Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some advice.. doing my rear pads this week.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 04:07 AM
Lboogie78 is on a distinguished road
Need some advice.. doing my rear pads this week.

So here is the situation, the rear pads are about done on the pany. I'm running a full set of PCCB front and rear. I've already replace the fronts with no issues. My question is, after doing my research and all to my understanding I must find a way to unlock the rear electronic parking system. Or putting the parking system in service mode. Now according to the scanner tool that I have. The icarsoft POR II. It's supposed to allow me to disable the EPB so that I could service the rear pads. Has anyone attempted to do a DYI on the rear brakes on the Panny? I've yet to find any videos on how to disable the EPB. And on top of that, I've seen post online regarding Pany having the yellow warning of their rear brakes stuck in service mode...

http://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-and-boxster-problems-and-complaints/80602-electric-parking-brake-issue.html#/topics/80602?page=3

Old 05-30-2017, 07:35 AM
pwc6t3 is on a distinguished road
I am also looking to DIY my brake pads and rotors this week on my PTT (red calipers). I would appreciate any insight people might have. I also have the PorII scan tool. Any videos I can find are for calipers that you can slide the pads into from the back/top, mine seem to be solid so the pads would have to be put in from the bottom/front. I have changed brakes out on my Bentley, Ford and Lotus, not sure why the Porsche is seeming to be a more daunting task!
Paul

Old 05-30-2017, 10:49 AM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Unfortunately this isn't a service I've performed yet, but I have the durametric tool. Have either of you tried to put the brakes in service mode yet? If not would you please check and let the rest of us know

Old 05-30-2017, 03:52 PM
riden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura about
I changed just the pads on the steel brakes without unlocking the parking brake. If you are removing the rotors then I believe software is needed disengage the parking brake.

Old 05-31-2017, 03:33 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I haven t done mine but just did family members Jag with the same issue... I have also done Subaru s with this electronic parking brake.
I disconnected battery. Then on the Jag all I had to do was cycle the parking brake thru and it reset light.
Also might want to check if the rears are screw in type calipers like on the Jag and Subi s I did. Need tool for that, FYI. Just keep your fingers out of the way, LOL, that e brake won t stop if it s set off. Keep us posted.

Old 05-31-2017, 04:26 PM
I'm going to cross reference this with a shop to see what is needed to replace the rear pads. I'm hoping that with the POR2 any setting or resetting of the electronic system would be as simple as pressing a button. We'll see what the shop has to say.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:03 AM
OK my rare pads are finally here.. im going to try and install them on Friday.. i'll keep everyone posted on the E-brake situation.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:51 PM
AMGTHIS is an unknown quantity at this point
Any follow up to this ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.