Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Advice on Replacement Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 03:56 PM
knowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura about
Need Advice on Replacement Brake Pads

We took delivery of a new 2018 Panamera 4 for my wife in December. We absolutely love the car, but there is one thing that I hate ........ the brake dust.

I have never owned a car that generated so much dust in so few miles. I'm cleaning the damn wheels every couple days. For years on my LS and on her Jaguar S-Type I always put Akebono ceramic pads on since the dust is almost non-existent. I have called the dealer's parts department and searched the internet and cannot find ceramic replacement pads for this vehicle.

I do see various non-ceramic replacement pads, but don't know if any of them would produce significantly less dust than the OEM pads.

Can anyone recommend a brand of replacement pads that would be better on dust production than the ones that came with the car?

BTW, I am not concerned with reduced braking performance. This is my wife's car with the tame 330 HP engine and she doesn't drive too aggressively.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:11 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I just did the same thing for my sisters Jag and found a pad with less dust and was quieter also. She loved them. I ll see if I can search them. I ve found most OEM German cars do this. My MB was horrible too. I put up with it because I do like the brake feel.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:14 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
http://www.brakewarehouse.com/ebc3.w...iAAEgLggPD_BwE

They don t go up to 2018 on site so you will have to call.
Or just try another vendor for these pads.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:02 PM
knowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura about
Thanks!

I put in the particulars of the car using 2017 since it should apply to 2018 models. Several different manufacturers show up - Wagner Brake, Centric Parts and FBS. EBC does not show up.

I'll call Brake Warehouse next week and see what they say. It's funny in my internet search Brake Warehouse didn't come up for me.

I appreciate the referral.