Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Durametric

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 11:28 PM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
Durametric

Got to give a shout out to owen and the guys there. Realized a few weeks ago that they are local to me. They answered all my emails and were super nice when I stopped in to chat. Can't wait to hook it up amd tinker around. Anything good any of you figured out with it

Old 10-07-2016, 12:31 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
use mine to set oil services on my 997.2.
so hopefully it works as well on the panamera... I m now on my second vin#.

Old 10-07-2016, 02:05 PM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
Nice yea shows that setting airtime height and a few check lights so if they pop up in the future

Old 10-10-2016, 07:15 PM
cheetos72 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cerbomark
use mine to set oil services on my 997.2.
so hopefully it works as well on the panamera... I m now on my second vin#.
I can attest - works perfectly post maintenance to reset.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:07 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
I have Pro version and would love to hear what Panamera owners have programmed and their feedback.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:24 AM
We can't code with the durametric. Can't turn stuff on and off and reset faults. I haven't dove into it too hard someone maybe able to do the tricky stuff. Look on durametric website. As for not working on an s. I don't see why not. Mine has a custom tune bigger turbos 715 hp and it works for mine

Old 02-10-2017, 08:54 AM
negb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by benblack
We can't code with the durametric. Can't turn stuff on and off and reset faults.
Then it is useless. If I can't even switch off seat belt warning chime ....

Old 02-12-2017, 01:46 PM
There maybe a way to do it. I just haven't really dug into all it can and can't do

Old 12-11-2018, 11:48 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
FYI, There is a professional version and an enthusiast version. I think thats the coding difference. and the difference in price.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:51 PM
Small Car Lover will become famous soon enough
The issue with the Durametric for the Panamera is that coding is not support regardless of the version. The Durametric web site indicates if coding is supported for each Poesche model. The last column indicates coding is not support for the Panamera and part of the reason I couldn't justify buying the Durametric for the Panamera over some of the other options..

Last edited by Small Car Lover; 12-11-2018 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:20 AM
negb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Small Car Lover
The issue with the Durametric for the Panamera is that coding is not support regardless of the version.
UNBELIEVABLE !! I missed this one:

>>>*Coding feature available with Durametric Professional kits only, except on Cayenne & Panamera.<<<

THANK YOU!

Old 12-13-2018, 05:12 AM
elShiz is on a distinguished road
Ok welp, guess I'm not getting this well regarded tool I've seen pop up ever since joining, seeing as it doesn't work for the Panamera.

I know the thread is "Durametric," but what's a good recommended alternative to reset faults and scheduled maintenance?

Old 12-13-2018, 10:46 AM
Small Car Lover will become famous soon enough
The iCarsoft POR-II is an alternative. It's fairly inexpensive and resets the maintenance intervals and clears codes.

Amazon Amazon

Old 12-13-2018, 02:55 PM
tallpaul is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by elShiz
Ok welp, guess I'm not getting this well regarded tool I've seen pop up ever since joining, seeing as it doesn't work for the Panamera.

I know the thread is "Durametric," but what's a good recommended alternative to reset faults and scheduled maintenance?
You don't need coding to reset maintenance reminders (oil, minor, major), clear/read faults, or do other "pre-coded" maintenance activities on the Panamera (which there are quiet a few, though primarily engine related). The coding that isn't' supported is custom coding. Durametric works great for what you mentioned. I run it and have used it a number of times to pull Suspension/Engine codes, as well as to reset my service indicators.

Hopefully this helps clarify. I do wish it had coding and support for enhanced features, like Suspension calibration.

Old 12-13-2018, 06:53 PM
elShiz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Small Car Lover
The iCarsoft POR-II is an alternative. It's fairly inexpensive and resets the maintenance intervals and clears codes.

https://www.amazon.com/iCarsoft-Pors.../dp/B011DKBXBK
Awesome thank you. Not that I'm trying to pinch every penny as I understand the "tax" that comes with a Panamera, but if I can save a bit here and there I'm ok with that. Appreciate it.

Originally Posted by tallpaul
You don't need coding to reset maintenance reminders (oil, minor, major), clear/read faults, or do other "pre-coded" maintenance activities on the Panamera (which there are quiet a few, though primarily engine related). The coding that isn't' supported is custom coding. Durametric works great for what you mentioned. I run it and have used it a number of times to pull Suspension/Engine codes, as well as to reset my service indicators.

Hopefully this helps clarify. I do wish it had coding and support for enhanced features, like Suspension calibration.
Ah gotcha, excuse my confusion and thanks for the clarification.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Durametric