Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

GTS/Turbo Bumper Swap + Working DRLs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 01:24 PM
hagel is on a distinguished road
Had the conversion done on my Diesel last week, and picked it up on Sunday. Very happy with it... was able to get the DRL wired in to work as well (no codes / faults and can control them via the PMS). I'll try and snap a few more pics this weekend.

Attached Images  
Old 09-10-2013, 03:54 PM
snp_cayenne is a jewel in the roughsnp_cayenne is a jewel in the roughsnp_cayenne is a jewel in the roughsnp_cayenne is a jewel in the rough
Here is the schematic on the how I did the DRL conversion. I made it into a harness adapter so I didn't have to splice into the OEM wires.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
cayenne_s_to_gts_drl.pdf (32.3 KB, 816 views)
Old 09-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Ylincooper is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by snp_cayenne
Here is the schematic on the how I did the DRL conversion. I made it into a harness adapter so I didn't have to splice into the OEM wires.
Cool! Thank you!

Kind of off topic but would you know how to change the stock halogen bulb/ headlight to a xenon bulb/HID?

Old 09-11-2013, 09:22 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Looks great guys!

Old 09-12-2013, 09:24 AM
hkb5variant has a spectacular aura abouthkb5variant has a spectacular aura abouthkb5variant has a spectacular aura about
Great job

Old 09-18-2013, 08:26 PM
hjp918 is on a distinguished road
Can you please take few more pictures and show us step by step please? Very appreciate!!!

Old 09-20-2013, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by hagel
Had the conversion done on my Diesel last week, and picked it up on Sunday. Very happy with it... was able to get the DRL wired in to work as well (no codes / faults and can control them via the PMS). I'll try and snap a few more pics this weekend.

Great to hear! Would you be able to provide us with the contact for your installer? Specifically whoever did your DRL...

Old 09-20-2013, 05:23 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
WoW Looks great!!!!!

Old 10-04-2013, 03:00 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Anyone have the actual parts list for what is required? Insurance is going to have to pay for a lot of work to be done (construction sprayed something all over me as I drove by and it's eaten into the clear coat and ruined all the plastic bits it hit) and I'm wondering if it might be worthwhile to get my body guy to just replace the bumper rather than refinish mine. I have a source that can get stuff cheap (he can beat SC and ECS), but I need to know all the P/Ns.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:40 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Any one?

Is there a good thread that goes over the whole process some where (I can't seem to find it searching)?

I've seen some references to having to replace the hood, but then others not mentioning that they changed the hood. Is that required or not?

Old 10-08-2013, 01:14 PM
snp_cayenne is a jewel in the roughsnp_cayenne is a jewel in the roughsnp_cayenne is a jewel in the roughsnp_cayenne is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by gnat
Any one?

Is there a good thread that goes over the whole process some where (I can't seem to find it searching)?

I've seen some references to having to replace the hood, but then others not mentioning that they changed the hood. Is that required or not?
Unless if you want the look of the GTS/Turbo hood, you don't need to replace it. The lines on the non-GTS/Turbo hood still match up perfect with the Turbo bumper.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Unless if you want the look of the GTS/Turbo hood, you don't need to replace it. The lines on the non-GTS/Turbo hood still match up perfect with the Turbo bumper.
Cool, thanks.

Did you do yours yourself or have a shop do it?

The assumption is that cleaning off the stuff the construction sprayed on me will burn through the clear coat and the car will need a new coat. The bumper already has to come apart to have all the non-painted parts replaced. So if the labor is already going to be covered and part of the painting is also going to be covered it seems to be a good time to make the change.

I just need to know what exactly is involved in the swap so I can talk to my body shop about what we'd be looking at to have it done.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by gnat
Cool, thanks.

Did you do yours yourself or have a shop do it?

The assumption is that cleaning off the stuff the construction sprayed on me will burn through the clear coat and the car will need a new coat. The bumper already has to come apart to have all the non-painted parts replaced. So if the labor is already going to be covered and part of the painting is also going to be covered it seems to be a good time to make the change.

I just need to know what exactly is involved in the swap so I can talk to my body shop about what we'd be looking at to have it done.
I had a body shop that does a lot of Porsche cars do it. It was actually their very first bumper conversion and they didn't have any problems at all. It was pretty straightforward. They should use the GTS or Turbo body shop manual to help them with the install. If you are using a body shop they should also have access to body work estimate software that gives you all the part numbers for a bumper repair.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Could someone who has done this conversion post a picture of the DRL working in both day and night? Knowing that the Turbo and GTS have the DRL in the headlights, it would be interesting to see how these look before I pull the trigger.

Old 10-13-2013, 03:48 PM
boxs1 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=snp_cayenne;3893244]Just did a GTS/Turbo bumper swap on my 2013 Cayenne S. Turned out great!

Typically you lose the DRLs with this swap because of the DRLs being integrated in the headlights for the GTS and Turbo. I made a little harness adapter that allows the LED bar in the GTS/Turbo bumper to double as both the parking lights and DRLs without any ECU warnings. I can still disable the DRLs if I want from the PCM.
]

Hello
Looks Great job.
I am planing to make my Cayenne S like your with turbo bumper and Aero sport package. But I need little help
Can you help me , looking for each parts number for the sport package kit.
And how from I can buy the cables for Led that you show on the last picture.
Thank you in advance

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GTS/Turbo Bumper Swap + Working DRLs