Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

throttle reset

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 09:26 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
throttle reset

anyone else try the throttle reset?
Key position 1 60 sec, off 5 sec, back to 1 15 seconds.

My 997 was this procedure and when I tried it on Panamera I think I heard it set. If you open hood and it s quiet you can hear movement of throttle. Can anyone confirm this procedure.
I did it every so often before and it help throttle response.

Old 06-08-2016, 12:56 PM
bebeqq1231 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cerbomark

My 997 was this procedure and when I tried it on Panamera I think I heard it set. If you open hood and it s quiet you can hear movement of throttle. Can anyone confirm this procedure.
Why you we need throttle reset?

Old 06-08-2016, 01:00 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bebeqq1231
Why you we need throttle reset?

It s something we just did as maint. Takes two minutes and most people notice better feel in the pedal and faster start up for those who never did it.
It s programed into the ECU so it won t hurt.
Someone on another forum said he s done it on his Panamera turbo the same way.

Old 06-08-2016, 01:09 PM
bebeqq1231 is on a distinguished road
Wow, i never something that this exists. I will try it and thank you for sharing

Old 06-08-2016, 01:22 PM
Jon@than is on a distinguished road
I have a Turbo S What exactly do you do to reset the throttle?Any improvement in turbo lag?
Any potential pitfalls doing this?
Also, I'm looking for new Summer tires. Any recommendations as I have the Michelin PSS on now

Old 06-08-2016, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by Jon@than
I have a Turbo S What exactly do you do to reset the throttle?Any improvement in turbo lag?
Also, I'm looking for new Summer tires. Any recommendations as I have the Michelin PSS on now

Read first post , first paragraph.
Probably not a fix for turbo lag BUT
no pitfalls.

Old 06-08-2016, 04:46 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jon@than
I think you mean throttle delay. Sprint booster can assist with that.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Jon@than is on a distinguished road
Does this work with keyless start option? Is sprint boost really worth it and effective?

Old 06-17-2016, 08:36 PM
brazeagle is on a distinguished road
I have a 2016 Panamera 4 Edition, KEY LESS start option.
Will this work on the keyless start on the v6 Panamera 4 Edition?
Willit help the weird feeling on the throttle response? I find the Panamera 4 (v6) terrible in terms of throttle feeling when you launch...
Thanks
LCL

Old 06-18-2016, 06:31 AM
riden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura about
I've had 2 Panameras. The throttle response compared to my BMWs is slow (delayed) even in sport plus mode with the traction controlled turned off. I've adjusted to it. My current is a 2014 PGTS.
BTW, I also found the brakes very spongy on the "4". The PGTS brakes are much better but they were also improved by upgrading the brakes hoses.

Sometimes I believe this stuff is design into the models to differentiate performance between the sports cars and the 4 door models. I don't see a good reason for reducing responsiveness.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:27 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cerbomark

I'm going to try this sometime within the next week.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:41 AM
PaBond is on a distinguished road
My old 300 SRT-8 had a fuse [# escapes me now] that once pulled, and subsequently replaced after 30+/- seconds, would reset the throttle response back to the factory setting. Theory being that the ECU "learned" your driving habits [good or bad] over time and this reset smoothed out the throttle response.

Old 06-22-2016, 01:17 PM
brazeagle is on a distinguished road
I tried twice with a 2016 Panamera 4 Edition and there is absolutely no difference.
The only thing we hear is the normal shutting down - or starting the electronics when you switch the key to on and off.

Sorry...
Cheers
Luiz

Old 12-18-2018, 03:50 PM
Former Vendor
Sprint Booster Sales is an unknown quantity at this point
BOOST IT.

"I met up with Bobby Buggs in Naples, FL today and drove his Panamera 4S. He has added the Armytrix exhaust which brings the exhaust sound to another level, it can be driven mild, barely louder than stock.....OR wild, nice and loud but throaty as you rev it. Now on to the Sprint Booster, in Sport it is plenty responsive and wakes up the throttle as others have mentioned, it does remove the lag making the driving experience way more sports-like. In Track setting (or the highest setting) the throttle is tons of fun, for sure this thing works! Half throttle feels like full pedal to the metal. For less than $300 seems like the way to go, the combination of the exhaust and the Sprint Booster make the Panny a different animal."