Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF on 2010 4S? Or MAP sensor only?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 08:17 AM
ih82lose is an unknown quantity at this point
MAF on 2010 4S? Or MAP sensor only?

Looking for a little help on locating the MAF(s) on the 2010 Panamera I purchased last week. I have a Check engine light that gives a DTC of P0068 (correlation between TPS, MAF and MAP). In troubleshooting the code, the MAF sensor is the only one I have not been able to locate.

I have been looking though online workshop manuals like the one in the link below, but have not seen any reference to a MAF sensor.

http://workshop-manuals.com/porsche/...ce_and_repair/

Can anyone tell me where they are located? Only place I haven't checked is up under the front bumper, which is where I assume the air filter is.

I saw a video on air filter replacement, and did not see any MAF sensors there, so I am beginning to wonder if the car only uses a MAP sensor?

Old 06-07-2017, 11:03 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Sorry, I have seen the question asked here before but have never seen anyone point out a location. So maybe there is not one. Subscribed for answer.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:12 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...escription=MAF

I went on Pelicans parts site and there seems to be more than one option. Do a search if the link doesn t come up.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:46 AM
I've searched Pelican specifically for the Panamera MAF and nothing comes up. Based on the diagrams of the air intake system online, and views of the airbox under the bumper in videos, I am coming to the conclusion that this car has no MAF and uses only a MAP sensor.

In tracking down my check engine light, I've also learned that cleaning the throttle body can take care of the particular DTC that I am getting. I'll try this weekend to see if it takes care of the issue.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:08 AM
How many miles on car? I ve taken mine and cleaned it from the front end only taking nothing else apart. Not sure if it did anything or if you are going to do a more in depth cleaning. I was afraid to spray the cleaners that you run thru because I didn t want to mess up the MAF (If it had one)? Keep us posted.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:55 PM
It has 59k. I plan on just pulling the y-pipe in front of the throttle body and wiping it clean with a cloth dabbed in fuel injector cleaner. Not a fan of spraying solvents into the electronic throttle body, and I hear disassembly, while making it easier to clean, can lead to high idle problems upon reassembly in some cars.

A link to a video showing a similar clean-in-place procedure:
https://youtu.be/Vd8lUAF5g0Q

Old 06-10-2017, 10:56 AM
I did the same thing. Mine only had 10K and it had lots of black in there I guess from being a DFI engine as is common.

Old 06-10-2017, 11:02 AM
Old 06-13-2017, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the tips. I cleaned out the throttle body and tried the reset you posted. I did not hear anything moving or resetting during the procedure, but it doesn't hurt to try.

The TB was a little dirty around the edges of the throttle plate and much dirtier on the backside. Not sure how sensitive the TB is to the change in tolerance, but it couldn't have been that much of a difference from the buildup.

Before cleaning

Held open with plastic prybar to avoid remote possibility of digit loss.

I cleared the check engine light and it hasn't come back in the last few days of driving. At the very least, this was worth a shot before more invasive repair attempts.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:01 AM
Good. Maybe you got it corrected. So no MAF?

Old 06-19-2017, 01:02 PM
No MAF found anywhere under the hood. A couple suppliers list a PN for a MAF for the V8 Panamera, but when you drill down to a system diagram, it shows the Panamera Turbo or Cayenne intake, not the V8 Panamera.

I might still replace the MAP sensor just because it is easy to get to and cheap enough to.

Old 11-12-2021, 01:51 PM
2012PTT is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you ever figure out what was causing the trouble code? I now have P0068 also (came on immediately after an oil change, new spark plugs installed, and coolant topped off). Thanks for your help

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.