Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

GTS/Turbo Bumper Swap + Working DRLs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Ylincooper is on a distinguished road
I think I am going to cry...

Old 07-23-2013, 05:24 PM
_Cayenne_S_ is on a distinguished road
Nice job congrats i want to do this since a long time but the dealer told me that i will lose the DRLS and they can't make the light bar ON like S model. Where did you ordered the harness if I may ask you?
Thanks

Last edited by _Cayenne_S_; 07-23-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:44 PM
snp_cayenne is a jewel in the roughsnp_cayenne is a jewel in the roughsnp_cayenne is a jewel in the roughsnp_cayenne is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by _Cayenne_S_
Nice job congrats i want to do this since a long time but the dealer told me that i will lose the DRLS and they can't make the light bar ON like S model. Where did you ordered the harness if I may ask you?
Thanks
The dealer is right. The DRLS are in the headlights for the Turbo/GTS and the bumper only has the horizontal parking lights and yellow turn signals, whereas the S has an extra set of lights in the bumper (yellow turn signal, thin horizontal parking lights, and horizontal DRLs). The bumper conversion kits out there use the Turbo wiring harness, which is why you lose the DRLs (don't have the right pins).

I used the orignal harness from the S, but I built my own harness adapter for the Turbo/GTS bumper lights to make them work properly and also allow the horizontal LEDs to work as both DRLs and parking lights. They do require a couple simple electronic components.

I've been traveling and haven't had a moment to do a full write up on how to build the adapter yet.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by snp_cayenne
The dealer is right. The DRLS are in the headlights for the Turbo/GTS and the bumper only has the horizontal parking lights and yellow turn signals, whereas the S has an extra set of lights in the bumper (yellow turn signal, thin horizontal parking lights, and horizontal DRLs). The bumper conversion kits out there use the Turbo wiring harness, which is why you lose the DRLs (don't have the right pins).<br />
<br />
I used the orignal harness from the S, but I built my own harness adapter for the Turbo/GTS bumper lights to make them work properly and also allow the horizontal LEDs to work as both DRLs and parking lights. They do require a couple simple electronic components. <br />
<br />
I've been traveling and haven't had a moment to do a full write up on how to build the adapter yet.
<br />
<br />
<br />
if I Decide to buy the Gts front headlight complete set will the DRLs work on my CS like the Gts or I still need some electric work to make them work. <br />
Any advise.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:38 PM
snp_cayenne is a jewel in the roughsnp_cayenne is a jewel in the roughsnp_cayenne is a jewel in the roughsnp_cayenne is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by _Cayenne_S_
<br />
<br />
<br />
if I Decide to buy the Gts front headlight complete set will the DRLs work on my CS like the Gts or I still need some electric work to make them work. <br />
Any advise.
If you get the GTS headlights (which include the DRLs in them), you will have to redo the wiring on the S. The DRL signal is in the bumper led bar harness in the S and in the GTS/Turbo the DRL signal is in the headlight harness.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by snp_cayenne
If you get the GTS headlights (which include the DRLs in them), you will have to redo the wiring on the S. The DRL signal is in the bumper led bar harness in the S and in the GTS/Turbo the DRL signal is in the headlight harness.
ok how difficult is to do the wiring to convert the DRLs from the S to Gts assume that I have already bought the Gts headlights I am sure there is away!

Old 07-28-2013, 08:00 AM
Any write up on the schematic?

Old 07-29-2013, 06:44 PM
hagel is on a distinguished road
I'd appreciate a write up / how to on the wiring schematic, as I've been on the fence on doing the swap on my CD. If I could do it and keep the DRL, I'm all in!

Old 08-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by anakongkong
Here is connection.

From Car -

Pin # 9 = Yellow /blue : Right side DRL.

Pun #10 = Yellow/green : Left side DRL.

connect wire to Turbo DRL.

not sure LED pins but from Left, it was Ground pin, DRL, Light, Turn signal (all 4 pins on LED plug on bumper) or Ground-light-ground-turn

Good luck guys!
anakongkong, not going to lie, this is kind of confusing. Thank you very much but do you think you could elaborate a little bit more on each step of the process?

Old 08-29-2013, 09:43 PM
jayhay82 is on a distinguished road
I ordered a kit from suncoast. Terrible experience. Received kit with missing parts and duplicates parts. I asked if the reinforcement bar was necessary and they said that it wasn't. Well they were wrong and I have to wait an additional week to get my pig back from the shop.

I am interested in the working DRLs with the turbo conversion. Any updates?

Old 08-29-2013, 10:02 PM
I had the same experience with getting extra parts and missing a couple others, but Suncoast was really good about taking care of it. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the reinforcement bar is different (as is also the foam block) and that's the only thing that is missing in your their full kit.

When I get some time, I'll post the schematics on how to build the harness to allow the LED bars to double as both the parking lights and DRLs.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:58 AM
Swiss made is on a distinguished road
Techart has a DRL which would be an upgrade for the OEM turbo bumper or will be part of their Magnum kit. I assume you can also use this kit on a normal Cayenne with Turbo bumper.
Go to page 6 on http://www.techart.de/fileadmin/cont...0991626186.pdf

Old 09-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Swiss made
Techart has a DRL which would be an upgrade for the OEM turbo bumper or will be part of their Magnum kit. I assume you can also use this kit on a normal Cayenne with Turbo bumper.
I've looked into those before. They will work on a normal Cayenne with a Turbo bumper. The Techart DRL kit comes with its own controller. You just need to splice into your current harness for power and signal.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:55 AM
HOiYA will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Swiss made
Yeah I came across those on the sharkwerks site and then saw the price tag.... a whopping $1600 and that doesn't include install. Definitely cool, but not sure if that is where I would spend the money.

Last edited by HOiYA; 09-02-2013 at 11:12 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-02-2013, 11:03 AM
That's right. It's pretty expensive and it does require you to trim and modify the LED bar holding bracket for the Techart DRLs to mount properly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GTS/Turbo Bumper Swap + Working DRLs