Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service issues... what do i do ??

Old 12-19-2017, 12:01 AM
AMGTHIS is an unknown quantity at this point
Service issues... what do i do ??

So my 2010 4s was parked for 4 days while the family and I went out of town. Once we returned home we noticed the car was slumped down on the front right side. I called Porsche service dep't in Memphis Tn. that's about 1.5 hours away to schedule a appointment. Over the course of 2 weeks time they replaced 2 front air struts, air compressor, rear parking brake actuator was all replaced under warranty 7000.00 billed to my aftermarket warranty company. I went and picked up the car once it was done.

The very next day the new compressor stayed on for some reason and wouldn't shut off. The car was off but the compressor ran and ran until it fried itself..... I made a short video of it running and texted it to the service manager. He sent a tow company to pick up the car and take it back up to be checked out. It was there for another 2 weeks time and he chalked it up to a faulty compressor. Replaced it with another one and called me to come get it.

So 3rd time I get it home and the following morning we take our boys to school and what do you know... The new compressor stuck on again and runs itself to death... The car was in sport plus mode and slowly lowered itself all the way down. Again I video and send to the service manager he again sends a towing company to get it.

That brings me to where I am right now, thanks for taking the time to read all this im looking for your opinions and what my options are. This dealership is the closest one to my location but there are some others around. My car never had a compressor issue prior to them changing it. I've owned this car since March and have had no issues other than it sitting funny after 4 days of no use. I just don't know what to do at this point. I'm waiting now on an update from the service manager.

Old 12-19-2017, 04:52 AM
P.Viby is on a distinguished road
Hmm - things like this can happen. I am sure they will not just change the compressor again��.
Could be a sensor issue or faulty control unit.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:49 AM
knowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura about
Definitely a frustrating situation. It sounds like they are owning up to fixing it for you. Ask them to consult with a factory technician.

Old 12-19-2017, 06:07 AM
Originally Posted by knowspin
Definitely a frustrating situation. It sounds like they are owning up to fixing it for you. Ask them to consult with a factory technician.

I believe so to they seem very willing so far picking it up and giving me a rental to use in the mean time.

But still they parked it out in the parking lot for 12 days to "monitor" the air system. Basically looking to see if one side slumps down over time. You would think they could hook a basic gauge up to the air system and check pressure for a leak. When I asked the service manager about that he told me parking it and observing it over a period of time is standard procedure.

Looks like this will be the 3rd. air compressor installed in a 45 day period.

Old 12-21-2017, 06:06 AM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
I wonder if the issue is not actually related to the compressor or a sensor like P.Viby alluded to, thus causing the compressor to run itself to death.

Old 12-21-2017, 06:14 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
nice that you have the warranty while they sort it out. I was never a fan of these systems because as they age they seem to have these issues. Not just Porsche has expensive long term issue s with the air suspension systems. It should be observed for people reading that always ask about buyer a pre owned Porsche without a warranty.

Old 12-21-2017, 09:19 AM
Eger is on a distinguished road
Sounds like your problem is with the compressor relay, which should be replaced as well. The relay located in the trunk. Once it’s stuck - the compressor is fried itself. I am surprised that your dealership has not replaced it yet. It’s about $30 compare to $1000 of the compressor.

Old 12-22-2017, 12:52 AM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by AMGTHIS
So my 2010 4s was parked for 4 days while the family and I went out of town. Once we returned home we noticed the car was slumped down on the front right side. I called Porsche service dep't in Memphis Tn. that's about 1.5 hours away to schedule a appointment. Over the course of 2 weeks time they replaced 2 front air struts, air compressor, rear parking brake actuator was all replaced under warranty 7000.00 billed to my aftermarket warranty company. I went and picked up the car once it was done.

The very next day the new compressor stayed on for some reason and wouldn't shut off. The car was off but the compressor ran and ran until it fried itself..... I made a short video of it running and texted it to the service manager. He sent a tow company to pick up the car and take it back up to be checked out. It was there for another 2 weeks time and he chalked it up to a faulty compressor. Replaced it with another one and called me to come get it.

So 3rd time I get it home and the following morning we take our boys to school and what do you know... The new compressor stuck on again and runs itself to death... The car was in sport plus mode and slowly lowered itself all the way down. Again I video and send to the service manager he again sends a towing company to get it.

That brings me to where I am right now, thanks for taking the time to read all this im looking for your opinions and what my options are. This dealership is the closest one to my location but there are some others around. My car never had a compressor issue prior to them changing it. I've owned this car since March and have had no issues other than it sitting funny after 4 days of no use. I just don't know what to do at this point. I'm waiting now on an update from the service manager.
Please tell your Porsche dealer to fix it right and provide you a loaner car. Tell them you want them to consult with Porsche service engineer, tell them to open the case and escalate it to Porsche Field engineer. I live in Bay Area SF, there are many porsche around where I am within 15min to 30min drive. So i have many choices. I am so sorry to hear your frustration and pain.

Please update us with the progress.

Old 12-22-2017, 03:37 AM
amgpan is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like a faulty relay keeping itself open.

There is an updated relay for our cars, see if they changed that. Its located in the trunk next to the battery

Old 12-27-2017, 11:33 AM
Okay so a quick update, Car is still in the service shop. Been a week now the service manager told me hes putting another new compressor in the car (3) Along with a valve block but hes still unsure whats causing the pump to stay on. He asked me if I would consider trading it in and if I wanted a guy from sales to contact me. I told him NO ive not considered it at all. I said I just want it fixed and back. Not sure what to think of that....