Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on this GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 04:08 PM
rjctt is an unknown quantity at this point
Advice on this GTS

I have to make a purchase decision soon. I contacted Porsche of Beachwood and they are willing to ship the car 2000 miles to my place, and also CPO it. It was originally listed as "Used"

2015 GTS - 35K Miles, $ 70K

What do you think? I am somewhat concerned about it having 35K miles - that's on the higher end of my search criteria. I intend to drive 5-8K miles/year.
Also I wanted Sport steering wheel. This has MF. Anyone experienced adding Techart paddle shifters? Some people on 911 forum have done it and found it quite useful

Old 06-23-2018, 07:11 PM
dudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the rough
This link is an alternate listing for the vehicle with a breakdown of the "additional equipment" (expand the drop down). What is the condition of the tires?

I currently have 68K miles on a 2013 GTS and logged several cross-country trips with no serious issues.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the feedback. KBB is showing a price of 65K - interesting it didn't ask me for mileage which has significant impact on price. I like many things about this car including the fact that dealer is open to CPO it (meaning tires would have enough life left), cover shipping 2000 miles away, exterior color and wheel combo.

On the other hand - the cons are higher miles, lack of Alcantara, lack of Sport steering, no PDCC.

Alternatively, at a higher price range, would you rather buy the GTS or TurboS - see the listings below

CPO 2016 GTS, 16K miles, 89K
OR
CPO 2014 TurboS, 23K Miles, 86K

Also see this 2014 Turbo with PDCC - very few miles (12K) and only selling for 72K. Is it too low for an excellent condition car?

Old 06-24-2018, 12:19 AM
onemanclique is on a distinguished road
My advice is if possible make the effort to go and see the car and test drive it. Personally it’s the only way I get comfort in knowing if it was the right choice at the right price. I was also looking for a 2014-2015 gts and closed on one out of state this weekend. And for me it was the NA V8 that was a must so made it to an easy decision to go gts instead of turbo.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:56 AM
These cars are all remote. But I have driven both GTS and Turbo couple of times. Both are excellent choices and it's hard to make a decision. So I am waiting for either model to show up with the right options and pull the trigger. I like most things about GTS. It is very sporty, sits lower and comes with nice interiors (I like alcantara). It lacks the explosive acceleration that I can tap on my CTT, and the same is much stronger on PTT. PTT is short on exhaust, but a car with sport exhaust is good enough for me.

I am thinking that if I spend 80K+, it should/must be a Turbo. 70s is good for GTS

Old 06-24-2018, 04:40 AM
dudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the rough
This link for car values was posted previously and includes an option for mileage. They are all low mileage cars, if you will be driving it regularly versus a expecting it to be a garage queen.

At this point, the best car will be the options that you desire and price that you are willing to pay. You already have a good idea on both of these points? Per the prior response, it would certainly be worth seeing and driving the car in person if you have a final candidate. If there are serious flaws or issues, cancel the purchase versus regret.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:43 AM
daviper1595 is an unknown quantity at this point
The answer is always Carmine Red! I have a 13 GTS in Carmine Red - and the color is one of my favorite things about my car. That’s a great car though. You’ll drive yourself nuts trying to find a used Porsche that has every option you want exactly - there are so many options on them it’s nearly impossible.

I bought mine with 52k miles and it’s now at 62k - I drive about 15k miles a year. If the car in great condition and is under warranty than in my opinion the mileage shouldn’t be a huge concern. We’re not talking about an exotic car that will plummet in value. I got an aftermarket warranty on mine until about 100k miles (the car was CPO when i got it) and I plan to sell it when it’s in the 80’s of 90’s for mileage. For me, the money saved on the higher mileage was worth it.

Will this car car be your daily? For me, I originally thought I wanted the Sport steering wheel - after living with the car for 6 months I’m so much happier with the MF wheel and having the radio controls on it and the heated steering wheel in the winter. PDK is such a great transmission that I never use the shift buttons (maybe I would if I had the paddles, but personally I’m happy with my heated MF wheel instead).

The alcantara interior is definetily nice (mine has it) - but the advantage of the cooled seats on the leather is nice. Leather is also easier to care for and is more durable than alcantara.

The only option I don’t think I’d go without on future Porsche’s after having it in my current GTS is PDCC. But if I had never had it I’m not sure it would have bothered me at all not having it on this car.

No no matter what option you choose, you will love the car! How it drives makes it totally worth it.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:15 PM
onemanclique is on a distinguished road
As others noted it’s difficult to find one with the exact specs wanted so it’s good to come up with a list of must haves vs preferred. Should also look into how much it would cost to change certain things like the sport steering wheel and factor that into the budget.
Personally it was worth the flight/time to see and drive the ones I had as options so I knew exactly what I was getting. Wouldve given me way too much anxiety if I had to wait til delivery 😅

Old 06-24-2018, 12:17 PM
It's coming down to a handful of choices. This will be wife's car which I plan to drive during weekend. Or better yet if I convince her to take by 2014 CTT, then I can take the Panamera. She will be more than happy with almost any car. Ultimately it comes down to a car that I also feel excited about. We have narrowed the color choices to White Metallic, GT/Rhodium Silver, Carmine Red, Ruby Red (maybe, it looks kinda maroonish and dull).

2015 PTT w/PDCC, 24K Miles, 85K (dealer has already reduced by 5K on first conversation)

CPO 2014 PTTS, thus PDCC is included, 23K Miles, 86K - Ruby Red is kinda dampener as I mentioned earlier. On plus side, this is a TurboS

Non-CPO 2014 PTT w/ PDCC, 12K Miles, 72K - tires need replacement per a comment earlier

CPO 2015 GTS, no PDCC, 35K Miles, 70K including shipping to my place

Old 06-24-2018, 10:53 PM
Is the VIN -> Porsche build site down? Seems it is undergoing maintenance for several days now. Eg. http://admin.porschedealer.com/repor...AC29994S692391

Additionally, also found 2 picture-perfect GTS. And read up reviews of their dealers which is horrible. Thus staying away from them.

2016 GTS White

2015 GTS Silver

Old 06-25-2018, 11:09 AM
2014 Turbo with PDCC - 12K Miles going for 72K as discussed previously. I am in touch with dealer who seems quite responsive. The build is 185K. So this car is worth 40% of original value in 4-5 years. Is this normal or too good to be true?

I have also asked him for a PPI report since one was done recently.

Old 06-25-2018, 02:13 PM
Attached is the report that dealer shared on 2014 Turbo with PDCC. Pretty concerning. for a vehicle with barely 12K miles, rear tires are at 0 mm, vehicle vibrates heavily under braking (needs all 4 brakes), A/C wasn't working fine. Lot of broken stuff on a low mileage vehicle which is abnormal. I am thinking of passing. What do you think?

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2014ptt.pdf (290.2 KB, 34 views)
Old 07-10-2018, 09:24 PM
Mofongo is on a distinguished road
Did you ever end up getting the 2014 Turbo? (Sorry for the late response, I don't check here very often). It seems like the car was driven very hard to cause the tire wear and brake vibration (maybe cementite buildup?). The Turbo and GTS have some pretty serious 2-piece floating rotors up front, so they are quite resistant to heating. No idea what's up with the hood struts being broken.

On the flip side, tires and brakes are expendable. If the vibration goes away completely after brake replacement + alignment, and there are no issues with control arm bushings, etc, then I dunno.

Old 07-14-2018, 04:20 PM
I passed on that much abused Turbo. It's still listed as active for several months now.

Today I drove 2014 Panemera GTS, 2014 E63S, 2015 M6 Gran Coupe side by side. Overall I found Panamera to be the best - amazing handling, nice exhaust, fabulous interior with GTS package, high gloss black wheels. M6 was a close second, handling was close to GTS. Power was higher but it didn't feel significantly faster. On pushing the car, I noticed some wheel slippage. Interior was typical BMW kinda plain - GTS has much better interior. Driving position felt low and sporty.

Ideal vehicle for me would be GTS with more power and torque. That subject is close to GTS vs Turbo comparison. In the past I had even started a thread about the same "How to make Turbo as engaging as GTS". Not sure if there is a perfect answer. I have even tried Turbo with Sport exhaust - the overall sporty nature of GTS is still a notch higher. What do you think?

E63S was a distant third. It has the sound. But the handling is nowhere close to the other two. Just felt like I was driving a fast car without much engagement.

Interested in hearing perspectives about M6 GC. Thanks!

Old 07-14-2018, 08:48 PM
orangeokie is an unknown quantity at this point
Also see this 2014 Turbo with PDCC - very few miles (12K) and only selling for 72K. Is it too low for an excellent condition car?

This is the one I would go for. It is priced very fairly.