Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Durametric

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 06:43 PM
blakey1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Small Car Lover
The iCarsoft POR-II is an alternative. It's fairly inexpensive and resets the maintenance intervals and clears codes.

https://www.amazon.com/iCarsoft-Pors.../dp/B011DKBXBK
THIS!!! Just picked one up off Amazon and reset all my intervals on my 2015 Panamera S E-Hybrid in under 10 mins right out of the box and no seperate laptop hookup needed.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:27 PM
Small Car Lover will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by blakey1981

THIS!!! Just picked one up off Amazon and reset all my intervals on my 2015 Panamera S E-Hybrid in under 10 mins right out of the box and no seperate laptop hookup needed.
Yes, it's small, no hassle, quick and easy to use. It's powered by the OBDII port so it doesn't even need batteries. I use it for my 987 as well instead of booting up the laptop and getting my (single VIN) Durametric going. Now that PIWIS 3 is out I have to question the Durametric Pro when a grey market stand alone PIWIS II is available for about $100 more. The PIWIS II won't support newer than 2017 while the Durametric should eventually be updated to support all the newer vehicles. I guess it depends on what vehicles each person sees in their future.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:09 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Can it show real-time cam shaft deviation on your Cayman?

i use my Durametric for this, but my laptop is getting long in tooth. I would like 1 tool for both cars, preferably without a laptop.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:00 PM
Turbotod is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey negb! I'm a new forum member, saw on your recent post that your Panamera has an IPD Plenum in your list of goodies. I have a 2010 Panamera Turbo, sport exhaust, but otherwise stock. Was thinking of getting the IPD Plenum. Did you see a significant gain in power, or throttle response, etc?
Thanks for your time!
Turbotod

Old 12-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by stealthn
Can it show real-time cam shaft deviation on your Cayman?

i use my Durametric for this, but my laptop is getting long in tooth. I would like 1 tool for both cars, preferably without a laptop.
It does do real time data stream, similar to what my durametric basic cable offers, but I haven't checked for cam shaft deviation. I'd be surprised if it didn't as it seemed to have a pretty comprehensive list of data streams available and I would think the cam data should be accessible by most OBDII scan tools. By Friday I should have time to check it out and report back.

Old 12-21-2018, 07:06 AM
riden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura about
If durametric does not permit coding, does that close the door to replacing electrical components which require them to be “registered” after they are replaced? So if a door lock is replaced a trip to the dealer is required to get it registered.

Old 12-23-2018, 04:16 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Small Car Lover
It does do real time data stream, similar to what my durametric basic cable offers, but I haven't checked for cam shaft deviation. I'd be surprised if it didn't as it seemed to have a pretty comprehensive list of data streams available and I would think the cam data should be accessible by most OBDII scan tools. By Friday I should have time to check it out and report back.
Thanks I would appreciate that. I so I know what I’m getting myself for Christmas

Old 12-23-2018, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by stealthn

Thanks I would appreciate that. I so I know what I’m getting myself for Christmas
I did check and I don't think it shows cam deviation, at least I couldn't find it. The iCarsoft doesn't have access to as many of the modules as the Durametric either, and it can't activate a function within a module. For example the Duramatric can roll the window up and down or turn the radio on and off. The iCarSoft can only read and clear faults with the module. I don't think the iCarsoft will allow you to get rid of the laptop. The iCarsoft is much better at resetting the service interval indicator. You can select what service and how long you want the interval. The Durametric only resets the interval on my 987.2 to 2 years, 20k miles. I have emailed Durametric support multiple times with that (and other) issues and I never get a response. It's unfortunate the Durametric is so half baked in comparison to a product like the VAG COM for VW. The Durametric is just to bug ridden and the support is non-existent to justify $735. If I end up needing a better tool that the iCarSoft for the Panamera I think I'll try a Chinese knockoff PIWIS II. It's only a little more than a Durametric Pro.

The iCarSoft is a decent tool for the money. It seems they recently released a newer version called the POR V2.0 which appears to be similar to the POR II but supports battery management system which would be a useful feature to have. The price is the same as the POR II.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:41 AM
blackduc238 is on a distinguished road
So has anyone out there bought the chinese piwis system and reviewed it? I'm seeing them listed for about 1000 with the panasonic laptop, anywhere from 300 to 600 without. It seems to be a good set up with parts lists and diagrams built in. But i've not seen an actual users review yet.

Old 02-23-2019, 03:41 PM
Deezflip is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tallpaul
You don't need coding to reset maintenance reminders (oil, minor, major), clear/read faults, or do other "pre-coded" maintenance activities on the Panamera (which there are quiet a few, though primarily engine related). The coding that isn't' supported is custom coding. Durametric works great for what you mentioned. I run it and have used it a number of times to pull Suspension/Engine codes, as well as to reset my service indicators.

Hopefully this helps clarify. I do wish it had coding and support for enhanced features, like Suspension calibration.
What a relief, so glad you clarified this! Made a recent purchase on the Pro and was just now reading through this thread.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:34 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Not on Panamera, but can on other Porsche Cars. My Cayenne turbo has greatly benefited from having Durametric, and able to adjust a whole lot of nice places. Eventually Durametric coverage for Panamera will increase. Eventually.

Originally Posted by benblack
We can't code with the durametric. Can't turn stuff on and off and reset faults. I haven't dove into it too hard someone maybe able to do the tricky stuff. Look on durametric website. As for not working on an s. I don't see why not. Mine has a custom tune bigger turbos 715 hp and it works for mine

Old 01-13-2020, 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by negb
UNBELIEVABLE !! I missed this one:

>>>*Coding feature available with Durametric Professional kits only, except on Cayenne & Panamera.<<<

THANK YOU!
Not sure if this was already mentioned elsewhere, but I checked up on their site and it appears that Panamera was taken out of this statement. I haven't used it since last summer but does this mean coding is now supported on the Panameras? However, the table/chart for Panameras has "No" for coding throughout the column. Typo maybe? I'm seeing some "Yes" on the Cayenne's matrix instead.

>>>*Coding feature available with Durametric Professional kits only, except on 2003-2010 Cayenne.<<<

Last edited by Deezflip; 01-13-2020 at 08:10 AM.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:10 AM
...so I emailed them and received a reply, dissappointed

Good Morning,
Thank you for contacting Durametric. Coding features are not available for the Panamera. Coding is no longer a focus of the tool and may not be added in the future.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Kevin Lewis
Durametric Software Inc
888-854-5523

Old 01-13-2020, 11:32 AM
tallpaul is on a distinguished road
Just to confirm it doesn't appear Coding or anything at all new for the Panamera.

I'm not sure the direction they are going with the tool in the long run, but any thoughts of it becoming a poor mans PIWIS doesn't seem to be happening. I'm still a fan, but if all you need is a tool to pull codes and reset maintenance light there are plenty of other options available.

Originally Posted by Deezflip
...so I emailed them and received a reply, dissappointed

Good Morning,
Thank you for contacting Durametric. Coding features are not available for the Panamera. Coding is no longer a focus of the tool and may not be added in the future.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Kevin Lewis
Durametric Software Inc
888-854-5523

Old 01-13-2020, 11:47 AM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
they are a rather small shop here in Bend.
I would love to see them add more features and support for the Panamera's but I suspect due to their size it won't happen.