Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on this build?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 01:37 PM
keith27 will become famous soon enough
Thoughts on this build?

Hi everyone. I am contemplating getting a Panamera Turbo S and have come up with the following build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRJRSK4

I am looking for a color combo that makes the Panamera seem like a smaller car than it actually is, thus the black color. Thoughts on Blackk vs. Jet Black? Thoughts on the tinted rear LEDs? I don't really like black rims so I think the Turbo IIs are a nice option and contrast nicely with the black car.

Also, in the configurator it says that if you select Sports Exhaust you can't select black tail pipes and the Sport Exhaust options states the tips are stainless steel. Yet according to Porsche's page it states the Sports Exhaust makes the tips black on the GTS and Turbo S. Anyone know for sure? "The tailpipes of the Panamera GTS and Panamera Turbo S sports exhaust system have a matte black painted finish as standard." Source: http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/pa...xhaust-system/

Finally, are the options I'm seeing online in the configurator for MY2015 or MY2014? And if they are for 14, does anyone know what will be different/new for 15?

Configuration below.

Thanks,
Keith

Description No. Colour Info Price

Panamera Turbo S

$180,300

Packages

Premium Package Plus

P48

$4,780

Exterior Color

Black

A1

$0

Interior Color

Leather Interior in Black

AC

$0

Exterior

Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish

XYB

$160

Tinted LED Taillights

XXP

$650

LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)

XEY

$1,215

Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass

$1,240

SportDesign Side Skirts

XAR

$1,390

ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Surround View

$1,505

Extended Exterior Package Painted

EPA

$2,890

Performance

Sport Exhaust System

$3,350

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)

$0

Wheels

20" 911 Turbo II Wheels

$0

Interior

Vehicle Key Painted

CPK

$365

Power Sunblind for Rear Side Windows

$490

LED Extended Interior Lighting Package i.c.w. Interior Lighting Package

CEL

$845

Interior Lighting Package

$605

Lane Departure Warning (LDW)

$630

Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package

P80

$0

Seat Ventilation (Front and Rear)

$1,680

Power Sunblind for Rear Compartment

$390

Power Seats (8-way, Rear)

$2,125

Interior Leather

Personalized Loadspace Mat with Leather Edging

CZU

$335

Personalized Floor Mats with Leather Edging

CFX

$645

Inner Door-Sill Guards in Leather

CTG

$2,920

PCM Display Surround in Leather

CUR

$1,900

Sun Visors in Leather

CMB

$740

Rear-View Mirror in Leather

CVW

$675

Steering Column Casing and Instrument Surround in Leather

CWP

$1,295

Air Vent Slats in Leather

CZV

$2,505

Dashboard End Trim in Leather

CDV

$890

Extended Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather

CZW

$1,535

Fixed Luggage Compartment Cover in Leather

CGZ

$845

Seat Console incl. Trim in Leather (i.c.w. Rear Power Seats)

CZP

$3,435

Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front and Rear)

XYW

$285

Interior Carbon Fiber

Door-Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber, Illuminated (i.c.w. Inner Door-Sill Guards in Leather)

CXD

$2,070

Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel in Carbon Fiber

$635

Carbon Fiber Interior Package

$995

Interior Aluminum

Gear Selector in Brushed Aluminum

XYA

$740

Audio and Communications

Voice Control

$595

Porsche Car Connect

7G9

$540

Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System

$4,040

Others

Code for Side Mirror Painted (Lower Trim)

CPM

$0

Preparation Door-Sill Guards, Illuminated

XES

$0

Old 05-08-2014, 10:37 PM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
You should spring for the post formatting option.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by NiceCar
You should spring for the post formatting option.
Yeah that's why I included the Porsche Code

Old 05-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by erekcat
I got the Thermal/Insulated glass...it doesn't sound as quiet as I thought it was gonna be. Still a lot more road noise than I would like.
Interesting thanks. How is it in keeping the heat out?

Old 05-09-2014, 12:43 AM
oscuro is on a distinguished road
Should be a MY15, since "SportDesign Rear Fascia" is introduced for MY15 and is not available on MY14 Panameras.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:06 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
Nice choices, but I must say after 40 Porsches multiple Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, and Maserati's I will never buy new again. My 4S was two years old when I bought it had lows miles (almost 30K of options) and I paid half of sticker. Yup half of what it sold for and it was a CPO car. Hey call me cheap if you want but I cannot wrap my head around throwing money away. But I'm getting older and trying to get wiser as well.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:04 AM
Originally Posted by oscuro
Should be a MY15, since "SportDesign Rear Fascia" is introduced for MY15 and is not available on MY14 Panameras.
Thanks!

Old 05-09-2014, 06:38 AM
GladiatorOwner is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MrPrice
Nice choices, but I must say after 40 Porsches multiple Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, and Maserati's I will never buy new again. My 4S was two years old when I bought it had lows miles (almost 30K of options) and I paid half of sticker. Yup half of what it sold for and it was a CPO car. Hey call me cheap if you want but I cannot wrap my head around throwing money away. But I'm getting older and trying to get wiser as well.
Other than the "nice choices" comment, not sure how this helps the OP out here. He wants new obviously and has the coin. So be it. There is something about breaking in your own new car.

Keith, looks like a great build. As others have stated in previous threads regarding "S" vs non-S, what makes you go S when you can tune the non-S to be faster for less $$?

Old 05-09-2014, 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by GladiatorOwner
Keith, looks like a great build. As others have stated in previous threads regarding "S" vs non-S, what makes you go S when you can tune the non-S to be faster for less $$?
Thanks Gladiator. Honestly because I don't like doing things that aren't stock. I'd rather spec it the way Porsche allows and then keep it completely under warranty. I plan on keeping the car 10 years.

Keith

Old 05-09-2014, 10:31 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keith27
Thanks Gladiator. Honestly because I don't like doing things that aren't stock. I'd rather spec it the way Porsche allows and then keep it completely under warranty. I plan on keeping the car 10 years.

Keith
Great. Then after warranty the mods can come into play. I would go for the tinted tail lights - gives it an aggressive look.

Old 05-10-2014, 05:32 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GladiatorOwner
Other than the "nice choices" comment, not sure how this helps the OP out here. He wants new obviously and has the coin. So be it. There is something about breaking in your own new car.

Other than something to think about from someone who had owned over 500 cars (none left stock but a couple Ferrari's) in his lifetime and lost enough money to buy a good sized house I guess not much. Take as it was meant advise nothing more. I have bought dozens of cars I thought I'd keep years and all but one are gone. There is always something better coming!

Old 05-10-2014, 05:36 AM
This is true... A new car quickly becomes an old car

A big reason why I'm considering the S63 or S65 AMG Coupe instead... Brand new life cycle vs maybe 2-3 years left in the Panamera before the next generation is out and this build would be left dated.

Old 05-10-2014, 12:16 PM
GladiatorOwner is on a distinguished road
Other than something to think about from someone who had owned over 500 cars (none left stock but a couple Ferrari's) in his lifetime and lost enough money to buy a good sized house I guess not much. Take as it was meant advise nothing more. I have bought dozens of cars I thought I'd keep years and all but one are gone. There is always something better coming!
My comment was not intended as a slam. Apologies if it came off wrong. You certainly have a vast knowledge of these and many other cars! And it's very true that these cars lose so much value after a year or 2 it's crazy. This is why I just bought a 2012 and not a 14......

Old 05-10-2014, 01:54 PM
Former Vendor
Bryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant future

Agree... Now this is coming from a Used car store... over $200k for a Panamera is crazy to me.. never the less, very nice set up

Old 05-10-2014, 06:45 PM
oscuro is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by keith27
This is true... A new car quickly becomes an old car

A big reason why I'm considering the S63 or S65 AMG Coupe instead... Brand new life cycle vs maybe 2-3 years left in the Panamera before the next generation is out and this build would be left dated.
Take it from the owner of a higher-dollar Benz: Aside from SLR and possibly SLS (jury's still out), the $130k+ Benz's haven't been known to hold any sort of value, regardless of when in their lifecycle they are purchased. Mercedes takes a hit because they change their external fascias so dramatically between generations. Porsche has had the same underlying DNA and design theme for the past few decades and thus doesn't take as much of a hit as Mercedes in that arena. And quality is a toss-up between the two, but my current generation CL63 biturbo (deprecated within months by the new S-coupe) has been a complete nightmare.

Regardless, I consider autos to be rapidly depreciating "assets" (notice the quotes), so I tend to focus on the enjoyment foremost and not go in with any grand expectations for resale.

Sorry to hijack the discussion. Original Poster: Great build. I went for the SportDesign side skirts because I liked the slightly flared-out look from the side profile. I personally never really considered anything more than a GTS, because I felt the GTS could reach 45 mph (usual maximum cruising speed in Los Angeles) quickly enough

Last edited by oscuro; 05-10-2014 at 06:48 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this build?