Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From Panny to Tesla back to panny

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 01:19 PM
KICKINIT can only hope to improve
From Panny to Tesla back to panny

Loved my Panny turbo but 1.5 years ago bought the Tesla p85d ludicrous.
A sweet car and just wicked fast 2.85 0-60 but always felt something was missing. I had a lady run a red light last month and total the Tesla. I thought for sure i'd end up with another but instead found a sweet 2011 White Panny turbo with warranty 35k for miles with 155 msrp for $52,000. I couldn't pass it up and loving the car

Old 10-23-2017, 12:36 AM
AMGTHIS is an unknown quantity at this point
welcome back !! post some pics.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:18 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Yup...welcome back

Old 10-25-2017, 06:55 AM
mziegler38 is on a distinguished road
What did you find missing in the Tesla?

Old 10-25-2017, 12:44 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
I own a loaded PTT (163K msrp) and adore it. I have driven a P100D Model S and loved it. Apples to Oranges IMO - I appreciate both cars for what they are and one day I may pick up a P100D for a daily driver. The Tesla, while fantastic, will never be a Porsche.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:42 PM
mziegler38 is on a distinguished road
I would like to know what the OP specifically found lacking in the Tesla as compared to the Panny. What are the differences between the two cars?

Old 10-27-2017, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by mziegler38

car is being wrapped nardo gray currently
like the image shown above ^^^
will update pics once finished up next week
overall TESLA build quality is subpar IMO
but stupid fast off the line! i enjoyed the car but feel the panny is better overall

Old 10-29-2017, 06:01 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Very different story for me. Sold the PTT with powerkit. Have gone from P85D to P90D to P100D Tesla. My Panny had rusted tailpipes, flaking letters and it was towed about 20 to the garage. Nothing like that in the Tesla. Also the Tesla just is faster than anything in a straight line. Also love the over the air updates and wonderfull customer service. I miss my PCCB however. Also going from ice to electric has changed me. No more ice for me. So am hoping an e Panamera will come soon. The hybrid is too little too late. Also with 3,kids the 4 seater concept is not for me and the Sport Turismo is just sad. I am sorry to say that the Panamera Turbo is an Audi RS6 with a different badge. Atleast the 4.8 was a Porsche engine. 2 years ago I would have bought the Turbo S hybrid in a heartbeat, nyt now I just dont see the point. Also I loved the wing in the old Panny, but the new wing...not my cup of tea. Luckily the 918 and 911 have kept their integridy. Was also hoping the Mission e would get me back to Porsche, nyt that now too feels slow and outdated. After so many Porsches I cant believe I am saying that I want an American car ovet Porsche, nyt sadly that is the situation currently. Who knows, in 2 years it might ne a new ballgame.

Last edited by kip; 10-29-2017 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-29-2017, 06:16 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
I just wanted to add that I loved my Panny despite it not being very reliable. Also the Porscge is much more luxurious. When I sat in the Tesla for the first time, I said this just isnt for me. I also wanted to add why I dont like hybrids. I am frugal so drive the hybrids mostly in e mode. When I want to step on it like overtaking etc, I would need to warm the egine for like 6 km. I dont have the heart to boot a cold engine. In the Tesla I just floor it whenever I want, and a non hybrid just doesnt feel right anymore. Hope this clarifies my thoughts. Not trying to flame anyone. I miss my Panny now and then so hang around here also sometimes.

Last edited by kip; 10-29-2017 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:59 PM
Gus_Smedstad is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kip
I am frugal so drive the hybrids mostly in e mode.
I think this is part of why I didn't like my Panamera S e Hybrid. Mostly it was about the size of the car, but it was also about my tendency to drive in e-Power mode most of the time. The car was fun to drive in Sport or Sport+, but extremely iffy in e-Power. Yet any time I was stuck in traffic, I'd compulsively switch to e-Power because it felt wrong not to be going mostly electric when I could not use the extra power.

The upshot was that I'd frequently find myself in a position where I had an unexpected opening, where I'd get clear road in front of me, but since I was still in e-Power mode the car felt like a slug. That shaped how I felt about the car even though it was much better in Sport. If I'd only been willing to drive in Sport all the time, and screw the fuel efficiency, I'd probably have liked the car a lot more.

One of those steering wheel mode dials that Porsche introduced with the 2017 model year might have helped considerably. Switching to Sport in a 2015 was a very deliberate choice because the button was on the console, and I could not select it quickly by touch.

I'd really like to hear more about KickInit's model S disappointments, since I'm curious about the car. I don't see myself ever owning one, since one thing I learned from owning a Panamera is that I really don't like big sedans, but I'm curious anyway.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:48 PM
MoOriginal is on a distinguished road
great kit on that - what is that kit ?

Old 03-17-2018, 05:31 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
For a DD that is also a family sedan, there is nothing better than a Tesla modelS. I have the p90D ludicrous. I also have a maclaren 650S, Raptor and Telsa model X p90d ludicrous for the wife. I have had many other sport sedans and sport cars and the Tesla is my favorite. It handles amazingly well on sweeping fast turns, is faster than any other sedan by a long shot and has the best tech. The feeling of acceleration is more than the speed, it is how effortless it is. In an ICE car, you feel like you are straining the car and wasting fuel. The autopilot and all the tech with playing music, the navigation is worlds better than any other right now, and auto park, auto suspension raising, auto open/close the garage, I can go on and on. My lease is up in 1 year on the Tesla, and I can't imagine anything else I would choose over another one. I just hope they refresh it some before than.

I love cars. Will be taking my modified Raptor with my boys and wife on a off-roading trip to Sedona in 2 weeks. And the next week I will be taking my modified to 750hp 650S spider to a fun track day at Thermal. I love to have many different experiences in cars, so I will own many types. Having said all that, I still will choose my Tesla over anything else, if I can only have one car.

Old 03-27-2018, 03:08 PM
revolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mziegler38
A gas engine

Old 03-30-2018, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
For a DD that is also a family sedan, there is nothing better than a Tesla modelS. I have the p90D ludicrous. I also have a maclaren 650S, Raptor and Telsa model X p90d ludicrous for the wife. I have had many other sport sedans and sport cars and the Tesla is my favorite. It handles amazingly well on sweeping fast turns, is faster than any other sedan by a long shot and has the best tech. The feeling of acceleration is more than the speed, it is how effortless it is. In an ICE car, you feel like you are straining the car and wasting fuel. The autopilot and all the tech with playing music, the navigation is worlds better than any other right now, and auto park, auto suspension raising, auto open/close the garage, I can go on and on. My lease is up in 1 year on the Tesla, and I can't imagine anything else I would choose over another one. I just hope they refresh it some before than.

I love cars. Will be taking my modified Raptor with my boys and wife on a off-roading trip to Sedona in 2 weeks. And the next week I will be taking my modified to 750hp 650S spider to a fun track day at Thermal. I love to have many different experiences in cars, so I will own many types. Having said all that, I still will choose my Tesla over anything else, if I can only have one car.
Agree to disagree
the tesla is crazy fast however the car handles like a pig
the panny turbo wins in every other category for me looks-interior-fit and finish
handling- luxury
don't get me wrong MS is a great car

Old 05-14-2018, 05:57 PM
negb is on a distinguished road

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.