Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Panamera might be getting too common!

Old 11-05-2013, 03:29 AM
boswell1037 is on a distinguished road
I live in manhattan and i rarely see them on the road!

Old 11-05-2013, 05:31 AM
tengtengvn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NiceCar
Actually, it is. Probably the best sushi place in the Bay Area.
Address please.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:15 AM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tengtengvn
Address please.
Sushi Ran, 107 Caledonia St, Sausalito, CA 94965

Old 11-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Siswati is just really niceSiswati is just really niceSiswati is just really niceSiswati is just really nice
I fly out of FLL regularly. There can be as many as 8-10 on any day at the airport garage valet area!

Old 11-08-2013, 12:40 PM
supercup is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kw911TT
There are 6 other Panameras on my street, even more Cayennes.... yes they are common where I live.
I live in S. Cal as well, very common in OC, as are all German brands. Don't mind that at all. Love the car and hope as many people as possible get to experience one at some point or another.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:32 PM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
I think the issue is the base model is too acessible. They should get rid of it and have the S as the base model.

The base one is also embarrassingly slow for a Porsche.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:37 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by supercup
I live in S. Cal as well, very common in OC, as are all German brands. Don't mind that at all. Love the car and hope as many people as possible get to experience one at some point or another.
Agree, there seems to be more Mercedes, BMW & Audi than Ford, GMC & Chevy around here.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:15 AM
khabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
I think the issue is the base model is too acessible. They should get rid of it and have the S as the base model.

The base one is also embarrassingly slow for a Porsche.
I wouldn't say that - I think the base model is well above adequate given its size and weight. Smooth engine, linear performance and a 0-60 sprint in 5.9 seconds for a 300/310 hp output mill is definitely great. It may not throw you in the back of your seat or be class-leading but for real world performance in urban environments and speed-regulated highways, I think it does a commendable job. The handling also beats the S models since the N/A V6 is less nose-heavy than its more powerful brethren.

Also: any car with a base price of 78100 USD is far from accessible. If you consider the Panamera easy to get into, then what about the Cayenne V6? Better yet, wait for the Macan to land: if speculation pans out and we get a four-banger in the base Macan in 2015 with a price in the 40K range, then you'll truly see those more than you may like.

khabah

Old 11-09-2013, 01:23 AM
boswell1037 is on a distinguished road
+1 the panamera is not a cheap car. you will not see them on the road that much! and when you do see them its not like you saw 5-10 on the road in one day like a honda accord or toyota camry!

Old 11-09-2013, 08:34 AM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by khabah
I wouldn't say that - I think the base model is well above adequate given its size and weight. Smooth engine, linear performance and a 0-60 sprint in 5.9 seconds for a 300/310 hp output mill is definitely great. It may not throw you in the back of your seat or be class-leading but for real world performance in urban environments and speed-regulated highways, I think it does a commendable job. The handling also beats the S models since the N/A V6 is less nose-heavy than its more powerful brethren.

Also: any car with a base price of 78100 USD is far from accessible. If you consider the Panamera easy to get into, then what about the Cayenne V6? Better yet, wait for the Macan to land: if speculation pans out and we get a four-banger in the base Macan in 2015 with a price in the 40K range, then you'll truly see those more than you may like.

khabah
Well put, my friend!!

Old 11-09-2013, 09:14 PM
timelinex will become famous soon enough
It all depends on the neighborhood. I live in a great neighborhood but I think I have seen only 1 other panamera in the last year.. I have people coming up to me in parking lots on a weekly bases with confused looks asking me how long Porsche has been making a sedan. My friend lives 30 minutes away in north scottsdale and its ridiculous how many he see's around his corner. He tells me everytime he leaves the house to go down the street he sees 3 or 4. The funny part is I did a google street maps view of an intersection by his house and right in the picture, there was a panamera and cayenne sitting on opposing sides waiting at the light.

Last edited by timelinex; 11-09-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:14 PM
docboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting post. I live in a fairly affluent snobbish neighborhood. Lots of BMWs, Audis, Lexus, and Benz. I've also seen a few Tesla Model S (a recent study shows the Model S as the automobile with the highest percentage of affluent ownership) and even a white Lexus LFA cruising around.

But oddly enough, no Panamera.

Old 11-10-2013, 02:36 AM
tengtengvn is on a distinguished road
I saw 3 while driving around SF this afternoon.