Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera Turbo Questions - 2010 or 2011

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 08:14 PM
dudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the rough
With PDCC, there is no obvious indication on the console. "High Level" control button is for air suspension. If you look under the hood, the power steering fluid reservoir is smaller with 2 hose connections at bottom versus PDCC + power steering fluid reservoir is larger with 3 hose connections at the bottom.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:00 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Great.
What about ceramic brakes? I read they can last really long time but are brittle and if chip, have to swap out entire thing costing many thousands $$$.
Opinions on that? I would personally stay away, but not sure what I would do if a car came by that has them on.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:52 PM
dudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the rough
Ceramic brakes calipers are yellow. Iron rotors are red calipers on GTS and Turbo. It is a personal preference if you want ceramic rotors. My understanding is that ceramic rotors in colder climates need to be warmed before the brakes bite. The positive side is less brake dust. Iron rotors work very well for street application.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:38 PM
orangeokie is an unknown quantity at this point
If you can swing it, get a 2012. There were improvements made for that model year. Someone who is more knowledgeable than me can expound.

Old 12-07-2017, 01:09 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Anyone can expand on the improvements made for 2012 turbo models? Really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by orangeokie
If you can swing it, get a 2012. There were improvements made for that model year. Someone who is more knowledgeable than me can expound.

Old 12-07-2017, 01:11 PM
From track riding I know ceramic system does need heat for optimal use. I am a little concerned that they are more brittle and more susceptible to chipping. Once chipped, the entire thing may need replacement, so I was kind of looking for folks chiming in with their experiences.

Originally Posted by dudecs
Ceramic brakes calipers are yellow. Iron rotors are red calipers on GTS and Turbo. It is a personal preference if you want ceramic rotors. My understanding is that ceramic rotors in colder climates need to be warmed before the brakes bite. The positive side is less brake dust. Iron rotors work very well for street application.

Old 12-07-2017, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by ciaka
Anyone can expand on the improvements made for 2012 turbo models? Really appreciate it.
2010 to 2013 models were the same 970.1 generation. 2014 to 2016 models were 970.2 generation. Aside from option availability, I believe that 2012 were not significantly different than prior years...aside from incorporating prior recalls or TSB and then availability of Turbo-S model? Performance is unchanged year to year for "Turbo".

Old 12-17-2017, 11:16 AM
mulligan is on a distinguished road
As I recall, the 2010 Panamera will not stream music over Bluetooth but 2011 and up will.

Perhaps this his has been corrected with a firmware update.

Old 12-17-2017, 11:52 AM
allroadusa has a spectacular aura aboutallroadusa has a spectacular aura about
Nope, not true anymore.
My 2010 PTT is able to stream music over BT.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:45 PM
orangeokie is an unknown quantity at this point
The range of options for the 2012 Panamera model line has also been enhanced. A Lane Change Assist system adapted from the Cayenne will be available from autumn 2011. It monitors the area behind and to the side of the vehicle as well as the blind spot and informs the driver via a signal in the exterior mirror if the system has located another vehicle in the adjacent lane. The Lane Change Assist system can be activated by a switch on the driver’s door and operates between 30 and 250 km/h (19 and 156 mph).

New Porsche Exclusive options for the Panamera exterior include Bi-Xenon main headlights in black including Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) as well as a redesigned sports tailpipe. A wireless internet access system will be available later in the year. It creates a wireless hotspot on board the Panamera, giving passengers the ability to access the Internet while in the car.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...vs-2012-a.html

Old 01-13-2018, 07:37 AM
fulwild is an unknown quantity at this point
‘=allroadusa;4507052]On Panamera, reservoir for PDCC is common with power steering fluid and works with a tandem pump. This is actually the black tank.
Without PDCC the tank would have been smaller and white.’

Personally I find a light dash to be very visually distracting as it reflects off the windshield in bright sun but many others obviously are not bothered by that.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:51 AM
I was wondering why some of these tanks were black. Thought someone painted it to match rest of under hood coloring. Now I know. Great info.
I think you are right about reflection of dash in sun. I will have to eval my wants here if it is easy to reflect. I do too find it distracting to see dash reflection off the window when driving in some conditions.

Originally Posted by fulwild
‘=allroadusa;4507052]On Panamera, reservoir for PDCC is common with power steering fluid and works with a tandem pump. This is actually the black tank.
Without PDCC the tank would have been smaller and white.’

Personally I find a light dash to be very visually distracting as it reflects off the windshield in bright sun but many others obviously are not bothered by that.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:09 AM
mwvh is on a distinguished road
Not that this is all that important, but I believe the 2011 models have a different door lock tone. I’ve had both models and the 2010 has a discreet electronic sound and the 2011 honks the horn. The PCM Bluetooth is also slightly better.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:04 PM
Can anyone comment on a 2012 panamera turbo s?
I saw one near, love thst its 2012 and turbo s, but has just over 100k miles on it. Would you consider this type of car or stay away due to milege. Price is in mid 40s. I am worried about too many miles add up to lots of maintenence soon. Wonder what you think.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:23 PM
Anyone?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.