´t know if it will fit.

What i´m thinking of that i will Need is:

)GTS Bumper
) the middle air intake without Radar
)the two side air intake from the aerokit package so that i can reuse my headlight (DRL)

Do i Need something else or is it not possible to fit the original gts bumper?

Has anyone does this before?

Thank you!

Stephan

Old 10-23-2017, 03:20 PM
drviperdds is on a distinguished road
Sorry for bumping up this old thread. I've recently converted my 2013 Pan S front bumper for the GTS oem bumper with the GTS front parking/turn signal light bar as well. The problem is that eventhough the stock connector that goes into the light bar fits but the wires are not lining up correctly. Thus, neither light bar works and I'm getting error codes in the dash each time I put on the turn signals. I would need to get the appropriate connectors and make an adapter to each light. My question is that does anyone have the part numbers to these connectors so I can source them?
I was also contemplating dissembling the actual stock connector and repositioning the wires so they line up correctly. I don't know if this is even possible.
Thanks in advance.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:37 AM
Registered PM
Peter Nguyen is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you find solution?

Hello. I just did this bumper conversion myself and I’m having trouble with my turn signals too. The original plug fits but the no power to the lights. Did you resolve this and if so, how?

thanks.